PDA

View Full Version : WTB - AK barrel stubs, spare/broken parts for pistol build.

Barabas
07-29-2010, 10:50 AM
I want 7.62x39 barrel stubs, gas blocks, trunnions, rear sight bases in any condition for a radical super shorty AK pistol build. I want your left overs or extras! BCG's, pistons, FCG parts, pistol grips are on the list too. Numbers matching is not required, mix and match are in fact preferred, there is going to be a lot of butchery involved.

The Emperor demands bolters, his armorers have no choice but to comply.

Help me do this on the cheap and I'll document every step, every pitfall and foible.

stilly
03-25-2013, 10:30 AM
BUMP

did this ever happen?

Barabas
06-11-2013, 3:39 PM
It's ongoing. Most of the math has been done, the mock-ups built. I need to mold the pistol and forward grip so castings can be made. I haven't decided on whether or not I'm going to include a red dot into the design or not. It's a matter of finding one that can handle the recoil without breaking the bank. It's a constant struggle with my frugality. I've already given up on barrel stubs, I'll be cutting down commercial rifle barrels.

I'd like to make a 3d model so I can have the parts on file to reproduce via CNC as needed instead of fabricating everything, but that's a hill that is taking longer to climb than I thought it would.

Sorry for the late response, I don't log in as often as I used to.