PDA

View Full Version : persian mauser

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 10:20 AM
i know this sounds a bit silly just curious if it is allowed in california? i just want to make sure before i get one from the internet, i assume it is because it is a C&R. but please can anyone verify this for me

IS THERE ANY CHART OR SOMETHING SHOWING THAT THIS GUN IS LEGAL IN CA?, the seller wont ship to me unless they have proof that this gun is legal in CA, or a letter from the DOJ saying that it is.

Argonaut
01-07-2011, 11:41 AM
There are no real restrictions on bolt rifles in the state and the C&R would trump them in any event. (one exception would be a 50BMG)

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 12:05 PM
thats what i thought. thanks!

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 3:21 PM
IS THERE ANY CHART OR SOMETHING SHOWING THAT THIS GUN IS LEGAL IN CA, the seller wont ship to me unless they have proof that this gun is legal in CA, or a letter from the DOJ saying that it is.

Milsurp Collector
01-07-2011, 3:26 PM
Show him this link http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

If he follows it through he will end up at "LEGAL Not classified as an assault weapon".

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 3:31 PM
Show him this link http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

If he follows it through he will end up at "LEGAL Not classified as an assault weapon".

thanks, hopefully this will be sufficient

TRICKSTER
01-07-2011, 3:53 PM
IS THERE ANY CHART OR SOMETHING SHOWING THAT THIS GUN IS LEGAL IN CA, the seller wont ship to me unless they have proof that this gun is legal in CA, or a letter from the DOJ saying that it is.

That's funny, I would ask him to show proof that it's legal in his state and to provide a letter from his state's Attorney General stating it's ok for him to possess/sell it. Maybe he would then see how silly his request sounds.:D

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 5:09 PM
That's funny, I would ask him to show proof that it's legal in his state and to provide a letter from his state's Attorney General stating it's ok for him to possess/sell it. Maybe he would then see how silly his request sounds.:D

hahahaha,yeaaah that may just work

SVT-40
01-07-2011, 5:20 PM
Do you have a 03 C&R? I assume so. Maybe you could send him a copy of the C&R list which makes all original military bolt action rifles made between 1899 and 1946 C&R's.

I know it's not California specific. But it might help.

It's on page 18 of the attached link. Which is a PDF of the BATFE Curio and Firearms list

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 6:37 PM
Do you have a 03 C&R? I assume so. Maybe you could send him a copy of the C&R list which makes all original military bolt action rifles made between 1899 and 1946 C&R's.

I know it's not California specific. But it might help.

It's on page 18 of the attached link. Which is a PDF of the BATFE Curio and Firearms list

unfortunately i do not have an 03 C&R, this will actually be my first rifle purchase, which would probably be a better idea to get one that i can actually handle rather than from online, but for the last 3 years i have been searching high and low for a mauser with matching numbers and bayonet, and i missed the opportunity of getting one from samco for a fair price. and now that this opportunity has arrived i wish to get it. but this person on gunbroker is making things difficult for me.

hk91666
01-07-2011, 6:41 PM
unfortunately i do not have an 03 C&R, this will actually be my first rifle purchase, which would probably be a better idea to get one that i can actually handle rather than from online, but for the last 3 years i have been searching high and low for a mauser with matching numbers and bayonet, and i missed the opportunity of getting one from samco for a fair price. and now that this opportunity has arrived i wish to get it. but this person on gunbroker is making things difficult for me.

If you are not a 03FFL then I believe you will have to get Mauser shipped to a 01 FFL and go through DROS. Since the rifle is coming in from out of State; if in State you could FTF and Cash 'n Carry.

TRICKSTER
01-07-2011, 6:50 PM
He will have to ship it to a 01 FFL. The 01 FFL would not accept it if it wasn't legal to transfer to you. Is the seller giving you problems even though it would be shipped to a 01 FFL?

Milsurp Collector
01-07-2011, 7:39 PM

If he just refuses to ship to California contact this Gunbroker seller. He will happily serve as the middleman for the transaction for $20 + shipping.

Help for California Buyers:

I am happy to ship to California. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make sure any item you buy is legal in your state. I am also happy to help with your purchase of a gun other than mine. If you see a gun you would like to buy but the seller can’t or won’t ship to California I’ll be happy help. You buy the gun and have it shipped to me. I’ll then ship to your California dealer. The cost for this service is $20 + shipping. Let me know if I can help!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SellerAuctions.aspx?User=158055

mayo 111
01-07-2011, 11:30 PM
He will have to ship it to a 01 FFL. The 01 FFL would not accept it if it wasn't legal to transfer to you. Is the seller giving you problems even though it would be shipped to a 01 FFL?

well, i havent heard from the seller since i sent them that flow chart from post #5, as well as TRANSACTIONS EXEMPT FROM PENAL CODE SECTION 12072(d). from calgunlaws.com, which explained that it was legal to transfer C&Rs from out of state. if him not responding is him giving me problems, then yes the seller is giving me problems. although it is late so i guess i should just be patient. but id like to get an answer soon so i can set things up with my local ffl

TRICKSTER
01-08-2011, 2:49 AM
Hope it works out for you.
Here are a couple of links with info showing that C&R rifles are exempt
from the California Firearms License Check just in case that issue comes
up. They also shows that private parties and 03 FFL's are exempt when
shipping to CA.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/2008-BOF-01.pdf
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs.php

mayo 111
01-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Hope it works out for you.
Here are a couple of links with info showing that C&R rifles are exempt
from the California Firearms License Check just in case that issue comes
up. They also shows that private parties and 03 FFL's are exempt when
shipping to CA.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/2008-BOF-01.pdf
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/cflcfaqs.php

thanks a lot trickster! i really appreciate your help!

mayo 111
01-08-2011, 10:25 AM
If he just refuses to ship to California contact this Gunbroker seller. He will happily serve as the middleman for the transaction for $20 + shipping.

thanks, ill see if i can contact him if this guy doesnt want to ship to california!