PDA

View Full Version : Cope's Dist. $299.99 and Atlantic Tula Kits $285.99....

4thSBCT
08-11-2010, 4:27 PM
Cope's Dist.

Feel free to call 1 866 523 2673 ask for Misty

http://i33.tinypic.com/34i2wxd.jpg

Dovii4ever
08-11-2010, 4:32 PM
The moment I saw that I got a few! now I'm broke::eek:

nicoroshi
08-11-2010, 4:32 PM
Nice find 4thSBCT!

AngryPossum
08-11-2010, 4:45 PM
Dumb question from a newbie who has never built one, but is looking to get into building and might pick this up for the future. Is this AK built on a stamped or milled receiver? Would this be a good investment for a future build after I have much more experience. It would be awesome to have something close to a real Russian AK. Thanks.

nick
08-11-2010, 4:54 PM
AKM = stamped receiver.

You will likely have to do this as a "future build", since this kit doesn't come with a barrel (so it's a more complicated build than building from a complete kit with the original barrel).

AngryPossum
08-11-2010, 5:12 PM
Is this a good price for a russian kit? even without barrel? ($285) I'd be paying with credit card not cash, so I think they will add 3% plus shipping.

69Mach1
08-11-2010, 5:24 PM
That's a reasonable price. I may do it. Wonder if there are RPK's in the pipeline

nick
08-11-2010, 5:27 PM
Well, I just got one. An RPK would be great, but I'll take what I can get :)

Rekrab
08-11-2010, 5:29 PM
That's hot, I'll have to think about it though. Just dropped a few hundred today on a test and test prep >.<

Barabas
08-11-2010, 5:31 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the first of many to come to us from Russia via Bulgaria or Romania. Buy them up so the floodgates open again. Just think, if these sell well, in five years we'll be neck deep in $65 kits again.

Shady
08-11-2010, 5:33 PM
not guarateed to match

ouch !

4thSBCT
08-11-2010, 5:37 PM
Just think, if these sell well, in five years we'll be neck deep in $65 kits again.

Pipe dream

Barabas
08-11-2010, 5:47 PM
If we have a Democrat in office in five years, you might be right. I'm full of hope for change, however.

KALIDAWG8996
08-11-2010, 6:01 PM
no barrel??? hmm...I'd pull the trigger if it came with a matching barrel. Might as well get a CFS kit still.

nick
08-11-2010, 6:19 PM
Hmm, they wouldn't ship the mag as rebuild kit. Pity.

Atlantic Firearms
08-11-2010, 6:41 PM
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/data/default/images/catalog/large/AKKITTULA.jpg

nick
08-11-2010, 6:43 PM
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/data/default/images/catalog/large/AKKITTULA.jpg

It's not nice to tempt people, you know :)

Q
08-11-2010, 6:52 PM
That is the latest year I've seen a TULA akm. I read 1975 was the last year or one of the last years of russian akm.
It is interesting that it appears to not have a cast gas block found on late 1975 Izhmash factory akm.
I've seen a late Tula gas block that looks similar to late Izhmash ones wonder if these have it. It is a evolution of akm 45 degree gas block to 74 90 degree gas block with a odd looking front slope.

Atlantic Firearms
08-11-2010, 6:55 PM
The kits will vary in date range , one we opened today for random inspection was dated 1970 .

Shady
08-11-2010, 6:57 PM
you have an awesome job dude

TURBOELKY
08-11-2010, 7:55 PM
I so need to stay off of this section......man, I want one! But I just bought a AMD kit with original barrel,.....decisions, decisions....:chris:
If the price was a little lower, I'd be on it already, but 300 with shipping etc. and no "magazine kit" is a bummer. Especially with the Romy's without the barrel going for 90 bucks....200 would have been great for these....

golden
08-11-2010, 7:58 PM
Hmm, they wouldn't ship the mag as rebuild kit. Pity.

I know right? Shouldn't it take approximately 5 minutes or less to just disassemble the dang thing? Too bad for us I guess.

And how good of a price is this guys? I don't have a lot of experience with kits so I don't know what the rarest and/or best quality kits are. How much is a completed Arsenal AKM worth?

valleyrat
08-11-2010, 8:48 PM
Im out...no more kits.....unless some EG Weiger kits show up. I can dream.

Chatterbox
08-11-2010, 9:06 PM
I know right? Shouldn't it take approximately 5 minutes or less to just disassemble the dang thing? Too bad for us I guess.

And how good of a price is this guys? I don't have a lot of experience with kits so I don't know what the rarest and/or best quality kits are. How much is a completed Arsenal AKM worth?

There haven't been Russian kits on the open market like that for about 6 years or so, so it's hard to tell. It's priced very competitively to other barrelles kits on the market right now, except for the Centerfire's Romy-Gs.

Arsenal AKMs aren't sold as kits, they are sold as completed rifles for ~$700 right now.

valleyrat
08-11-2010, 9:11 PM
There haven't been Russian kits on the open market like that for about 6 years or so, so it's hard to tell. It's priced very competitively to other barrelles kits on the market right now, except for the Centerfire's Romy-Gs.

Incorrect. There have been Russian AKM kits on GB (recent imports, not PLO kits), and there are currently Russian Izzy AK74 and AKSU kits available through Rguns.

Chatterbox
08-11-2010, 9:14 PM
Incorrect. There have been Russian AKM kits on GB (recent imports, not PLO kits), and there are currently Russian Izzy AK74 and AKSU kits available through Rguns.

I know, I have some sitting in my storage room, including a Tula AKM kit I paid $700 for :eek:. I was talking of the last time they were widely available prior to this time.

valleyrat
08-11-2010, 9:18 PM
I know, I have some sitting in my storage room, including a Tula AKM kit I paid $700 for :eek:. I was talking of the last time they were widely available prior to this time.

Ahh, OK. Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger on 3 of those kits for $700 each. Some of those looked very nice though.

Crawfish141
08-11-2010, 11:23 PM
and just when I sprung for an Arsenal AK :(

ENTHUSIAST
08-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Hmm..

golden
08-12-2010, 12:00 AM
I sound like a complete newbie (probably because I completely am, just starting to get into building) but is this a good investment?

nick
08-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Hmm..

You know you want it.

nick
08-12-2010, 12:03 AM
I sound like a complete newbie (probably because I completely am, just starting to get into building) but is this a good investment?

It depends. If the stupid 90's treaty with Russia is nullified, or some other regular way of bringing in these kits is found, then no. If they remain scarce and not much new supply reaches our shores, these will probably go up in price at some point. However, if you want an investment, look for a COLLECTIBLE firearm, the one that isn't made anymore.

Atlantic Firearms
08-12-2010, 2:18 AM
The last Tula kits were offered by a company called Comm Bloc about a year or so back and they were retailing for around $600 -$700 ish range. Not sure if they sold many at that price .

bigthaiboy
08-12-2010, 2:40 AM
Quote from Atlantic Arms: We just stumbled across a incredibly rare find !!! AK47 Parts kit , 762 x 39 , these were made in the Russian Tula Arsenal and then transferred to Bulgaria where they sat in storage for several years and would be considered imported from Bulgaria .

A friend of mine has visited the site of where there are 30,000 Russian AKs locked up in containers sitting in a warehouse in the East of England. After 5(?) years, the export paperwork will say they are shipped from the UK, and not the country of origin. It's an old trick to get round countries with treaties. i'm just hoping these rifles end up as parts kits to the US.

nick
08-12-2010, 8:36 AM
Quote from Atlantic Arms:

A friend of mine has visited the site of where there are 30,000 Russian AKs locked up in containers sitting in a warehouse in the East of England. After 5(?) years, the export paperwork will say they are shipped from the UK, and not the country of origin. It's an old trick to get round countries with treaties. i'm just hoping these rifles end up as parts kits to the US.

How many years are left to go? :)

69Mach1
08-12-2010, 8:39 AM

What he said. :D

AngryPossum
08-12-2010, 8:46 AM
So is everyone buying these $285 kits up? I still haven't decided yet...waiting for some of the well known AK builders on the sight to give there opinion.

nick
08-12-2010, 8:57 AM
waiting for some of the well known AK builders on the sight to give there opinion.

Pity none chimed in yet :p

thedrickel
08-12-2010, 8:58 AM
I just can't get excited about kits w/o barrels . . .

AngryPossum
08-12-2010, 9:09 AM
Pity none chimed in yet :p

didn't mean it like that dude...just wondering who else is buying (other than you nick...lol)

4thSBCT
08-12-2010, 9:27 AM
so theres no compensation for not recieving the magazine? CA people just have to pay the same amount and get less?

Yes we are not discounting the kits because the mag has to be taken out due to CA restrictions .We list this in the item description . There is no ploy to get rich off of the used mag .

Kind of a play on words if your not whilling to discount the 10 or 15 bucks for people who can't get the mag. I have never purchased a kit from a company that wasn't whilling to make up for the lost magazine in some way....

First and last product I will ever purchase from Atlantic...

nick
08-12-2010, 9:28 AM
That's a reasonable price. I may do it. Wonder if there are RPK's in the pipeline

I so need to stay off of this section......man, I want one! But I just bought a AMD kit with original barrel,.....decisions, decisions....:chris:
If the price was a little lower, I'd be on it already, but 300 with shipping etc. and no "magazine kit" is a bummer. Especially with the Romy's without the barrel going for 90 bucks....200 would have been great for these....

And I would consider this one, too:

not guarateed to match

ouch !

motorhead
08-12-2010, 9:39 AM
you're truly evil for posting this! i though i had enough kits...

atlantic, i'm curious. you're a member here and as i recall, were one of the first to offer ca compliant aks. whats the problem with mag disassembly?

thedrickel
08-12-2010, 10:14 AM

atlantic, i'm curious. you're a member here and as i recall, were one of the first to offer ca compliant aks. whats the problem with mag disassembly?

LULZ bro. They were a very late bandwagon jumper. For years they did nothing but scoff and talk **** to us.

SJgunguy24
08-12-2010, 10:55 AM

Your kidding right?

LULZ bro. They were a very late bandwagon jumper. For years they did nothing but scoff and talk **** to us.

Yup yup, 2 yeas ago I called Atlantic to inquire about buying a couple of Saiga's. I was told to move and they hung up on me.

Chatterbox
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Big tent, folks, big tent.

Atlantic Firearms
08-13-2010, 4:27 AM
Our lawyer advised us that he felt comfortable with us sending rebuild kits with firearms sales to CA FFL dealers but he advised against sending the rebuild kits directly to a customers house . If the said customer built them into a working hi cap mag and then went out and shot up a school were would be held responsible.

munkeeboi
08-13-2010, 6:29 AM
Was it the same lawyer that ok'd rifle parts kits to CA?

What if said customer builds an ak out of one of your ak parts kits and uses it in a crime? what if a person buys a CA Configured rifle from you and removes the mag lock and mag block? Using the same reasoning as they have for magazine rebuild kits, your lawyer would say it's your fault?

The blame goes to the builder/assembler. Parts are just that, PARTS. Sending rifle kits and not mag kits to us a poor decision and one that doesn't make much sense given the above scenarios

I think more can go wrong with building a rifle kit, than a mag kit and the blame would still be on the builder and not the seller. buyer can build an AW, non 922r compliant, sbr from an amd kit, FA using oftentimes included original FA FCG. All things are ultimately controlled by the builder, so long as it's noted that what the seller sold was just PARTS.

motorhead
08-13-2010, 7:35 AM
an honest answer, i respect that. your lawyer should really talk to CGF. rather than trying to interpret our laws from somewhere else it's best to talk to real ca firearm lawyers. mc donald will be bringing change.

motorhead
08-13-2010, 7:37 AM

i was trying to be nice. i'll admit i'm not very good at it. don't get much practice.:43:

AngryPossum
08-13-2010, 7:51 AM
Our lawyer advised us that he felt comfortable with us sending rebuild kits with firearms sales to CA FFL dealers but he advised against sending the rebuild kits directly to a customers house . If the said customer built them into a working hi cap mag and then went out and shot up a school were would be held responsible.

If we can't get the mag or a mag rebuild kit then CA customers should be compensated in some other way, like a discount worth the total $ of the mag. Why should we have to pay full price on an advertised product when it is incomplete and missing components which are advertised in the kit? Your answer on this is what will determine whether or not I support your business and purchase products from you in the future. If your not CA friendly then I want nothing to do with you.What say you Atlantic Firearms?

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 7:56 AM
sounds like munkee just did a better job at interpreting the law and the meaning of liability than your lawyer did.......lol

TURBOELKY
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Was it the same lawyer that ok'd rifle parts kits to CA?

What if said customer builds an ak out of one of your ak parts kits and uses it in a crime? what if a person buys a CA Configured rifle from you and removes the mag lock and mag block? Using the same reasoning as they have for magazine rebuild kits, your lawyer would say it's your fault?

The blame goes to the builder/assembler. Parts are just that, PARTS. Sending rifle kits and not mag kits to us a poor decision and one that doesn't make much sense given the above scenarios

I think more can go wrong with building a rifle kit, than a mag kit and the blame would still be on the builder and not the seller. buyer can build an AW, non 922r compliant, sbr from an amd kit, FA using oftentimes included original FA FCG. All things are ultimately controlled by the builder, so long as it's noted that what the seller sold was just PARTS.

Amen.

timdps
08-13-2010, 10:26 AM

That's interesting. My FFL has no problems with any kind off OLL I want to transfer, but does not want to see any mag rebuild kits. I suppose that the liability for the above scenario would transfer to the FFL when the mag kit gets sold by the FFL?

Tim

PS ordered one of the Tula kits yesterday...

golden
08-13-2010, 11:28 AM
Says they are sold out for awhile. (already? haha) Maybe the next batch can have some other goodie inside instead of a mag we can't have. ;)
Naw I'm kidding Atlantic, but it would be nice!

Chatterbox
08-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Cope's has them - and will ship the mag as a rebuild kit for an extra $1.

AngryPossum
08-13-2010, 12:32 PM

uhhh Chatterbox you wanna help me out I'm not seeing them on copes website. can you post a link please.

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I think when my kit comes I will return it for a complete refund (as stated on their website) and get the one from copes...

munkeeboi
08-13-2010, 12:37 PM
don't see it on copes either. Maybe chatterbox was just referring to magazine kits

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
no copes has them If you can't find it on the site just call and ask...I know 100% they have them. they listed their price as 299...

nick
08-13-2010, 1:14 PM

Do you have the link? I don't see it on their site.

bigthaiboy
08-13-2010, 1:24 PM

What he said. :D

TBH, I don't know. My friend was at the warehouse last year, and was told in confidence what were inside the containers. I'll ask him next I speak with him.

Chatterbox
08-13-2010, 1:41 PM
I don't think they posted them yet. Just call in, Misty will hook you up. :)

I actually ordered yesterday, when they were thinking the kits will be sold without accessories (sling, cleaning kit, mag) so when I found out they're including them I had to rush a call in the morning to make sure they disassemble the mag and put it in the package.

AngryPossum
08-13-2010, 1:54 PM
Are they offering "Matching Kit's" or are they doing the Atlantic thing and saying they can't guarantee matching?

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 1:59 PM
Are they offering "Matching Kit's" or are they doing the Atlantic thing and saying they can't guarantee matching?

copes said matching on bolt and carrier but not trunnion so sounds like the same deal as atlantic

Chatterbox
08-13-2010, 2:05 PM
TBH, I don't know. My friend was at the warehouse last year, and was told in confidence what were inside the containers. I'll ask him next I speak with him.

It would be very, very interesting to find out.

nick
08-13-2010, 2:25 PM
I don't think they posted them yet. Just call in, Misty will hook you up. :)

I actually ordered yesterday, when they were thinking the kits will be sold without accessories (sling, cleaning kit, mag) so when I found out they're including them I had to rush a call in the morning to make sure they disassemble the mag and put it in the package.

Sent them an email asking if they're selling the rebuild kits separately.

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 2:47 PM
Sent them an email asking if they're selling the rebuild kits separately.

copes sells rebuild kits seperate all day long.. thats how I first learned of them...they will also dismantle any mag they carry into a rebuild kit.

Chatterbox
08-13-2010, 2:53 PM
copes sells rebuild kits seperate all day long.. thats how I first learned of them...they will also dismantle any mag they carry into a rebuild kit.

Yup, but I'm guessing they are getting one mag per kit, and they're including that with the kits. That doesn't leave them with extra mags to sell off. Could be wrong though.

nick
08-13-2010, 2:55 PM

I meant the Russian rebuild kits.

nick
08-13-2010, 2:55 PM
Yup, but I'm guessing they are getting one mag per kit, and they're including that with the kits. That doesn't leave them with extra mags to sell off. Could be wrong though.

Precisely, that's why I asked.

TURBOELKY
08-13-2010, 3:48 PM
I meant the Russian rebuild kits.

I've never seen Russian kits on there, but I do wish I had my 74 when they were selling the "bulgy" 74 mags for 9 bucks a piece!!! I really love Copes....really:D

Chatterbox
08-13-2010, 4:06 PM
I've never seen Russian kits on there, but I do wish I had my 74 when they were selling the "bulgy" 74 mags for 9 bucks a piece!!! I really love Copes....really:D

They have several on the site right now, but they are pricey - Tula and Izhevsk Bakelites, $75 & $60 respectively.

TURBOELKY
08-13-2010, 4:14 PM
They have several on the site right now, but they are pricey - Tula and Izhevsk Bakelites, $75 & $60 respectively.

yeah, I'll wait for el cheapo's to show up again....I have enough for now:D

AngryPossum
08-13-2010, 8:17 PM
Has anyone bought these from copes yet? I haven't received a response yet from them.

Roccobro
08-13-2010, 8:58 PM
Someone should change the title. Since AF bowed out of this thread with questions unanswered...

and Cope's is always been CA friendly.

Justin

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 9:00 PM
Someone should change the title. Since AF bowed out of this thread with questions unanswered...

and Cope's is always been CA friendly.

Justin

great idea...I just need to come up with something catchy

Roccobro
08-13-2010, 9:04 PM
Cope's Dist. Tula Kits $299.00....Atlantic, steaming load of horse $#!T.

I LIKE IT!!!!!

Justin

4thSBCT
08-13-2010, 9:44 PM
going to take it down a notch and focus more on copes dist kits...wish I had known they had tulas too before ordering from Atlantic.....I'll post up some pics when it comes..but theese sound like the exact same kit

nick
08-13-2010, 10:28 PM
going to take it down a notch and focus more on copes dist kits...wish I had known they had tulas too before ordering from Atlantic.....I'll post up some pics when it comes..but theese sound like the exact same kit

I'm in the same boat. Would be nice to have a Russian rebuild kit to go with the rifle, and I don't appreciate intentional ignorance.

It's my second purchase from Atlantic Firearms. The first experience was very good. This one isn't so. I'll give them one more chance though.

ETA: Actually, come to think of it, it was my third purchase from them, maybe fourth, and the first few were good. Alright, I guess I'll overlook this little matter :)

munkeeboi
08-13-2010, 10:58 PM
from Akforum...someone actually said they looked more like chinese mags than russian mags. I think is just the assumption since it was coming with a tula rifle kit. We'll find out when Copes starts shipping these out

straykiller
08-14-2010, 1:31 AM
dam hopfully copes holds on to these for a bit so i can save up some money. would love to get one

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 10:52 AM
a very strange development as of late.....I went to check my bank account this morning and notice more money than usual.....about 300 more.....Reveiwing the transaction history I noticed the charge from Atlantic has been removed and I'm guessing the money was refunded back into my account.. LOL I ordered on the 11th and got receipts and confirmations and confirmed that the charges were made to my account...I wonder what happened LOL Did they decide not to sell to people in CA or maybe just me for beating the drum to loud. I called in and talked to someone and he said they have not reversed any charges.

AngryPossum
08-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Sometimes when I make purchases the transaction will initially show online when I check my account....then it disappears completely for a couple days (the balance returns to what it was before purchase) then shows up again once it is no longer pending.

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Sometimes when I make purchases the transaction will initially show online when I check my account....then it disappears completely for a couple days (the balance returns to what it was before purchase) then shows up again once it is no longer pending.

how long does it take to reappear? I've never had that happen before....

AngryPossum
08-14-2010, 11:15 AM
how long does it take to reappear? I've never had that happen before....

Normally not longer than a couple days. Different transactions take longer. My netflix bill gets taken out of my account every month around the 18th. The bill will show up and the balance gets hit, then within the next couple days while the transaction is still pending it disappears and shows the balance back to normal. It shows up again normally by the 20-21st. On bigger purchases it pisses me off sometimes because I'll think I have more then I do in the account. I over drafted and got charged that damn $30 overdraft fee a couple times before I learned to pay more attention. Another reason I hate Wells Fargo. Hopefully this is all your experiencing, but it would be funny to find out Atlantic threw in the towl for CA, or Canned your *****..lol.

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 11:25 AM
would be nice if they gave up on me and ended up sending the kit anyway and refunding my money

Chatterbox
08-14-2010, 12:07 PM
would be nice if they gave up on me and ended up sending the kit anyway and refunding my money

But then you'd have to send the kit back, so what's the point?

Atlantic Firearms
08-14-2010, 1:21 PM
We have NOT cancelled any orders for kits or reversed any charges , we have not thrown in the towell on CA sales , we are not sure why the customer is seeing this on his card but we have been paid and the order is in GOOD standing .

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 1:33 PM
We have NOT cancelled any orders for kits or reversed any charges , we have not thrown in the towell on CA sales , we are not sure why the customer is seeing this on his card but we have been paid and the order is in GOOD standing .

I think everyone has been waiting to hear about your final position on the a magazine rebuild kit or small discount for not getting it.....

Atlantic Firearms
08-14-2010, 1:44 PM
Not sure what you are reffering to as our final decision ? We are offering the kits for $285.00 and can not ship mags to restricted states, Copes offers them for $299 and no mag . We are a CAL GUNS paying site sponsor and try to support the site & California customers as much as possible .

nick
08-14-2010, 1:57 PM
Cope's sells them without a mag?

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 2:02 PM
Not sure what you are reffering to as our final decision ? We are offering the kits for $285.00 and can not ship mags to restricted states, Copes offers them for $299 and no mag . We are a CAL GUNS paying site sponsor and try to support the site & California customers as much as possible .

Wrong, they do include the same items here is a qoute from Misty at copes from theakforum....and they send the mag as a rebuild kit to california.

"The picture does not show the sling, cleaning kit, mag or oil bottle... but we will be shipping them along with the kits..."

...and a link to the thread the qoute was taken http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=136741&start=25

doc1buc
08-14-2010, 2:03 PM
So is 399.99 a good price for a barrelled kit? How much does a Recevier flat run?

nick
08-14-2010, 2:08 PM
So is 399.99 a good price for a barrelled kit? How much does a Recevier flat run?

$25.

doc1buc
08-14-2010, 2:09 PM
$25.
399.99 a good price for a barrelled kit?

nick
08-14-2010, 2:21 PM
399.99 a good price for a barrelled kit?

Depends on the kit and what you're looking for, so there's no 100% correct answer to that question.

For me, it was worth it, as I was looking for a Russian kit that wasn't ridiculously expensive. if you just want an AK-47, you might be better off buying a Romy G kit with the original barrel for $300 or less, or the Romy G kit Centerfire Systems sells for $99 (without the barrel), a barrel for $80-90, and then either spend another $100 or so to have it professionally fitted, or, if you know how and your mechanical skills are ok, do it yourself and save that $100.

doc1buc
08-14-2010, 2:25 PM
Thanks,

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 2:48 PM
This is getting nuts.

Where has all the maturity gone? Why does it has to be so in your face? This is bordering on "Now we are against you" tactics.

This is the second vendor I have seen that has been put in this situation in a few weeks. First one was Mario/ PoH Firearms.

Guys - Its the vendors decision, let it rest there. They have direct consequences for holding policies and let them find out.

If you choose to shop at Copes, just do it. No need to pull someone down, it shows no class.

[Note to self: if ever I am a vendor, never engage in dialog or respond to open queries]

This sets BAD precedent for people who actually reach out.

We all still shop at K-Var, they (krink kits, Thompson kits etc, from kVar/Sportsman guide and the likes) SxxT in our face with high prices and do not ship squat to CA but most still suck up to them. Vendors who do not have half as bad policies get crucified just because they lend you an ear.

Please do not drive people away. Mags are a few bucks i.e. their price is higher. Thats all. Let them figure it out why other vendor gets sold out over night and the get to sit on their stock. let them find out that going an extra step ios what creates loyal customers who will pay $10 more just to shop there (like we all do for Copes).

Atlantic - You are too kind to put up with this. Thank you for being a site supporter and a CA vendor. You carry great product and super prices. Please consider the magazine issue, you know what is legal and what is not.

Did you miss the post on how SJgunguy24 was treated? I don't have a problem calling out a business with this type of holier than thou attitude... KVAR may have high prices or bad policies but I'm pretty sure they have never hung up on a customer before or made some smart *** comment like. "theres no ploy to get rich off used mags" I said I would like to remove atlantic from the discussion if that was even possible and focus on COPE's kits and what they are offering...

Roccobro
08-14-2010, 3:19 PM
I did miss it. I will read it now.

I know SJgunguy to be a honorable person and believe him. However customer service is not being mentioned here again and again, it is their policy for not including the mag.

And the company came in to answer questions and then never did.

Shame on them for opening the Pandora's box? Maybe. Shame on current and potential customers asking questions "in your face style" in a forum? Maybe. Are either out of line on a FORUM? Absolutely not.

Atlantic wouldn't be selling to CA if it wasn't for making money. Here is an opportunity for them to solidify their customer base or lose some.

Copes hasn't even jumped in and they are smelling like a rose because they meet CG'ers rational expectations concerning something as simple as magazine kits.

If it isn't profitable for Atlantic to sell to CA, maybe we should move. :rolleyes:

Justin

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 3:19 PM
I did miss it. I will read it now.

I know SJgunguy to be a honorable person and believe him. However customer service is not being mentioned here again and again, it is their policy for not including the mag.

I think a small portion of this thread is about the mag, I think the majority of it is about honoring customers and a direct comparison against a similiar company that provides the same product. Ill admit I was starting to cross the line with a few comments. It was easy to get carried away when I see the customer treated like trash just because they live in CA and I think these issue are the life blood of calguns.

hawk81
08-14-2010, 4:46 PM
Why wouldn't copes dissasemble the mag for you? I order mag rebuild kits from them all of the time. They charge $1 for this. You should have told them this.

nick
08-14-2010, 5:18 PM
Why wouldn't copes dissasemble the mag for you? I order mag rebuild kits from them all of the time. They charge $1 for this. You should have told them this.

Cope's does it, the comment you're quoting was about Atlantic Firearms.

valleyrat
08-14-2010, 6:33 PM

+1000....unless they are EG Weiger kits.

Chatterbox
08-14-2010, 8:53 PM
Did you miss the post on how SJgunguy24 was treated? I don't have a problem calling out a business with this type of holier than thou attitude... KVAR may have high prices or bad policies but I'm pretty sure they have never hung up on a customer before or made some smart *** comment like. "theres no ploy to get rich off used mags" I said I would like to remove atlantic from the discussion if that was even possible and focus on COPE's kits and what they are offering...

One thing to note - that was two years ago. Maybe it's time to move on, or is this an eternal jihad to the death?

Roccobro
08-14-2010, 8:55 PM
Maybe he's working for his 70 Virginians.

Justin

4thSBCT
08-14-2010, 9:03 PM
One thing to note - that was two years ago. Maybe it's time to move on, or is this an eternal jihad to the death?

you sound like my wife talking about my love for building AK's

Atlantic Firearms
08-15-2010, 2:51 PM
4SBCT , please email our office direct with your contact info we will discuss the mag issue with the office on Monday and give you a call , I am sure we can work something out. We are very familiar with Cope's and know the owner and some of the Girls over there they are a great company to work with .

sales@atlanticfirearms.com

munkeeboi
08-15-2010, 4:27 PM
I am sure the others from CA would like to hear the resolution once it has been decided. I know he's probably not the only one who ordered a kit

4thSBCT
08-15-2010, 7:49 PM
Atlantic Arms,

Thank you for taking into consideration the special laws and regulations that California customers have been subjected to. Any effort to accomodate the customers bound by these laws is greatly appreciated and reflects well upon your business. If shipping a magazine parts kit is out of the question, then it would seem appropriate to discount the cost of the magazine from the price of the parts kit. Correspondence with customers from any state should be professional and polite. Making jokes or having special circumstances rubbed in the customers face is not becoming of business that claims to be a supporter of Calguns. I, and many others are eager to hear your decision in this matter.

Thank you,

Trevor Moore (4thSBCT)
Left contact info

nick
08-15-2010, 8:19 PM
4SBCT , please email our office direct with your contact info we will discuss the mag issue with the office on Monday and give you a call , I am sure we can work something out. We are very familiar with Cope's and know the owner and some of the Girls over there they are a great company to work with .

Can something be worked out with me, as well? I'm sure there're others in the same situation, too.

AngryPossum
08-15-2010, 8:29 PM
Nick can you post pics and details on your kit when you get it please? I hesitated and missed out on the first run from Atlantic and I'm still on the fence...If I can't have an original barrel I'd like all matching.

nick
08-15-2010, 8:49 PM
Nick can you post pics and details on your kit when you get it please? I hesitated and missed out on the first run from Atlantic and I'm still on the fence...If I can't have an original barrel I'd like all matching.

Sure.

Atlantic Firearms
08-16-2010, 2:44 AM
Nick, please feel free to email us your contact info and we will be more than glad to contact you to discuss.

nick
08-16-2010, 9:11 AM
Emailed.

munkeeboi
08-16-2010, 5:14 PM
nick/4thscbt, have you guys heard back from Atlantic?

nick
08-16-2010, 5:32 PM
I had a pretty good conversation with Blaine. He once again explained that he can't ship mag kits to CA based on his lawyer's recommendation. According to his lawyer, even though this is legal, there may be liability issues, given how much people love to sue anything gun-related these days. As such, the lawyer recommended the wait and see position, so they might start shipping mag kits to CA later, when the companies that ship them to CA now will not have run into major issues for some time. I can understand that, I don't do some things in my business which, while perfectly legal, can open me to liability. While I'm likely to win the civil lawsuit, I'll still be out of money.

He subtracted $10 from the order for the mag, and gave me free shipping. At this point, I'm ok with the way he handled this, the matter is resolved to my satisfaction, and he'll see return business from me, especially given that my previous experience with his company was good, as well.

Out of curiosity, I asked Blaine if the mags were actually Russian. According to him, they don't have markings on them that would make it possible to identify them, but they look like the Bulgarian mags they've had before, not the Russian mags. So, not much loss there as far as I'm concerned. I wanted Russian mags, I have 10/30 Bulgarian mags as it is.

4thSBCT
08-16-2010, 7:31 PM
Blaine left me a voicemail, I have been busy and away from my phone I will call him tom morning

Roccobro
08-16-2010, 7:41 PM
Blaine left me a voicemail, I have been busy and away from my phone I will call him tom morning

Don't call him Tom until you see the credit on your account....

Justin

4thSBCT
08-16-2010, 7:48 PM
I might not call him at all until I see the kit becuase just I saw people on AK forum recieved their kits with all kinds of variations... Wood grips, tula grips, AKSU grips, Over sized journals on the barrel trunnion, Normal sized journals, Izzy furniture, missing parts. If my kit has an oversized journal I will sending it back

Roccobro
08-16-2010, 8:02 PM
If your not happy with it, then you can call him whatever you want. Just call him by his real name until you get the charge reversed. [I'll call him "tom."]

Oh, never mind! :D

Justin

P.S. I've read these Rooskie front trunion/barrel journals are larger than Romy and other "lower tier" AK's.

AngryPossum
08-16-2010, 8:04 PM
Hey nick did he mention whether or not the $10 off and free shipping will be available to all CA buyers? If he is willing to do that for you and maybe 4thSBCT then shouldn't the same deal be offered to us all. I think that's the real deal breaker here.

4thSBCT
08-16-2010, 8:16 PM
If your not happy with it, then you can call him whatever you want. Just call him by his real name until you get the charge reversed. [I'll call him "tom."]

Oh, never mind! :D

Justin

P.S. I've read these Rooskie front trunion/barrel journals are larger than Romy and other "lower tier" AK's.

Yes I've heard that too but the reports so far are that atleast one trunnion had a slip fit over his russian barrel and that the trunnion from his 2nd kit fit fine and was a normal fit and both were tula

Roccobro
08-16-2010, 8:28 PM
Yes I've heard that too but the reports so far are that atleast one trunnion had a slip fit over his russian barrel and that the trunnion from his 2nd kit fit fine and was a normal fit and both were tula

Ouch.

Justin

4thSBCT
08-16-2010, 8:35 PM
Ouch.

Justin

One kit was also missing muzzle nut and cleaning rod and both kits were missing barrel pin and selector stop plate

nick
08-16-2010, 9:54 PM

Damn Russians can't be trusted :)

nick
08-16-2010, 9:55 PM
Hey nick did he mention whether or not the $10 off and free shipping will be available to all CA buyers? If he is willing to do that for you and maybe 4thSBCT then shouldn't the same deal be offered to us all. I think that's the real deal breaker here.

No, he didn't mention that one way or another. I relayed pretty much the entire conversation. You can always contact him and ask.

Atlantic Firearms
08-17-2010, 2:33 AM
4thsct , if there is a issue with the kit you are welcome to send it back for a full refund . For the guy with the chargeback comment you are jumping the gun a bit , if you have a issue with a item it is best to just call the vendor first .

JeffM
08-17-2010, 3:14 AM
4thsct , if there is a issue with the kit you are welcome to send it back for a full refund . For the guy with the chargeback comment you are jumping the gun a bit , if you have a issue with a item it is best to just call the vendor first .

Now this sounds like the Atlantic that hung up on me two years ago as soon as I said "California"

GFYS.

Atlantic Firearms
08-17-2010, 5:56 AM
FYI , If any customers are missing any parts or have a bad part please email our office we will be glad to send out a replacment for you .

AngryPossum
08-17-2010, 5:58 AM
FYI , If any customers are missing any parts or have a bad part please email our office we will be glad to send out a replacment for you .

Will you guys be offering a $10 discount and free shipping to all CA residents who can't receive a magazine with there kit?

Atlantic Firearms
08-17-2010, 6:00 AM
Here is a link for one of our recent customers that bought a few kits .

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=137117&sid=bae3d2e6bcba4f203f16a863b9584240

Atlantic Firearms
08-17-2010, 6:01 AM
Angry P , please email or call us directly to discuss we will be working with you on the mag/kits .

Barabas
08-17-2010, 7:11 AM
Would it be safe to say, Atlantic, that any California customer who asks will get the unadvertised mag discount?

AngryPossum
08-17-2010, 7:33 AM
Angry P , please email or call us directly to discuss we will be working with you on the mag/kits .

I respect the fact that you wish to take this issue private, but I think this is a question which effects all of your California customers and the answer is something they all should know. This is an open forum and I'm glad that a business such as yours is a member of our community. I will not be e-mailing or calling you. Everyone here should be able to know your answer or how you choose to resolve this issue if they want to. Thank you

motorhead
08-17-2010, 8:28 AM
since these are coming from storage in BULGARIA it's kind of wishful thinking to expect russian mags,
BTW, izzy and tula baklite kits can be had on the 'files at reasonable prices. i scored an izzy for $50/shipped that had never been inserted.
hopefully, soon, the prejudice against shipping mag kits will go the way of the folding stocks. (which some still insist are illegal here)

motorhead
08-17-2010, 8:30 AM
there has been talk of tulas having larger than standard trunnions. any input? std. 19mm?

4thSBCT
08-17-2010, 10:50 AM
I spoke with Blaine today, he discounted the price of the magazine from my purchase. He also assured me that Atlantic would continue to work with california customers. He also told me that any future kits sold with magazines will have the price of the magazine discounted from the kit when the customer calls in advance...I'm glad Atlantic is doing what they can to accomodate california customers. I will continue to purchase from them as long as they honor this commitment.

SJgunguy24
08-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I spoke with Blaine today, he discounted the price of the magazine from my purchase. He also assured me that Atlantic would continue to work with california customers. He also told me that any future kits sold with magazines will have the price of the magazine discounted from the kit when the customer calls in advance...I'm glad Atlantic is doing what they can accomodate california customers. I will continue to purchase from them as long as they honor this commitment.

California customers shouldn't need to call to be treated fairly.

Chatterbox
08-17-2010, 10:56 AM
there has been talk of tulas having larger than standard trunnions. any input? std. 19mm?

I think it's a matter of normal variance within standard. As tooling wears out, the diameters increase. IIRC, the trunnions should be stamped with a number (from 1-5?) reflecting the relative size of the trunnion diameter.

4thSBCT
08-17-2010, 11:05 AM
California customers shouldn't need to call to be treated fairly.

I agree, but this is a start in the right direction. Hopefully later this will become common place with Atlantic.

nick
08-17-2010, 11:19 AM
I think it's a matter of normal variance within standard. As tooling wears out, the diameters increase. IIRC, the trunnions should be stamped with a number (from 1-5?) reflecting the relative size of the trunnion diameter.

I thought only Egyptians did it? I didn't know Russians had it as messed up as Egyptians did, but it kind of makes sense, if you consider where Egyptians got their factory from.

nick
08-17-2010, 11:23 AM
since these are coming from storage in BULGARIA it's kind of wishful thinking to expect russian mags,
BTW, izzy and tula baklite kits can be had on the 'files at reasonable prices. i scored an izzy for $50/shipped that had never been inserted.
hopefully, soon, the prejudice against shipping mag kits will go the way of the folding stocks. (which some still insist are illegal here)

Here're some for $45:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=300491

Atlantic Firearms
08-18-2010, 3:45 AM
SJgun , we only aksed that the customers call so we could discuss the situation and iron out details rather than excahnge QUIPPY comments via the internet.We thought this would be a bit more personal and we could also listen to the customers side and pass this along to our office . We are not trying to opress CA customers and there are 2 sides to every story & we apprecaite you input .

Spiggy
08-18-2010, 7:18 AM
^ sometimes it's not easy having to monitor someone else' forum. It's all a part of doing business, the internet's made sales a cold dead process. Phoning up your vendor isn't going to kill you, and hell they're probably bored and want someone to talk to. :D

munkeeboi
08-18-2010, 1:50 PM
I think the call/email to Atlantic is well worth it. It's not an attempt to make a complaint harder, it's truly an attempt to keep things personal and off the internet where things tend to get misconstrued. It's actually harder on Blaine. Our conversation alone was 15 minutes, and I actually had to end the call since I was at work.

Blaine was very professional and explained his reasoning and when put in his shoes I understand the viewpoint. It takes little things like this personal call that makes me a supporter of AF. They can't do everything we want them to, but they try to support the people in CA as much as they can. You can never please everyone, but so long as they try to support CA buyers in as much capacity as they feel comfortable, we should accept them for that. If you don't agree, no one is forcing you to order from them.

4thSBCT
08-20-2010, 4:01 PM
well...got the kit in today.....no pics yet but should have some soon..
1973 trunnion, all parts are matching except for the trunnion..Everything looks nice and like new. Mixed bag of cast and milled parts, everything seems to be from a different era. Missing barrel pin, and selector stop. I haven't decided whether or not I will return or build this kit.

Atlantic Firearms
08-20-2010, 4:18 PM
The importer is sending our office some of the missing selector stops so if anyone is missing one let us know and we will send one out . There are no barrel pins they were a victim of the de milling process .

nick
08-20-2010, 6:53 PM
Got my kit today, thanks, Blaine :)

So, here's the scoop. Every single number matches but the front trunnion. Moreover, everything but the front trunnion and pistol grip looks brand new, unissued, not a scratch on it. The front trunnion looks used (and is from 1970), the pistol grip has a few minor dings on it, otherwise I'd call it like new. The gas block is a cast one. Also, the wood on the buttstock and gas tube is a nice blond, but it doesn't match the wood on the lower handguard, which is reddish. I don't know if it's common.

Basically, it looks like everything but the front trunnion came from one gun, and the front trunnion came from another gun.

Everything was present but the barrel pin, which I see was already commended on by Atlantic Firearms.

So, if anyone happens to have МБ 9110 front trunnion, I'm looking for it and will gladly buy it from you or swap with you. Heck, I'll add some money to the swap, if needed. The same applies if you have CB 2720 or CБ 2720 everything else (can't read the serial number on the trunnion that well).

P.S.: am I the only one who still can't get used to how small AK buttstocks are? They just look... wrong :)

4thSBCT
08-20-2010, 7:22 PM
Got my kit today, thanks, Blaine :)

So, here's the scoop. Every single number matches but the front trunnion. Moreover, everything but the front trunnion and pistol grip looks brand new, unissued, not a scratch on it. The front trunnion looks used (and is from 1970), the pistol grip has a few minor dings on it, otherwise I'd call it like new. The gas block is a cast one. Also, the wood on the buttstock and gas tube is a nice blond, but it doesn't match the wood on the lower handguard, which is reddish. I don't know if it's common.

Basically, it looks like everything but the front trunnion came from one gun, and the front trunnion came from another gun.

Everything was present but the barrel pin, which I see was already commended on by Atlantic Firearms.

So, if anyone happens to have МБ 9110 front trunnion, I'm looking for it and will gladly buy it from you or swap with you. Heck, I'll add some money to the swap, if needed. The same applies if you have CB 2720 or CБ 2720 everything else (can't read the serial number on the trunnion that well).

P.S.: am I the only one who still can't get used to how small AK buttstocks are? They just look... wrong :)

nick yours came with a selector stop? and I bet your selector lever doesnt match ;) anyway they are very nice kits for the price. What serial trunnion do you have?

bigbob76
08-20-2010, 7:38 PM

Ditto...

nick
08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
nick yours came with a selector stop? and I bet your selector lever doesnt match ;) anyway they are very nice kits for the price. What serial trunnion do you have?

Yep, it came with a selector stop, and yep, it doesn't match. I didn't even bother looking for a serial number on it.

My front trunnion number is CB 2720 or CБ 2720 (it's pretty hard to read the second character).