PDA

View Full Version : Troy folding BUIS as a Primary Iron Sight?

marklbucla
07-14-2010, 6:11 AM
Has anyone used their Troy BUIS as a primary rear iron sight? Everyone always says that it's the gold standard of BUIS's, but how does it stack up to a fixed carry handle sight? I do not care about elevation adjustments, just that it will hold zero as it's either flipped up and down a lot or just left up all the time.

xxINKxx
07-14-2010, 6:15 AM
Im using this Troy rear sight as a primary rear sight on one of my uppers. Works great, and is really solid too. I see no difference as far as the carry handle sight goes other then the elevation adjustment. Holds zero 24/7

http://www.riflegear.com/p-373-troy-folding-battle-sight-rear.aspx

IEShooter
07-14-2010, 6:24 AM
Why wouldn't you? I use MBUS's as my primary "iron" sight and they work flawlessly, not matter how often I move them up or down.

evidens83
07-14-2010, 8:16 AM
Ever since I sold my Eotech the Troy BUIS is my primary sight. It is as accurate as I want to be.

FeuerFrei
07-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Why wouldn't you? I use MBUS's as my primary "iron" sight and they work flawlessly, not matter how often I move them up or down.

Yep.
BTW I use GG&G front flip-ups and Matech 600 Meter rear sights.
They always work.

cmace22
07-14-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm in the same boat but was thinking of a non folding rear sight like the DD, LMT or LaRue.

I don't see anything wrong with it, it just seems I would like my sight ready to go whenever I should need them. Why add another operation and crucial time before you can get off accurate shots.

marklbucla
07-14-2010, 10:59 AM
I used to think the same way, but my AR is just a range toy and the FOV was a bit cluttered with the rear sight there too.

cmace22
07-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I used to think the same way, but my AR is just a range toy and the FOV was a bit cluttered with the rear sight there too.

Wouldn't your field of view be about the same. The height should be, so maybe the folding BUIS is a tad thinner?

marklbucla
07-14-2010, 12:13 PM
I re read your post, and for some reason I was assuming an optic in there as the primary sighting system.

I would think that the FOV would be roughly the same whether you use your carry handle, fixed BUIS, or folding BUIS.

God Bless The Mauser
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
I use it for a primary, the only annoying part is there is no elevation adjustment.

cmace22
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
My FSB is going to be fixed so I figure my rear sight should be too.

If all im running is irons, then I figure go with the fixed rears.

The only time I would run folding rear and/or fronts, would be if I was using an optic or red dot of some kind as my primary.