PDA

View Full Version : Indulgent, Impractical Buy: Mini-Mac Or Draco?

Mountain_Man
02-22-2010, 10:39 AM
I've already got the basics covered in my collection, so now it's time for something uttterly cool and arguably impractical. With that in mind, I'm torn between getting an MPA mini or a Romanian Draco pistol. They both shout awesomeness to me, that's what's making my decision so difficult. I like the power of the Draco, and I like the detachable magazine of the minimac. Eventually I'll probably have to get them both, but in the meantime, what do the knowledgeable folks here reccomend I squander my hard earned cash on?

Full Clip
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I just squandered on the Draco. I had a bunch of 10-round AK mags, so it was a no-brainer for me. Henderson had then in stock!

asgalindez
02-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I squandered my money on a Draco. I'm happy I did. I can take the mag lock off and use 30 rounders when I visit my uncle in WA.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
02-22-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm another one of those Draco squanderers. If you don't have an AK already, the mini-MAC might be fun, just less loud and flashy. :D

Massappeal
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
I have a MPA30 and love it. however I have a AK as well but eventually want a ak pistol to go with it

djleisure
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Yeah, that is a tough one! I got the Draco first, but the mini-mac is currently very high on the list! So, I can't speak to the mini-mac "fun factor," but I can definitely tell you the Draco's are a ton of fun and surprisingly accurate!

Mountain_Man
02-22-2010, 5:40 PM
Thanks for the reassurance everyone. Looks like the consensus is to get a Draco, so that's what I'll do. I guess I'll just have to wait until summer for the mini-mac. Cheers.

joefrank64k
02-22-2010, 6:35 PM
You won't be sorry...they're a blast (pun intended) @ the range!!!

gunn
02-22-2010, 8:19 PM
Save yourself a few bucks on the DROS.
If South Bay = San Jose/Milpitas area: I just found out that RMB enterprises will accept single shot, dimensionally compliant pistols for $60 (inc DROS).
I wish I knew that a few weeks ago when I picked up my Draco.
-g

NicolasP
02-23-2010, 4:47 PM
Just picked up my draco, have had the mpa930 for months (totally kitted with a bunch of stuff from usmachinegun.com). Can't speak on how the draco shoots (was dirty as hell when I got it today although it is an ak). My mini shoots awesome and I have only had 1 feeding problem with over 1000k through it. Its nice to be able to use detachable pre-ban high capacity mags (up to 5o rnds). Mini is not half bad on accuracy either although some others may want you to believe they are ****. Mini will eat all ammo I've given it. Ammo for both is reasonable right now. My two cents

djleisure
02-23-2010, 4:51 PM
Just picked up my draco, have had the mpa930 for months (totally kitted with a bunch of stuff from usmachinegun.com). Can't speak on how the draco shoots (was dirty as hell when I got it today although it is an ak). My mini shoots awesome and I have only had 1 feeding problem with over 1000k through it. Its nice to be able to use detachable pre-ban high capacity mags (up to 5o rnds). Mini is not half bad on accuracy either although some others may want you to believe they are ****. Mini will eat all ammo I've given it. Ammo for both is reasonable right now. My two cents
OMG, you've shot over a million rounds out of your mini-mac?! :p

Just kidding, but that's good to hear about the MPA's - one of those is very high on my list right now...

SJgunguy24
02-23-2010, 5:05 PM
I'm voting for the AK pistol. While the MAC looks evil and will get you funny looks, the AK pistol will kill all cute furry animal's within a 2.3 mile radius.

sofine354
02-23-2010, 5:19 PM
Impractical, cool, and 'spensive? I immediately think TOMMY GUN! But I'm old school like that. What? It has a pistol grip. And you can shoot it one handed. But that means you'll have to by two. :)

NicolasP
02-23-2010, 6:53 PM
LOL. Details, details.

ZombieKiller
02-24-2010, 8:38 AM
Ak pistol definitely.....

This is a must have for all tactical ninjas. I love my Lancaster.....but get the right sling- it can be awkward to shoot if you don't.

mdhpper
02-24-2010, 8:46 AM
I have both and they are both a lot of fun. I prefer MPA, no mag lock requirement gives it a huge advantage.