PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy AK Barrels?

Charlie50
07-21-2010, 5:11 PM
I have the sense there are quite a few of us who have purchased various AK kits sans barrels and we might be able to save a little money with a group buy. I have not put together a group buy before, and really don't want to, but I think gauging interest might be worthwhile. We all know a few guys who are pretty active in the gunsmithing forums that are more than capable... of at least helping me put this together.... any volunteers :D?

You barrel less builders out there need to sound off and see if we can get any traction and save money. We can discuss manufacture options once we know how many barrels might be involved. Input from some more experienced guys is welcomed, the rest of you guys put your hands down :p.

7,62x39
07-21-2010, 6:13 PM
like i said in the other thread, if they are romanian barrels i would definitely like to get in on this group buy https://www.cogunsales.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=421&category_id=4&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 theres my suggestion if they are romanian barrels

Charlie50
07-21-2010, 6:17 PM
I'm with you, I checked out the link (and some others) and it looks fine. BTW thanks if you were the guy that planted the seed for this GB ;)

like i said in the other thread, if they are romanian barrels i would definitely like to get in on this group buy https://www.cogunsales.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=421&category_id=4&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1 theres my suggestion if they are romanian barrels

Stunnason
07-21-2010, 6:41 PM
I would be down for a barrel or two depending on prices.

7,62x39
07-21-2010, 7:04 PM
I'm with you, I checked out the link (and some others) and it looks fine. BTW thanks if you were the guy that planted the seed for this GB ;)

as much as i wish i was smart enough to come up with that idea, it was not me.:) If this does go through and we do use cogunsales, depending on how many we end up buying maybe we could convince them to give even more of a discount.

E-120
07-21-2010, 8:04 PM
Interested in some Barrels if they have all the work done on them. Hand guard, gas port, extractor and holes for all the pins.

Manic Mechanic
07-21-2010, 9:00 PM
Interested.

Z ME FLY
07-21-2010, 9:54 PM
Like I said in the other thread, you guys have to figure out if you want romy barrels or us made barrels.

from there you can figure out how much work will be done on it...

E-120
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
What ever happened to the new US company that was going to send 69Mach1 some sample barrels? I thought they said everything would be completely finished on their barrels.

7,62x39
07-22-2010, 12:51 AM
maybe this thread should turn into a poll to see what people want, that way you could also get a count of how many people would be buying whichever one the gb ends up being

AndrewMendez
07-22-2010, 2:11 AM
95 bucks a barrel IMO is not a great price, but if we can work out something, I would be interested.

Chatterbox
07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
I'd go in for a couple.

Z ME FLY
07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
How about this you guys, I'll offer up some of my time to figure this out. I know no one wants to organize it so I'll do it as long as Charlie50 is okay with that since he started the thread.

If he is okay with it, I will start a new thread here on the gunsmithing forum with a poll and a post count to figure out who wants an.....
us made barrel
possible virginish romy barrel
or used romy barrel (cannot comment on quality of the barrels since it is used but should at least be in decent condition)

I am not sure how much the barrels would be since I haven't done any research yet.

Charlie50
07-22-2010, 11:37 AM
Z ME FLY That would be awesome if you could take this and run with this a bit. I am swamped with work right now (not a bad thing, but...). Thanks and you totally have my enthusiastic OK! I know most of you local builders know Zmefly and know that he is a stand up guy that has a proved track record with successful group buys. As the saying goes, "deal with confidence" J, Obviously let me know how I can assist you ;).

How about this you guys, I'll offer up some of my time to figure this out. I know no one wants to organize it so I'll do it as long as Charlie50 is okay with that since he started the thread.

If he is okay with it, I will start a new thread here on the gunsmithing forum with a poll and a post count to figure out who wants an.....
us made barrel
possible virginish romy barrel
or used romy barrel (cannot comment on quality of the barrels since it is used but should at least be in decent condition)

I am not sure how much the barrels would be since I haven't done any research yet.

Z ME FLY
07-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Here is the thread folks...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=324188

Remember play nice because group buys mean three things... people b$#ching and moan... people asking 20 million questions... and... it's hardly ever worth the few dollars I make...

but yet here I am again lol

Roccobro
07-22-2010, 6:13 PM

Sorry to be that Guy.

Just after getting 10 of everything for the SD Build party I'm kinda spoiled with the discounts from buying AK parts in bulk now.

That and I need quite a few barrels myself. ;)

Justin

rabagley
07-22-2010, 7:42 PM
I'm interested in one chrome-lined AofA Romanian barrel. If you can get that to me in SoCal for $89 or less, I'm in. Otherwise, I'll just get it from AofA for $89 + shipping.