PDA

View Full Version : HK Builders - Need some advice/help on a HK33 build

till44
12-29-2010, 9:07 AM
I have a chance to buy an buddy's uncompleted HK33 project. It is far from complete from what I can tell, but I have no experience building anything HK related. So far the only real work that has been completed is that the barrel has been installed on a Vector V93 receiver (by a gunsmith). The upper receiver and base of the barrel still need painted.

The rest of the build is in pieces but it's all there. The US parts are from JLD and include trigger box, hammer, trigger, sear and cocking handle. Basically the rifle is in 4 large pieces (the lower, the upper receiver and barrel, forend, and buttstock) and then all the little internal pieces.

My building experience is in ARs. I have built plenty from the ground up and feel very comfortable doing so. My HK building/maintenance experience is zero, I have had the pleasure of training on a few HK rifles, but that's it. I can't fall back on my buddy's knowledge too much as his is limited (partly why it was never completed) and he is now across the country and busy with other things. So, I turn to my loyal Calguns community.

Is this a project that would be over my head? What would be a decent price to pay for the kit? What should I be looking for or what have I overlooked?

Thanks guys.

Q
12-29-2010, 9:32 AM
Sounds like it's already built. Does it have the bolt and was is used when installed? You just need to find out if it is headspaced with feeler guages.

I got a HK project I need to complete and another one I want to start.:D