PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the anti CA mindset

glock_holiday
05-31-2010, 3:17 PM
Let me start off by saying that since becoming a dealer and working with many of you over the past couple years I have come to have a great deal of respect for what you guys are trying to do there. I personally, as an AZ resident can't imagine having my gun rights stripped away as you have and enduring the battle to get them back. That I feel is the problem with most gun owners in this country with the exception of a few specific areas NYC, DC, IL etc. They really can't relate to what is going on here. Now and again I run across some anti CA folks and I try to explain to them that the gun owners in CA are not the bad guys and we need to work more with gun owners in CA to change things not less. For example,

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108913&p=763827#p763827

I was on my local shooting forum yesterday and someone posted a question about shipping an AR lower into CA. Since we do this on a regular basis I offer up my advice and services on the subject. Well it didn't take long to devolve into a "We should boycott CA" discussion. I offered my thoughts on the subject but we'll have to see if it changes any minds. Feel free to register on the site and comment. This can be a great way to start dissolving the anti CA mindset.

GH

NapaCountyShooter
05-31-2010, 3:41 PM
Thanks for your support. We appreciate it and lord willing with enough time and support we can defeat more of these unjust laws.

dk94044
05-31-2010, 5:14 PM
Thanks for your help GH, a lot of people from other states just ask, why don't you just move out of California... well that would be fine if we all had jobs or financial stability to do so. We Californian gun owners want to stay and fight for our rights and not just give in.

97F1504RAD
05-31-2010, 5:38 PM
Thanks for the support. And I know I completely support your great state and the things your Gov is doing.

CavTrooper
05-31-2010, 5:48 PM
Let me start off by saying that since becoming a dealer and working with many of you over the past couple years I have come to have a great deal of respect for what you guys are trying to do there. I personally, as an AZ resident can't imagine having my gun rights stripped away as you have and enduring the battle to get them back. That I feel is the problem with most gun owners in this country with the exception of a few specific areas NYC, DC, IL etc. They really can't relate to what is going on here. Now and again I run across some anti CA folks and I try to explain to them that the gun owners in CA are not the bad guys and we need to work more with gun owners in CA to change things not less. For example,

http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=108913&p=763827#p763827

I was on my local shooting forum yesterday and someone posted a question about shipping an AR lower into CA. Since we do this on a regular basis I offer up my advice and services on the subject. Well it didn't take long to devolve into a "We should boycott CA" discussion. I offered my thoughts on the subject but we'll have to see if it changes any minds. Feel free to register on the site and comment. This can be a great way to start dissolving the anti CA mindset.

GH

This wont end well.

VegasND
05-31-2010, 9:09 PM
I abandoned ArizonaShooting a while back ... I'd like to find a forum in AZ that's not so much an insider's club ...