PDA

View Full Version : Best Scope or anything threads

fcr
12-28-2010, 9:55 AM
These pop up all the time and it is generally somebody that has little experience. One of the things that comes up for me since I am new to trying to figure out what scope to get for a particular use is the questions to ask. I have begun to ask the scope questions awhile ago and have done my own research. It has taken quite awhile to figure certain things out also. Seems a sticky with the proper questions to ask might be helpful. Not knowing what to ask is the first major hurdle in any hobby. Just asking what is the best, never accomplishes much. Just a thought.

RobG
12-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Nice post. Inevitably the first several posts to, "I need a scope for my rifle" is, "What is your primary purpose/use of said rifle?" Just having your useage in mind will make all the difference in what will work best for you.

Rusty_Buckhorn
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
good topic.

Also, I think if you're going to ask for product info/ratings, at least do some research. Try to narrow it down a bit on your own. Also, have a price range in mind.

oh, and the search button is your friend.

fcr
12-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Here is something that has helped me here...
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=018149931542195181678:pzxbzjzh1zk
It is a calgun custom search somebody posted quite awhile back.
I see these type of threads on other boards/hobbies that I look at, invariably somebody gets their thong in a knot and starts up with negativity.

Mute
12-28-2010, 4:36 PM
Your best bet is to state your budget and how you plan to use the scope. That will help in narrowing down suggestions that will fit your needs.