PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster/Remington V-Match Rifles

SFgiants105
10-19-2010, 8:41 AM
I've posted something like this before, but I was just curious if anyone owns one of these rifles (the target rifles with the triangle barrel forend).

I ask because I have an R15 VTR (flat-top) that I still haven't bought sights for (every time I get enough for a scope, I just buy another gun)

I saw these iron sights from Bushmaster's site and was wondering if anyone has them or has seen them installed:

BMAS Front Flip Up Sight for V Match carbines
http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=19

Any help would be much appreciated

killshot44
10-19-2010, 9:44 AM
Not sure, but Go Giants!

rero360
10-19-2010, 10:03 AM
From looking at the site, it appears that they are just rebranded Yankee Hill irons, nothing wrong with them that I know of, but I know that for just a few dollars more you can get the Troy Folding Battle sights and I have heard nothing but glowing reviews for them, they'll be the ones I'm going to be putting on my rifle once I get around to it lol.

russ69
10-19-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm not an expert but that looks like what you need. It's a special part designed to clamp on the front gas block of a V-match rifle. You have a VTR but they look the same. A call to Bushmaster will do the trick. You'll also need a rear sight of the right height, they can help you with that.

Thanx, Russ