4thSBCT
07-04-2010, 10:39 AM
nice thanks for the heads up!

E-120
07-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Are these barrels pre drilled etc?

nick
07-04-2010, 11:23 AM
The barrels have the extractor and handguard cut.

I wonder which barrels they use, for US-made barrels usually suck, with a few exceptions.

Z ME FLY
07-04-2010, 12:30 PM
ouch us barrel....

yeah I rather pay a little more and get the bulgy barrel but... good find woodey!

REMEMBER IF YOU GO CHEAP ON THE 74 you may have problems... Especially when it comes with US barrels...

nick
07-04-2010, 12:32 PM
ouch us barrel....

yeah I rather pay a little more and get the bulgy barrel but... good find woodey!

REMEMBER IF YOU GO CHEAP ON THE 74 you may have problems... Especially when it comes with US barrels...

Hmm, I heard that from pretty much every store I ever visit... "Don't ever go cheap on anything" :p

Z ME FLY
07-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Hmm, I heard that from pretty much every store I ever visit... "Don't ever go cheap on anything" :p

Well you can go cheap on the 47 because it seems like the tolerances are more forgiving. Heck I can be wrong but I have read a lot of stories about 74 and some 47 barrel being out of spec. It is still workable but it isn't an exact copy of the original barrels. For someone how has built a couple of AKs, go for a US barrel if you want but for the beginners I stress go with MATCHING #'S AND ORIGINAL BARREL...

TURBOELKY
07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
My first build was with a completely virgin barrel on my AMD pistol, I didn't know any better:D But it worked out Great!! and I love it. Its actually the most accurate AK I have!:eek: US barrel, non chrome lined! I think it was a Green Mountain Barrel?? Sound right? I dont think it's chrome lined anyways, but the bore is shiney as hell!?

But I too stress for a first build, a virgin US is really a NO NO, it was a PITA!:43:

Z ME FLY
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
My first build was with a completely virgin barrel on my AMD pistol, I didn't know any better:D But it worked out Great!! and I love it. Its actually the most accurate AK I have!:eek: US barrel, non chrome lined! I think it was a Green Mountain Barrel?? Sound right? I dont think it's chrome lined anyways, but the bore is shiney as hell!?

But I too stress for a first build, a virgin US is really a NO NO, it was a PITA!:43:

Well with Green Mountain barrels they are good stuff. I know the 47 barrels are GTG...

I have seen people attend 3 or 4 build parties trying to put together a kit with a us barrel or virgin barrel. 3 or 4 BPs to finish one rifle.... that's harsh..

Roccobro
07-04-2010, 2:02 PM
IF a virgin barrel is to be selected on a build, would it be a Romanian chrome lined for $120 or a Green Mountain chrome lined for $135?

Justin

TURBOELKY
07-04-2010, 2:17 PM
IF a virgin barrel is to be selected on a build, would it be a Romanian chrome lined for $120 or a Green Mountain chrome lined for $135?

Justin

The Romanian for sure would be in spec for the barrel accessories, and a plus if the "grooves" for the pins are already cut too!!

Z ME FLY
07-04-2010, 4:26 PM

Justin

Justin you always go for the "original" type of stuff before you get the us made barrels.

My mismatched egyptian maadi barely headspaced in the current barrel pin hole but it did work..