PDA

View Full Version : "Law Enforcement" Std Cap Mag Rebuild Kits?

chiselchst
06-17-2010, 10:19 PM
This may be a stupid question, so I apologize in advance...

What is the significance of possessing "LE" marked standard cap mags, vs. pre-ban mags?

I have an older Glock 21, pre-ban. I have the ability to purchase "LE" mag rebuild kits. If I possessed "LE" rebuild kits (or mags), what are the ramifications of rebuilding my original std cap mags with the newer "LE" marked mag tubes? Is the "LE" a no go for a civi like me?

I am naturally hesitant in owning these, and have searched for an answer, without luck.

I understand I can obtain non "LE" mag rebuild kits, but was interested in this particular situation. I have not ordered them...I wanted to understand the law in this exact situation.

(please do not tell me where I can get non-LE mag rebuild kits, as that is not the question here).

I am a law abiding person, and do not want any hassle, or to committ any violations of the CA law...

Thanks in advance.

drunktank
06-17-2010, 10:21 PM
The LE markings don't mean squat if you are using them to legally rebuild your existing mags. I don't have the links saved on this computer, but that's the just of it.

Hope this helps.

drunktank
06-17-2010, 10:24 PM
To add, I am not sure of the G21, but on the G17 the different generations of mags, 1 or a few had the LE markings, while the others didn't. Again, it's just a marking per say. My HK rebuilds say L.E. use only etc., however, they are 100 percent legal since I owned them before the ban (and before the last HK USP I owned I might add lol).

chiselchst
06-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your prompt response!

Sleekcraft boat for sale? I used to have a 23' Bahner jet boat, it was fun...but now that I'm an "old man", I have an "old man" boat, LOL...I'll have to look at that ad... :43:

Thanks again.