PDA

View Full Version : Which state is the most gun friendly with the least ammount of gun laws?

dfxjedi
08-07-2010, 4:06 PM
Which state would you say is the most gun friendly with the least amount of gun laws?

gotime
08-07-2010, 4:09 PM
New Hampshire?

audiophil2
08-07-2010, 4:21 PM
According to the Brady Campaign it would be Utah though I have the belief that AZ is more gun friendly.

Malthusian
08-07-2010, 4:27 PM
Vermont, Alaska, Arizona

Call_me_Tom
08-07-2010, 4:38 PM
I'm guessing Arizona.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
08-07-2010, 4:45 PM
Let's not forget Nevada. Just guessing.

Big Jake
08-07-2010, 4:50 PM
Alaska!

yakmon
08-07-2010, 4:51 PM
Nevada dosnt have 2aCCW

HUTCH 7.62
08-07-2010, 4:53 PM
I would say Arizona but it it has the most amount of illegal aliens

IrishPirate
08-07-2010, 4:54 PM
The Brady Bunch put the states in order of best (for them) to worst (for them), with California in first (worst for us) and ________ in last (best for us). I wish i could remember what thread that list was on......

Twinsen
08-07-2010, 4:56 PM
Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee? TN is shall issue NFA, and I believe Montana and Wyoming are NFA immune for SBS, SBR, AOW, DD, and Silencer.

The things that really matter like this the Brady bunch doesn't even want to acknowledge.

THT
08-07-2010, 4:59 PM
...I believe Montana and Wyoming are NFA immune for SBS, SBR, AOW, DD, and Silencer.

As is Missouri. So far, MO is the only state to buck both NFA and Obamacare :D

thebriarman
08-07-2010, 5:02 PM
I've got a buddy from Georgia and he was shocked when he had to move out here. Back there, they can pretty much buy what they want and walk out with it. Pay the man, get a bill of sale or receipt, and you're done.

ghost
08-07-2010, 5:10 PM
i remember seeing report card ratings on gun laws per state,alaska got a "F".

VictorFranko
08-07-2010, 5:17 PM
I would think Alaska.

kapache
08-07-2010, 5:20 PM
California... oh wait I missed read the thread tittle, I though it was what State has the most F--ed gun laws.

tomd1584
08-07-2010, 5:21 PM
Montana, Wyoming, Tennessee? TN is shall issue NFA, and I believe Montana and Wyoming are NFA immune for SBS, SBR, AOW, DD, and Silencer.

The things that really matter like this the Brady bunch doesn't even want to acknowledge.

what do you mean immune? Im not up to par on those states gun laws. Thanks!

POLICESTATE
08-07-2010, 5:22 PM
Don't go by Brady Bunch ratings and then reverse them those people are warped.

Ed_Hazard
08-07-2010, 5:26 PM
I would have to say Vermont and Alaska respectively.

THT
08-07-2010, 5:35 PM
what do you mean immune? Im not up to par on those states gun laws. Thanks!

States passed laws exempting citizens from NFA if the firearm was made in the state and stays within the state. The assumption is that if the firearms never cross state borders, it's not inter-state commerce therefore NFA does not apply. No one has tested this, at least publicly, yet.

mbarnes
08-07-2010, 6:10 PM
I would have to say Vermont and Alaska respectively.

Can't buy silencers in Vermont.

stitchnicklas
08-07-2010, 6:37 PM
missouri has awesome gun laws,they total a quarter of a page....hahahaha

Tim Leese
08-07-2010, 6:56 PM

Arizona has about 450,000 illegal aliens and California has about 7.5 million

Mac Attack
08-07-2010, 7:01 PM
I believe it is Alaska but being a GA resident, I can tell you they have unrestrictive firearm laws. That's why you see a lot of firearm manufacturers who have facilities in (Glock, HK, MPA, Advanced Armorment just to name a few) are located in GA. GA is a shall issue state and allows NFA firearms and accessories. About the only thing they don't allow is explosives which I am okay with.

Tony.
08-07-2010, 7:06 PM

You may want to revise your statement:

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/peo_est_num_of_ill_imm-people-estimated-number-illegal-immigrants

nemisis1400
08-07-2010, 7:37 PM
im pretty sure alaska is the best

HUTCH 7.62
08-07-2010, 8:15 PM

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/peo_est_num_of_ill_imm-people-estimated-number-illegal-immigrants

are these figures pre or post SB 1070:D

Cali-Shooter
08-07-2010, 9:21 PM
According to the Brady Campaign it would be Utah though I have the belief that AZ is more gun friendly.

Utah is so-so for a "free" state. I read on another thread here that Utah's handgun storage laws (in a car) are basically identical to CA.
Alaska would have pretty lenient gun laws, but good luck finding sellers of ammo and firearms willing to ship that far.
Hawaii is only slightly better than CA, and is not really much of a shooter's state anyways, plus they are out in the boonies, a.k.a. many sellers will refuse to ship ammo or firearms over there.
My vote would go to AZ, TX, NV, and NM, in that order. Oregon is fairly nice as well.

NaughtyMonkey
08-07-2010, 9:34 PM
From what I've heard it is Arizona.

CGRangeMonkey
08-07-2010, 9:53 PM
California!...............200 years ago.:red_indian:

bombadillo
08-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Mostly anywhere but here. I'm trying to get a transfer to Idaho.

audiophil2
08-07-2010, 10:25 PM
From what I've heard it is Arizona.

I would agree with you. The only issues I don't like are school and college bans, the strict liquor law in relation to guns, and figuring out which reservations tolerate guns.

hbellew
08-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Which state would you say is the most gun friendly with the least amount of gun laws?

Gun laws across the US are complex and as such there is no simple answer to your question.

The most accurate answer to your exact question is Vermont. Vermont has the fewest gun laws.

Vermont allows loaded open carry and loaded concealed carry without a permit. But Vermont is not perfect. Vermont does not allow Suppressors. Vermont also has no Castle Doctrine and/or Stand Your Ground legislation.

There are other states that while they may have more gun laws they are still very favorable for RKBA.

Looks like there are 3 states with Constitutional Carry (CCW without a permit) Alaska, Vermont, and Arizona.

All 3 have very favorable gun laws. None restrict what firearms you can own or how many or how often you buy them. Of the 3 only Vermont does not allow Suppressors but all other NFA weapons are allowed with the appropriate BAFTE tax stamps of course.

Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and Tennessee has passed laws referred to as "Firearms Freedom Acts". These laws basically state that if a firearm is manufactured in and remains within it's respective state that the National Firearms Act does NOT apply. The argument is that if the firearm does not cross state lines it does not effect interstate commerce and is there fore exempt from the NFA. To my knowledge no one has tested these FFA laws in a court of law, but I am sure it will happen eventually.

In many cases a Shall Issue state is almost as good as a Constitutional Carry state. In as much that most, if not all, Shall Issue states will issue you a CCW permit unless there is a legal reason you cannot have one, such as a felony.

At the end of the day your own research is going to be your best friend. I am certainly not an expert on US gun laws by any stretch of the imagination. I am just a regular guy who asked the same question you did. This is just my understanding of current US gun laws, I could be wrong, don't bet your life and happiness on my words alone.

My personal opinion of most desirable states to live in with RKBA are: (This is based on a large number of factors including economy, culture, climate, etc, not just RKBA)
1. Idaho
2. Utah
3. Arizona
4. Vermont
5. Alaska

Hope this helped.

Here are some of the references I used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_concealed_weapon
http://firearmsfreedomact.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=155130

ronas
08-08-2010, 11:23 AM
South Carolina seems pretty liberal for purchasing guns and the like.

An individual can own suppressors and machine guns as long as they are purchased from a Class III dealer.

Purchasing guns is pretty easy but it's even easier if you have a CWP. In that case paperwork is completed but the FFL does not even call in to check on the buyer. In either case there is no waiting period.

rromeo
08-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Virginia is relatively free as far as purchasing, owning, and carrying. It's a shall issue state, NFA items are readily available, no registration, cash an carry for PPTs, etc.
USING a gun is probably more restrictive than California though. If you shoot somebody breaking into your house, you had better be bleeding, or it will be a long process to not serve time.

Donny1
08-08-2010, 11:37 AM

These numbers seem a little on the low side.

2,209,000 I bet there are that many in the county of LA alone.

Air
08-08-2010, 12:54 PM

I grew up in Kansas City. Miss it sometimes. My dad still lives outside of KC in Raymore, he bought his Mini 14 at Walmart, cash and carry!

Twinsen
08-08-2010, 2:27 PM
States passed laws exempting citizens from NFA if the firearm was made in the state and stays within the state. The assumption is that if the firearms never cross state borders, it's not inter-state commerce therefore NFA does not apply. No one has tested this, at least publicly, yet.

Don't forget the part where they say they will protect their citizens from the federal government and will imprison any federal agent that tries to arrest someone for unregistered NFA possession. If that's not the most pro gun... wow.

You can build cannons in Montana! CANNONS! (modern cannons I mean) I assume you can build black powder cannons in any state, as they're not considered firearms. I mean smokeless powder cannons.

Josh3239
08-08-2010, 4:38 PM
Alaska

Don't need a permit to CCW nor open carry.
New bill allows Alaska residents to make suppressors and SBRs in Alaska without NFA tax stamp.
Transferable machine gun friendly.
No waiting periods.
No registrations.
No assault weapon bans.
No mag locks.
No safe handgun roster.
No magazine limits.

chuckdc
08-08-2010, 7:31 PM
Alaska WILL issue you a ccw for the sake of travel to states with reciprocity, too.

Cyc Wid It
08-08-2010, 7:37 PM
Alaska I think based on some Googling and reading here. Can't say I'd ever want to live there though. I'll stick to a cruise and watching "Deadliest Catch".

Anchors
08-08-2010, 9:24 PM
Arizona, my home. Definitely.
I'm here right now for the week.
I stopped at Scottsdale Gun Club today and it is the nicest store I've ever been to (and second largest indoor range in the country.)
They had several machine gun rentals, MP5/UMP/AR/AK/240/M249/M60/Thompson/etc.
They had an entire case dedicated to suppressors and a whole wall behind it of NFA firearms for sale (Suppressed SBRS, etc.)
I was seriously just wandering around in awe drooling.
I talked to the guy behind the counter about CA and updated him on some of the CA laws and pending lawsuits and directed him to CalGuns :D

It's also noteworthy that Phoenix has the best gun laws of anywhere in the country of it's size.
5th largest city in the U.S. now?

ricknadine1111
08-09-2010, 6:35 AM
California... oh wait I missed read the thread tittle, I though it was what State has the most F--ed gun laws.

LOL

oddjob
08-09-2010, 7:48 AM
A friend of mine has a brother living in Oklahoma. They think the laws there are cool. The guy in OK has more than a few full auto NFA toys. My Hi School chum likes N.M. too.

Interloper
08-09-2010, 7:57 AM
A friend of mine went to college in Fairbanks. He said the University provides on campus firearms lockers....

gravedigger
08-09-2010, 8:09 AM
KENTUCKY!

ozarkpugs@gmail.com
01-27-2018, 10:14 AM
Gun laws across the US are complex and as such there is no simple answer to your question.

The most accurate answer to your exact question is Vermont. Vermont has the fewest gun laws.

Vermont allows loaded open carry and loaded concealed carry without a permit. But Vermont is not perfect. Vermont does not allow Suppressors. Vermont also has no Castle Doctrine and/or Stand Your Ground legislation.

There are other states that while they may have more gun laws they are still very favorable for RKBA.

Looks like there are 3 states with Constitutional Carry (CCW without a permit) Alaska, Vermont, and Arizona.

All 3 have very favorable gun laws. None restrict what firearms you can own or how many or how often you buy them. Of the 3 only Vermont does not allow Suppressors but all other NFA weapons are allowed with the appropriate BAFTE tax stamps of course.

Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and Tennessee has passed laws referred to as "Firearms Freedom Acts". These laws basically state that if a firearm is manufactured in and remains within it's respective state that the National Firearms Act does NOT apply. The argument is that if the firearm does not cross state lines it does not effect interstate commerce and is there fore exempt from the NFA. To my knowledge no one has tested these FFA laws in a court of law, but I am sure it will happen eventually.

In many cases a Shall Issue state is almost as good as a Constitutional Carry state. In as much that most, if not all, Shall Issue states will issue you a CCW permit unless there is a legal reason you cannot have one, such as a felony.

At the end of the day your own research is going to be your best friend. I am certainly not an expert on US gun laws by any stretch of the imagination. I am just a regular guy who asked the same question you did. This is just my understanding of current US gun laws, I could be wrong, don't bet your life and happiness on my words alone.

My personal opinion of most desirable states to live in with RKBA are: (This is based on a large number of factors including economy, culture, climate, etc, not just RKBA)
1. Idaho
2. Utah
3. Arizona
4. Vermont
5. Alaska

Hope this helped.

Here are some of the references I used:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrying_concealed_weapon
http://firearmsfreedomact.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=155130Missouri should be on top of this list .we are ccw open carry non ffl comp and castle .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

maggie06
01-27-2018, 12:12 PM
I believe Idaho is constitutional carry....for residents

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CMBrowning
01-27-2018, 1:21 PM

News to me that Montana is NFA immune. So if I build an SBR from the start then its legal as long as it does not get taken out of the state??

Id say any state that is permitless carry is pretty dang gun friendly.

Jay-lee
01-27-2018, 1:25 PM
Holy necro bump batman

sMp
01-27-2018, 1:37 PM
Maine

Dan_Eastvale
01-27-2018, 5:21 PM
All are required to follow federal laws on federal properties.... national parks, forests, military facilities.... Also State and county courthouses, police departments, etc have their rules..

I prefer Utah over Idaho because Idaho is still under the thumb of the 9th Circus Court.... Just like California. Utah is within the 10th circuit..

sigstroker
01-27-2018, 11:07 PM
Don't forget the part where they say they will protect their citizens from the federal government and will imprison any federal agent that tries to arrest someone for unregistered NFA possession. If that's not the most pro gun... wow.

You can build cannons in Montana! CANNONS! (modern cannons I mean) I assume you can build black powder cannons in any state, as they're not considered firearms. I mean smokeless powder cannons.

Cannons (modern) are a Federal issue. Montana still a good place to be, Alaska and Idaho too.

sigstroker
01-27-2018, 11:11 PM
News to me that Montana is NFA immune. So if I build an SBR from the start then its legal as long as it does not get taken out of the state??

Id say any state that is permitless carry is pretty dang gun friendly.

Feds can still prosecute you as long as Montana is in the United States of America.

CaliforniaLiberal
01-28-2018, 4:09 AM
THE BRADY CAMPAIGN STATE SCORECARD MARCH 2015

http://crimadvisor.com/data/Brady-State-Scorecard-2015.pdf

Just one more source out of many. Anyone willing to start a new thread with a Poll?

Mark49
01-28-2018, 4:11 AM
#1 Arizona
#2 Alaska

http://www.gunsandammo.com/second-amendment/best-states-for-gun-owners-2017/

CaliforniaLiberal
01-28-2018, 4:18 AM
The more I read this the more worthless and arbitrary their lists look. It's all about feeding Anti-Gun fear and not about anything real.

Best as I can tell they are answering the question, "If I were a criminal and wanted a gun where would I want to live?"

This has nothing to do with where guns used by criminals actually come from. It's just Anti-2nd Amendment fantasy and hysteria and noting to do with any real statistics.

TOP 15 CRIMINALS’ CHOICE STATES!!

Arizona

Alaska

Wyoming

Louisiana

Montana

Arkansas

Virginia

Kentucky

Florida

Nevada

Maine

Mississippi

Idaho

New Mexico

Alabama

CMBrowning
01-28-2018, 4:37 AM
Feds can still prosecute you as long as Montana is in the United States of America.

Ya id imagine like how CA allows weed.

mosinnagantm9130
01-28-2018, 5:01 AM
Kentucky has to be up there

edgerly779
01-28-2018, 5:02 AM
browning Fail. ATF will get you for firearms violations. They could care less about brig bunny pot heads unless you have firearms.

FresnoRob
01-28-2018, 5:13 AM
Arizona tops most lists as the state with the most personal freedoms. In my not so humble opinion Alaska might bump it off the number one spot if you only take gun laws into account.

Ls1FALimpala
01-28-2018, 6:01 AM
Alaska pays you to live there too. Not much but enough to buy a new gun

BCA142
01-28-2018, 7:21 AM
2017 issue of Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States rates states from 0 Total Prohibition to 100 Total Freedom. My 2018 guides are in the mail so there are sure to be changes in a years time.

https://www.gunlawguide.com

99-98 Rating
Alaska
Arizona
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
Vermont
West Virginia
Vermont

97-90
Georgia
Idaho
Georgia
Kentucky
Louisiana
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
North Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Wyoming

89-80
Alabama
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Indiana
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Washington
Wisconsin

79-70
Delaware
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Oregon

69-60
Illinois
Michigan

And the worst:

District of Columbia 8
California 10
Connecticut 19
Hawaii 12
Maryland 20
Massachusetts 12
New Jersey 16
New York 22
Rhode Island 39

jarhead714
01-28-2018, 7:25 AM
Alaska pays you to live there too. Not much but enough to buy a new gun

It's like 2 or 3 grand isn't it? Amazing.

MrFancyPants
01-28-2018, 9:23 AM
Our choice is Utah, for more reasons than just awesome gun rights. I work in technology and SLC has a huge tech industry. The only county in the state which requires smog for cars is SLC County, the rest of the state is smog exempt. We are a snowsports family, and Park City has the best skiing/snowboarding in the country.

But strictly regarding gun rights, there's basically nothing I won't be able to do or own there. Carry permit is easy as pie to get, and costs I think $25 for 5 years, built in reciprocity with most other states. No restrictions on private party gun sales. Castle doctrine at home, at work and in your car.

I'm sure places like Alaska are great for gun rights, but unless you're retired or work in one of the very niche industries up there, it's a no-go for a working family.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

fiddletown
01-28-2018, 10:18 AM
....I believe Montana and Wyoming are NFA immune for SBS, SBR, AOW, DD, and Silencer....States passed laws exempting citizens from NFA if the firearm was made in the state and stays within the state..... No one has tested this, at least publicly, yet.

Kansas has a similar law, and it didn't work out too well for guys named Jeremy Kettler and Shawn Cox -- convicted in federal court of violating the NFA in connection with home made suppressors. (http://www.guns.com/2016/11/15/jury-finds-kansas-men-guilty-on-weapons-charges-despite-state-exemptions/)

The Ninth Circuit has specifically ruled against Montana in a "firearm freedom law" case, Montana Shooting Sports Association v. Holder, No. 10-36094, (9th Cir., 2013).

State enactment of such a law might be evidence of a pro-RKBA legislature, but no one should rely on such a law to keep him out of trouble.

News to me that Montana is NFA immune. So if I build an SBR from the start then....

You'll wind up convicted of violating the NFA, just as Jeremy Kettler and Shawn Cox were in Kansas for homemade suppressors. See above.

EricT71
01-28-2018, 10:22 AM
My dad lives in Idaho, it does not suck to own guns there.

Blade Gunner
01-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Has to be AZ. Sedona is looking better all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htm8569
01-28-2018, 10:38 AM
It's like 2 or 3 grand isn't it? Amazing.

I think the highest it's been was about 2,300 or so. Last year it was about 1,100 bucks. This year will probably be a little more.

.40Cal
01-28-2018, 10:46 AM

AZ citizens probably "need" those flexible laws.

Arizona has about 450,000 illegal aliens and California has about 7.5 million

On the other hand, CA is "RUN" by the Illegals, from the Illegals, and for the Illegals. - Oops weren't those the words from the constitution - Chosen for the people, from the people, by the people. Well, times have changed... We have a "Sanctuary" State now.

Our politicians now go after their own citizens who respect the Law and follow it - in other words - are legal. However, they protect the criminals. It's funny how words get twisted. First, it was illegal, then "undocumented citizen" now dreamers. It's funny because every other country in the world requires you to get a Visa before entering their country, or else you'll face jail and police. We treat them as VIPs. Hahaha... :chris:

MudCamper
01-28-2018, 11:34 AM
If you are looking for a state to move to, you should research whether or not they are in the process of flipping to blue. The entire Southwest will be blue in only a few more years. Then their gun rights (and all rights) will slowly start to erode just like happened here in California. Arizona may look good now, but 20 years from now it will be the California of today. Move deeper into red territory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_states

ozarkpugs@gmail.com
01-28-2018, 12:51 PM
If you are looking for a state to move to, you should research whether or not they are in the process of flipping to blue. The entire Southwest will be blue in only a few more years. Then their gun rights (and all rights) will slowly start to erode just like happened here in California. Arizona may look good now, but 20 years from now it will be the California of today. Move deeper into red territory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_states_and_blue_statesI think you are correct about the 20 years it will change theory , when I moved to Monday. 22 years ago the laws were anti now we have shifted to one of the most pro gun states .we need federal laws to protect us from the anti states .Laws that prohibit states from violating our 2on rights .

NOTABIKER
01-28-2018, 1:20 PM

I thought it was hard for illegals to work in AZ. I smell a poop [ obama ] changed that.

Deedle
01-28-2018, 1:27 PM
im pretty sure alaska is the best

I guessed Alaska or maybe Montana but for guns only IIRC it was actually New Hampshire or something completely unexpected like that. If you ALSO care about general freedoms and low taxes (that would be my basis) then the landscape is back to places like Montana and Alaska.

elk hunter
01-28-2018, 1:49 PM
Montana doesn't like guns..........don't come here.

MrFancyPants
01-28-2018, 1:53 PM
Montana doesn't like guns..........don't come here.Don't worry, no desire to live in BFE.

elk hunter
01-28-2018, 3:14 PM
Don't worry, no desire to live in BFE.

Happydays:D

MrFancyPants
01-28-2018, 3:26 PM
Happydays:DAlthough, when I'm retired, I definitely wouldn't mind a little slice of land on the water in Ketchikan, Alaska, and a plane to fly in and out. That is of course if I could convince the woman to want that too. May just be a vacation getaway.

elk hunter
01-28-2018, 4:00 PM
Good luck, my wife was happy to make the move away from Cali. next move will be to ID. and she's ready to make that move to.

codypaint77
01-28-2018, 5:27 PM
Here in Idaho you can carry open or concealed without a license.

I opted to apply for a concealed carry license anyway so I can get the enhanced license. That will allow me to carry in Washington State.

Endless
01-28-2018, 10:02 PM

Maine is pretty laid back.

Open carry and conceal carry with no permits.

ozarkpugs@gmail.com
01-29-2018, 4:03 AM
My dad lives in Idaho, it does not suck to own guns there.Compared to the other states ? Do they have ccw without permit? Castle or stand your ground rights ? Just because a state acknowledges your right to own a gun doesn't mean it recognizes your constitutional rights.

Jimi Jah
01-29-2018, 8:19 AM
AZ is good now but that will change as demographics shift. 50% of the school age kids in AZ are 'hispanic'. AZ has about 20 more years until it morphs into California.

sigstroker
01-29-2018, 8:25 AM
Maine is pretty laid back.

Open carry and conceal carry with no permits.

Time for you guys to replace a Senator.

EricT71
01-29-2018, 2:17 PM
Compared to the other states ? Do they have ccw without permit? Castle or stand your ground rights ? Just because a state acknowledges your right to own a gun doesn't mean it recognizes your constitutional rights.

Like Cody said, ID has constitutional carry. Wow I can't believe you're asking about castle doctrine in Idaho. Try googling ruby ridge dude.

fiddletown
01-29-2018, 2:47 PM
...Wow I can't believe you're asking about castle doctrine in Idaho. Try googling ruby ridge dude.

What does Ruby Ridge have to do with Castle Doctrine laws. Do you know what Castle Doctrine laws are? Castle Doctrine (https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/castle_doctrine):An exception to a rule in place in some jurisdictions that requires a defendant to retreat before using deadly force in self-defense. The castle exception states that if a defendant is in his home, he is not required to retreat prior to using deadly force in self defense.

geoint
01-29-2018, 3:19 PM

Ya I live in Utah and guns are big here but I we don't have constitutional carry.

We do have CCW on college campuses though. And city maintained Rec Centers offer gun related activities and classes. That probably isn't just a Utah thing but I never saw it during my brief time as a AZ resident, but to be fair I didn't look either.

To me, AZ has always seemed like a freer state.

geoint
01-29-2018, 3:21 PM

What the hell is NFA immune? Like I can buy an SBR without a tax stamp??? (or pistol brace? :p )

ozarkpugs@gmail.com
01-29-2018, 3:26 PM
Like Cody said, ID has constitutional carry. Wow I can't believe you're asking about castle doctrine in Idaho. Try googling ruby ridge dude.First I'm not Dude. second I asked because it was my understanding the bill was shot down in 2017 and as of now Id. did not let you exercise your right to protect your home but since the comment I was replying to suggested it was a gun friendly state maybe it passed . Third what does Ruby Ridge have to do with current gun laws .

fiddletown
01-29-2018, 3:29 PM
What the hell is NFA immune?....A fantasy. See post 66.

desert_dick
01-30-2018, 3:47 PM
Left Fremont,CA for Tallahassee,FL two years ago...
Very happy here...I'm ten miles south of Georgia...far enough inland to avoid hurricanes, easy CCW here for about $70 every seven years, good in 33 other states. NFA ok here, supressors, full auto, destructive devices,etc. Most contractors I've met have an AR behind the seat of the truck...State capital has a small town vibe and good universities, cost of living about 2/3 of cost in Tampa...

DaveInOroValley
01-30-2018, 3:57 PM
I remember a recent article out there and could have sworn Arizona was listed as number 1 as the best state for gun laws.

nitroxdiver
01-30-2018, 9:07 PM
Compared to the other states ? Do they have ccw without permit? Castle or stand your ground rights ? Just because a state acknowledges your right to own a gun doesn't mean it recognizes your constitutional rights.

We have constitutional carry, open carry, a regular CWP if you want, and enhanced CWP. Stand your ground and castle doctrine bill just made it out of committee the other day, I was there at the state capitol for it. 14-1. We have a firearms freedom act, and ppt’s are just meet, shake hands, pay, and walk. It’s pretty damn gun friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smupser
01-30-2018, 9:28 PM
Kansas has a similar law, and it didn't work out too well for guys named [URL="http://www.guns.com/2016/11/15/jury-finds-kansas-men-guilty-on-weapons-charges-despite-state-exemptions/"]Jeremy Kettler and Shawn Cox -- convicted in federal court of violating the NFA in connection with home made suppressors.

States are left to regulate things after federal law. A couple guys build suppressors with state exemptions and the Feds jump all over it.

Multiple states and hundreds of thousands of people utilize recreational marijuana despite federal law............crickets. Funny how that works

Ferd Berfel
01-31-2018, 2:36 AM
Sigh. I never should have left Arizona.

ja308
01-31-2018, 8:16 AM
Look at the states Trump won and take that as a starting point !