View Full Version : Hi Capacity Mag Permit

06-28-2010, 9:11 PM
What is envolved in getting a Hi Cap Permit, anybody know?? I've heard about it but can't find any info about getting one.:cool:

06-28-2010, 9:19 PM
no such thing as far as I know

06-28-2010, 9:24 PM

You need a "good cause" in order to get a large capacity magazine permit and you need to be a CA FFL dealer in order to get a large capacity magazine permit.

Penal Code 12079
(a) Upon a showing that good cause exists, the Department of Justice may issue permits for the possession, transportation, or sale between a person licensed pursuant to Section 12071 and an out-of-state client, of large capacity magazines.
(b) For purposes of this section, "large capacity magazine" shall have the same meaning as that set forth in paragraph (25) of subdivision (c) of Section 12020.

Penal Code 12071
(a)(1) As used in this chapter, the term "licensee," "person licensed pursuant to Section 12071," or "dealer" means a person who has all of the following:
(A) A valid federal firearms license.
(B) Any regulatory or business license, or licenses, required by local government.
(C) A valid seller's permit issued by the State Board of Equalization.
(D) A certificate of eligibility issued by the Department of Justice pursuant to paragraph (4).
(E) A license issued in the format prescribed by paragraph (6).
(F) Is among those recorded in the centralized list specified in subdivision (e).

A C&R FFL03 isn't good enough for the DOJ apparently. You need an 01.