PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma with build

mlaines
07-30-2010, 4:21 PM
I am building a DPMS platform 308 (from the JD sets) i have everything i need in hand minus the barrel and rail, they are both paid for and the barrel will be here next week. Here is the dilemma... The rail i ordered is a DD 12" lite rail and was told it was in stock but the one that was in stock was for an armalite not DPMS. Now the lead time from DD is 4-6 weeks:eek:... So i cant wait 4-6 weeks to fire this thing. Does anyone out there have any ideas of where to find something that will work in the mean time. I have been searching the marketplace for something inexpensive but there is nothing i can find. I want to fire it but cant justify spending 50-100 on a TUBE OR RAIL that is only temporary. If anyone out there has ideas let me know. Or am i just being way to impatient:rolleyes:

shooting4life
07-30-2010, 4:45 PM
Just fire it without the tube. I would make sure not to touch the gas tube though.

mlaines
07-30-2010, 5:10 PM
Just fire it without the tube. I would make sure not to touch the gas tube though.

i dont have a barrel nut i guess i could just get one huh? that would be the cheapest

neal0124
07-30-2010, 5:16 PM
I'm not sure but I think the only difference between the two rails is the barrel nut. I built a 308 with the same parts as you. I had to buy the barrel nut separately.