PDA

View Full Version : 22/45 Feed Issue

Donny1
10-31-2010, 7:01 PM
So of course, since I've bragged about the reliability of my little target pistol, today I had some feed issues. I went out to the desert for a few hours today and my 22/45 started to not feed the first round, both mags having the same issue. I noticed the nose of the bullet was not nose up like usual after inserting the mags. If I tipped it up before I inserted the mag, no problems. If I didn't, some times it would shove the nose of the bullet right into the bottom of the feed ramp.

Question, there is a small arm that comes from the upper receiver and, I thought contacted the top / back of the cartridge when the mag spring is pushing up to tip them up. It looks like it is touching the mag lip instead of the casing. Does anyone know what it's exact function is? Is it supposed to contact the cases?

sequoia_nomad
10-31-2010, 9:34 PM
Sounds like you are referring to the ejector. This is a small pin-like arm that protrudes from the rear, and is responsible for directing the spent case out toward the ejection port as the extractor pulls it out of the chamber during recoil. Mine doesn't contact the magazine nor the top round, but it's very close. As long as your spent cases are clearing the ejection port it sounds like the ejector is working fine. I have also had issues with rounds hanging up on the ramp and getting "sliced" across the nose, mostly Remington Golden Bullets. I'm thinking about disassembling and cleaning my magazine to see if that helps.

Donny1
10-31-2010, 10:05 PM
I have the mags apart and I'm going to round the front of the rear mag lips as discussed on rimfirecentral and other sites. Seems to be a common fix for this. Yes it is the ejector. I don't think there is any problem in that area as it never FTE. I also have a VQ extractor in waiting just in case.

This is supposed to remedy stovepipe and FTF issues very well. Mine has never stovepiped a round out of around 3k. And this is a new issue.

http://xavierthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/10/mkii-magazine-tweak.html