PDA

View Full Version : A2 stock buttplate replacements

ILVSMOG
07-30-2010, 9:51 PM
Does anyone make a padded/extended replacement buttplate for an A2 stock? I saw one on Midway USA, but the reviews were crap. I'm looking for some padding and extra LOP.

Thanks!

Switchbarrel
07-31-2010, 2:24 AM
I don't know that I'd call this much more padding but, it's adjustable for length of pull. It is rubber so I guess it's marginally softer than the hard plastic A2 trap door. I've got them on two of my AR's and think they're pretty nice.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/pid=36940/Product/Sierra_Precision_AR_15_Adjustable_Buttplate

-Rick

ILVSMOG
07-31-2010, 7:09 PM
That's an interesting piece, but a little more than I was looking for, I think. I'd like to find a replacement plate that's about 1/2" thicker with some small amount of cushion to it.

sevensix2x51
07-31-2010, 7:20 PM
given how mild the recoil on the ar15 already is, i think the best bet is to glue/screw a strip of neoprene or two onto the back of that baby.. just thinking out loud...

ILVSMOG
08-01-2010, 10:23 AM
If it was for an AR15, you'd be right. It's actually for a FN-TPS (pump 12ga shotgun). They're a little odd in that they use all AR furniture. I have an M4 stock on it now and it's a tad short and beats me to death. I just swapped an A2 stock onto it, which was an improvement in LOP, but still beats me up pretty good.