PDA

View Full Version : finally building my JD .308 AR rifle, what do you all recommend for compensator?

semperfi374
01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
All,

Like to hear back from other fellow .308 AR (AR-10) owners as to what compensator they recommend for my build? I'm going with a Bull Barrel in stainless and wanted to hear from others on what they recommend to look into.
Feel free to post pictures of your rigs as well as that will always help my cause.

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

Fiveohmike
01-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Jp large tactical brake. Check.the pics in my sig

KaLiFORNIA
01-04-2011, 3:27 PM
BABATTLE COMP

JaeOne3345
01-04-2011, 3:54 PM
JP Bennie Cooley tactical brake, JP recoil eliminator, or SJC Titan.

I am a huge SJC Titan fan.

Battlecomps are cool. My roommate has one. You can go that route if you are looking for something not as loud and not as much as a blast as a true competition brake/comp. But you give away a little bit in the area of recoil reduction. Don't get me wrong, his BC does a great job, but the recoil impulse is different than my Titan.

The JP and SJC competition style pieces are the opposite. You get the great recoil reduction benefits, but they are a lot louder and more concussive from the side.

It doesn't bother me though, I'd take a true competition brake any day.

Loud? Concussive? Not my problem. I am behind the gun. lol.

Everyone has their own opinion/uses/needs/wants though.

yellowfin
01-04-2011, 5:24 PM
AAC 18 tooth or 51 tooth brake.

sleepur606
01-04-2011, 7:31 PM
The JP and SJC competition style pieces are the opposite. You get the great recoil reduction benefits, but they are a lot louder and more concussive from the side.

It doesn't bother me though, I'd take a true competition brake any day.

Loud? Concussive? Not my problem. I am behind the gun. lol.

Everyone has their own opinion/uses/needs/wants though.

I would also recommend the JP brake. It's what I'll be using when I scrape the cash together to finish my 80% .308 lower.

A buddy of mine has a JP brake on his .223 and, just as JaeOne says, it is extremely concussive directly beside the rifle, but my AAC Brakeout 51T isn't any better. They both do their jobs well, mine just happens to be able to accept an AAC suppressor if I ever leave Cali or the laws change.

707electrician
01-04-2011, 7:51 PM
I like the JP brake as well. I think someday I will get one for my AR

semperfi374
01-04-2011, 8:19 PM
Thanks for all the tips and this will help me get this build going once and for all. Too many choices out there and just wanted to hear back on what other have used for their builds, THANKS AGAIN!

Eddie