PDA

View Full Version : C&R and COE problem

pigncat
08-28-2010, 7:52 PM
I am a C&R FFl and COE holder. I should be exempted from the one pistol per 30 days rule, even with modern pistol. I tried to purchase 2 modern pistols on-line and ship to Cash Loan, Inc in South San Francisco for transfer. I called up Cash Loan and told them what pistols are coming. The guy on the other line said he the C&R FFL and COE combo are only good with C&R pistol. He said he has been in business for over 19 years and never heard of that exemption. I tried to explain the detail about the exemption but he was very upset about being lectured by me and hung up on me. I don't know if that was a isolated incidence or it happened to someone else? For me, I will never use them to transfer for sure!

ke6guj
08-28-2010, 8:10 PM
I am a C&R FFl and COE holder. I should be exempted from the one pistol per 30 days rule, even with modern pistol. I tried to purchase 2 modern pistols on-line and ship to Cash Loan, Inc in South San Francisco for transfer. I called up Cash Loan and told them what pistols are coming. The guy on the other line said he the C&R FFL and COE combo are only good with C&R pistol. He said he has been in business for over 19 years and never heard of that exemption. I tried to explain the detail about the exemption but he was very upset about being lectured by me and hung up on me. I don't know if that was a isolated incidence or it happened to someone else? For me, I will never use them to transfer for sure!it appears that many FFLs are not aware of the exemption, and more importantly, how to properly DROS the two handguns so that CADOJ doesn't deny the second DROS. Even calling CADOJ will get you conflicting answers on whether or not the exemption applies to modern handguns, even though the PC does not limit the exemption to just C&R handguns.

Sometimes it is better to go in in person when you need to explain something like that, so that you can print out the PC and physically show them.

becxltoo984
08-28-2010, 8:15 PM
why are you posting this again . ?

pigncat
08-28-2010, 8:16 PM
I totally agree with you. We need a phD in order to understand the firearm regulation in California.:confused:

SJgunguy24
08-28-2010, 10:07 PM
With a COE and C&R all C&R firearms are cash and carry. And yes he's wrong, take your ATF yellow book in there and show him.

ke6guj
08-28-2010, 10:12 PM
With a COE and C&R all C&R firearms are cash and carry. And yes he's wrong, take your ATF yellow book in there and show him.

re-read the OP. The OP is not buying C&R firearms in this case, but is wanting to DROS 2 modern handguns at the same time and take them home in 10 days.

And wouldn't it be the ATF green book that has the CA laws in it if the OP wanted to show him?

SJgunguy24
08-28-2010, 10:16 PM
re-read the OP. The OP is not buying C&R firearms in this case, but is wanting to DROS 2 modern handguns at the same time and take them home in 10 days.

And wouldn't it be the ATF green book that has the CA laws in it if the OP wanted to show him?

I read it perfectly clear, but he said the dealer thought the 1 in 30 only applied to C&R handguns. Kill 2 birds with one stone since he's wrong on both accounts.
My ATF book with all of the regs for the states and territories is yellow.

I've been studying Jack. :D

ke6guj
08-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I read it perfectly clear, but he said the dealer thought the 1 in 30 only applied to C&R handguns. Kill 2 birds with one stone since he's wrong on both accounts. gotcha.

My ATF book with all of the regs for the states and territories is yellow.hmm, mine wiht a revision date of Sept 2008 is green. I dont know if it was yellow before green or after green. I know they now send out the state laws on CD and that you ahve to special-order a paper copy if you want one.

I've been studying Jack. :D:D

thedrickel
08-28-2010, 10:25 PM
Fail, bro. Your mistake was going to Cash Loan Inc to do some transfers. I know it's tempting but the guy doesn't know jack. I tried to buy a PA-63 there when they were still on the roster. I went and showed him the printout from J&G's website and asked if he would send his license to them. He said he wouldn't do it until he got one of theirs, so he knew he was getting it from an FFL. I said "you've never heard of J&G Sales? Look at the website!" He said "Anybody can throw up a website!"

I went home and called J&G. They had a copy of his license, but it was expired. :(

Just do the transfer at City Arms.
http://media.photobucket.com/image/ffuuuuuuuuuu/austinjg/fuuuuu.jpg

ke6guj
08-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Fail, bro. Your mistake was going to Cash Loan Inc to do some transfers. I know it's tempting but the guy doesn't know jack. I tried to buy a PA-63 there when they were still on the roster. I went and showed him the printout from J&G's website and asked if he would send his license to them. He said he wouldn't do it until he got one of theirs, so he knew he was getting it from an FFL. I said "you've never heard of J&G Sales? Look at the website!" He said "Anybody can throw up a website!"

I went home and called J&G. They had a copy of his license, but it was expired. :(

Just do the transfer at City Arms.
wow. In that case, give him J&G's FFL# and see if he could confirm it on BATF's EZ-check website, but even that he'd probably say could be hacked or something.

but, as you said, just find a different dealer to deal with.

SJgunguy24
08-28-2010, 10:57 PM
wow. In that case, give him J&G's FFL# and see if he could confirm it on BATF's EZ-check website, but even that he'd probably say could be hacked or something.

but, as you said, just find a different dealer to deal with.

Sounds like you could tell that Jacktard the earth is round and he would still tell you it's flat.