PDA

View Full Version : CeraKote recommendations in LA area?

polyhedron88
08-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Anyone know a good place to get your gun colored with Cerakote? In the LA area....

im not comfortable shipping my gun out.

thanks

polyhedron88
08-01-2010, 1:11 AM
yeah, i emailed him already last week with a few questions.... but no reply.

i should just call him on monday...(he might not be the computer guy type)

polyhedron88
08-01-2010, 8:56 AM
Sure...i'll call him on monday! But, i can't believe he's the only one that does this in SoCal... gotta ask around for more options...

Linkpimp
08-01-2010, 9:28 AM
For what it's worth, there are plenty of guys who Duracoat here in So-Cal, Hell I can Duracoat it.. But I don’t know too many who do CeraKote..

The one guy I know of and has done some GREAT work using cerakote is Todd Powers @ http://www.phantomfinishing.com but he's in Nor-Cal..

Mesa Defense
08-01-2010, 1:59 PM
Randy @ RD Precision does CeraKote on some of his builds.

Anchors
08-02-2010, 4:48 PM
Not to thread jack, just wanted some info since it seems pretty cool.

How long is the process? (If they don't have an FFL, you have to wait while they do it, right?)
And what are the advantages to Cerakote vs Duracoat?

Jpach
08-02-2010, 4:58 PM
Dont know about how long it takes but Cerakote is VERY durable. Check the cerakote website and also check youtube. I saw a guy hold a torch up to a cerakoted flash hider for 30 seconds and it didnt bubble or get discolored or anything

tpowers
08-03-2010, 6:34 PM
I am in Nor Cal, but I do have an FFL and putting it in the mail and sending it up to me is not a big deal, but I get it if you don't want to deal with the mail companies.

polyhedron88
08-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys! Dave contacted me already.... so, i'll probably visit his place when i get all my stuff together.
I'll check Randy as well.
Todd, i've seen your stuff! looks awesome! Im just paranoid about losing my guns in the mail....wish you were down here in SoCal so i could use your services.

anyways...thanks for all the replies! I'll post some pics when im done!