PDA

View Full Version : Is the KelTek PF9 legal in California?

Average Joe American
04-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I am not living in California (not yet anyway) and was just wondering if the KelTec PF9 is legal there?

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/mixflip/keltec.jpg

zcktomcat
04-06-2010, 1:48 AM
Legal if you bring own it prior to entering California. Its not on the safe handgun list, so you wouldn't be able to purchase one in the state.

CornFedWB
04-06-2010, 8:56 AM
Sorry to hear the bad news. Where are you moving from?

Average Joe American
04-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Nevada. I love the gun laws here but my whole family is in NorCal and we love the NorCal life (ocean, trees & mountains!!!) better than the desert. I'd be covered under HR218 to carry concealed when/if we move so I am not worried about that part of my personal gun issues.

The mag cap laws suck and so do the assault weapon restrictions...but hey we will be with family to help raise my kid. We dont have any family support in Nevada which sucks politically and economically just as bad as Ca. Nevada unemployment and foreclosures actually beat Ca. I think?

sigfan91
04-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Nevada. I love the gun laws here but my whole family is in NorCal and we love the NorCal life (ocean, trees & mountains!!!) better than the desert. I'd be covered under HR218 to carry concealed when/if we move so I am not worried about that part of my personal gun issues.

The mag cap laws suck and so do the assault weapon restrictions...but hey we will be with family to help raise my kid. We dont have any family support in Nevada which sucks politically and economically just as bad as Ca. Nevada unemployment and foreclosures actually beat Ca. I think?

Yes, but Nevada might actually recover. CA unemployment rate will not come down in the short term due to environment hostile to business. Also, Nevada does not have a state income tax. You save 9% right off the top, assuming you make $50k a year.

Back to PF9. We cannot buy one from a dealer here. We can buy from a private party here involving face to face transaction. So...buy a few dozen while you can. Bring them with you. Then sell them here for the "market" price. ;)

Average Joe American
04-06-2010, 11:56 AM
I hear ya, Nevada is nice but its still not NorCal. I wouldnt mind living in Carson City just to be a few minutes away from Tahoe but my wife wont go for it. Sacramento is in the middle of Tahoe and San Francisco and Napa and the ocean and our family support...so NorCal is the goal.

Any state that doesnt have income tax finds other ways to get your money... such as property taxes ect ect. They get their money either way. I thought my Nevada state job was going to be great since they wont take out state tax but I ended up paying $300 a paycheck on PERS fees and health benefits. So its all relative I guess? Not to mention furloughs for state workers.

At least in California I will be working for the Feds. Not too much greener on the other side but better than working for the state!

As for the PF9. Looks like thats a green light for this purchase then? Time to hit the shops.

CornFedWB
04-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Go for it, I held one at the show in Reno in Feb and it was just oaky. I like the size and shape. I wanna shoot one someday, I tell ya that nutnfancy guy has sold a lot of gear just from his vids. He makes the pf9 sound like a perfect CCW gun. I just got a G26 in hopes of someday getting a permit.

Swift Justice
04-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Why buy just one? Get two or three, and anything else that is not on the roster that you may soon grow tired of and want to sell, like stripped pistol marked AR lowers, Ruger LCP's, etc. Someone who later decided they wanted to sell them would certainly never lose money on the transaction on a PPT in California, and would likely make a coin or two. You'll only get to do it once when you move (unless you move out and then back again, of course).

walter
04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
buy a walther pps and sell it to me when you get here.

also buy every gun you want that's off list before you come.

dilligaffrn
04-06-2010, 12:58 PM
lookieee here...

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov

jayjay
04-06-2010, 1:37 PM
If you are carrying under HR218 I would think you are roster exempt anyway and can buy the pf9 in CA.

sigfan91
04-06-2010, 3:23 PM
buy a walther pps and sell it to me when you get here.

also buy every gun you want that's off list before you come.

Oh yeah, get 2 of those. I want one too. :)

While you're at it, get a Sig P238...or two.;)