09-24-2010, 11:30 PM
i give up

Veggie
09-25-2010, 12:21 AM
www.ar15barrels.com

heard nothing but excellent things.

RRichie09
09-25-2010, 8:26 AM
do i also have to put on the gas block and barrel nut before the flash hider is pinned?

Yes, unless your gas block comes apart in half. Otherwise you won't be able to slide it on over the FH.

Why not just have Randell at ar15barrels.com just assemble the upper for you? No headaches and from what I recall the price is VERY reasonable.

xxINKxx
09-25-2010, 10:39 AM
You need to have it all assembled befor the FH is pinned.

Randal does good work. He shortened my barrel to about 14.7" since the standard A2 was pretty short. He charged 40$ to take apart my upper and reasemble. I think the entire job was like 90$

You can ship him your upper if your not in L.A area. But ive heard not such good things about randal taking forever if you ship him your stuff though since he gets alot of shipments in.

There is also a vendor in AZ (look in the commercial sales forum) you can ship your upper to and turn around is about a week or 2 and the price is around the same including shipping.

I do like the shorter barrel. But now that I wanna change my FH out for a comp, and do other stuff im pretty much screwed since its permanant. I kinda wish I left mine 16". I ended up drilling out the weld and pin. Almost ruined the end of my barrel.

ummagawd
09-27-2010, 2:28 PM
To add onto the OP,

Is it perfectly legal for me to purchase a 14.5" barrel without a pinned muzzle device?

My plan is to build a 14.5 middy, and the compensator i want isn't released yet (battle comp 1.5).

After I collect the rest of the parts, I'd be taking it somewhere to get the work done.

Would i be breaking any laws here or do I need to have the muzzle device pinned (to bring it to 16"+) before i take possession?

shark92651
09-27-2010, 3:39 PM
We pin/weld muzzle devices now as well. Generally, it is best to just let the person doing the welding perform the entire upper assembly as well.

spdrcr
09-27-2010, 3:44 PM
Would i be breaking any laws here or do I need to have the muzzle device pinned (to bring it to 16"+) before i take possession?

If you have any AR rifle lower and no SBR tax stamp or AR pistol lower you would be breaking the law. Probably best to have the muzzle device pinned first.

munkeeboi
09-27-2010, 3:59 PM
noob question im sure but how do i go about ordering a 14.5" barrel? i need to have a muzzle device perm attached (where can i get that done?) do i just ship the barrel to them? do i also have to put on the gas block and barrel nut before the flash hider is pinned?

As stated above...if you have any AR (lower) and do not have an AR pistol lower, do not take possession of any upper with a barrel shorter than 16". CONSTRUCTIVE POSSESSION for a SBR applies!!! Please have it sent to whoever can possess and pin on the extension to make it a legal 16" barrel.

If you do not have any AR lower of any kind, then you can possess the under 16" barrel

NiteQwill
09-28-2010, 11:04 PM
umm... how about delete your post and think about the question you just asked.

Constructive possession is not one to take lightly.

koxx.dta
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
thanks to everyone for helping...most were helpful but the internet police were not