PDA

View Full Version : LaRue/Loctite Question

b.faust
08-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Ok, I know I saw a thread on this here, but can't find it now, so in the risk of dupe:

I just got my fancy LaRue SPR-S Mount LT-158 in the mail today. (Along with some "Dillo Dust" meat rub which I can't wait to try)

Anyway, I took off one of the ring screws and it has a little dab of red synthetic coating (it's not loctite). I remembered then reading here on Calguns about them coming like that now and it helps keep the screws tight.
So the question is, do I still use some blue loctite on the scope ring screws, or just stay witht the pre applied 'red dab' of mystery?

Thanks!
B.

esskay
08-20-2010, 2:46 PM
I had LaRue mount screws that slowly worked loose, so I always apply blue loctite now

b.faust
08-20-2010, 3:27 PM
Loctite and I have had some bad experiences. We haven't spoken to each other in a year.

I keep saying "You're too clingy, I need space (to unscrew this damn hex bolt), but it just keeps on hanging on." I'd like to say I've moved on, but damn it, I need loctite....

But, I'll give it another chance in small doses. Like a drop or something.
;)
Thanks
B.

Divernhunter
08-20-2010, 3:42 PM
Clean the threads and use only Blue loctite. NEVER use red loctite on a firearm scope and most all other parts.

b.faust
08-20-2010, 9:14 PM
Clean the threads and use only Blue loctite. NEVER use red loctite on a firearm scope and most all other parts.

Dude, I've had issues with blue loctite, I don't even own any red after some of my experiences.

But thanks.
;)

B>

fcr
08-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Heat is needed to loosen red loctite. I use a heat gun if I use it.... on my motorcycle.

Divernhunter
08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Heat and/or an impact gun. Both wich are not reall good on a firearm.