PDA

View Full Version : siglite

nguyen831
07-11-2010, 12:17 PM
I recently purchased a sig sauer 226, but one of the night sights seems to be broken? is there a way to fix it or do i have to buy a whole new sight? and if so how much does it cost to get installed? any good deals out there?

and recommendations?

OC FNG
07-12-2010, 3:09 PM
Once the night site is gone, it's gone & needs to be replaced. Is it a new or used gun? If new, might check with Sig on warranty coverage. If old, you'll need to get a new sight and a sight pusher. The pushers are about $100 each so impractical if you only need once. Check Sigforum for someone local to you that might let you borrow one or you could just pay $20 or so to have a gunsmith do it for you. As to cheap places to get a replacement- good luck. Sometimes you can get a good deal on Ebay or the marketplace here but the chance you take is that Tritium sights are only good for about 10 years before the "magic" wears off and they no longer glow. If you get something that you cannot verify the manufacture date of, there's no telling how much life you have left and you may have bought a set of "new" sights that only have a few years left on them.

DarkKro
08-03-2010, 3:23 AM
is it possible to replace the tritium with a vial?

freonr22
08-03-2010, 6:29 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=320996&highlight=tritium

I saw this last night, I am not sure if it helps, I dont know how to get the old vial out, but I am sure there is a way