PDA

View Full Version : guys, it looks as if Wes is going to have some trouble and may need our help!

Kali_M14
12-13-2005, 6:00 AM
I was e-mailing him about my order when I got this auto reply:

At this time we have stopped all sales of California legal lowers. Fulton has canceled its scheduled shipment of 100 lowers. For those of you who have paid, I will be attempting to get you Sun Devil replacements. We will be accepting no new sales at this time. We have began talking to an attorney and we will be in communication with the DOJ. Until a few issues are resolved, we will not be taking any new orders. We will make every attempt to sell lowers to those who have already placed an order and have paid. If that is not possible, you will be fully refunded and in 99% of all cases, no credit card accounts have been charged.

Additionally the prices of these lowers is in serious question due to Fulton canceling an order and possible attorney fees. My commitment to not price gouge is still firm and I will stick by it. There most certainly might be a $20 attorney surcharge per lower and I will determine who will be charged for that soon. Again, I want to be a fair businessman and I will not try to rob you. Please understand the extreme stress this is causing and the amount of effort I am spending on it.

Those of you who have ordered lowers already, in all liklihood you will receive them. I ask for your patience. Thank you.

6172crew
12-13-2005, 6:18 AM
The $20 attorney fee will probably go further than the $25 I sent to the NRA.

RRangel
12-13-2005, 6:18 AM
Actually this is what he's been saying this since yesterday.

dadoody
12-13-2005, 8:07 AM
what's going on?

please summarize

jnojr
12-13-2005, 8:52 AM
what's going on?

please summarize

The summary:

Too late.

tpliquid1
12-13-2005, 8:54 AM
yeap too late. no more lowers for us

JAMES77257
12-13-2005, 9:26 AM
Here's what's really going on: You need to read all the threads. Yourself. And understand them. It would be dangerous and wasteful to try to come up with a quick summary, in this complicated and fluid situation. If you are not willing to read and understand, it might be a better idea to stay out of this.

I'm sorry to be so direct and harsh, but life is not easy, nor easily summarized, and this topic is not black-and-white.

WTF? Where do you get off talking to people like that. This is not a private club.

treelogger's opinion's do not reflect mine, or probably 99% of the participents here. We are here to help each other. I concider this kind of treatment of fellow God fearing/law abiding citizens to be no better than the way the DOJ is handling this whole matter.

So in short, ask all the questions you want dadoody, If other people don't like them they should waste their time typing answers instead of insults.

schizrade2
12-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Well that fell through. :/

bwiese
12-13-2005, 11:40 AM
WTF? Where do you get off talking to people like that. This is not a private club.

No, but the ability to use search function is trivially easy. Asking for others to type instead of doing you can do quite readily is a mixture of rudeness, laziness and arrogance.

Dadoody is just looking, in effect, for "typing handout".

We are here to help each other.

Yes, true. But even I've grown tired of repeating the same answers over and over and over. That was one motivation for my FAQ.

And even now people are asking me to explain things they glossed over in my FAQ that are well and clearly explained...

I concider this kind of treatment of fellow God fearing/law abiding citizens

God fearing? Now you're the one making big assumptions there. Lots of us here use bibles to prop up corners of our sofas. Take your religion to the backwoods where it belongs.

Kestryll
12-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Take your religion to the backwoods where it belongs.

This comment is largely unnecessary.

JAMES77257
12-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I've just lost all respect for you. I guess you're one of them.

If you don't like typing, don't.

JAMES77257
12-13-2005, 11:57 AM
I am going to violate my own rules and guidelines here.

You can take that comment and blow it out your ***** Bill.

+++++1 bro

Kestryll
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Actually as much as I still feel the same as my comment and much more it is really '-1'.
Regardless of how warranted it is such a comment simply put me on the same childish level as the original post and does nothing to further my cause or beliefs.
Sometimes we fire off the cuff, fortunately God's wisdom wins out if we let it.

delloro
12-13-2005, 12:19 PM
It seems as though when I try to log on to calguns.net, I am instead sent to arf.com :mad:

wtf is going on here?

there should be a 10-day cooling off period for some folks to use their keyboards.

secret lists, PMs blocked, DOJ spies, people practicing law without a license, everybody step back for a minute and take a deep breath.

this has become the Joe McCarthy version of Lord of the Flies. pathetic.

Kestryll
12-13-2005, 12:22 PM

I get the CONCH!!!!!!

blacklisted
12-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I get the CONCH!!!!!!

http://images.43things.com/comment/00/00/0a/2760s.jpg
"Mother says I can't run on account of my asthma."

delloro
12-13-2005, 12:26 PM
No, but the ability to use search function is trivially easy. Asking for others to type instead of doing you can do quite readily is a mixture of rudeness, laziness and arrogance.

Rudeness? Just ignore him. How is he being rude?

Laziness? Maybe he has better things to do. God forbid *that*!

Arrogance? Criticizing someone for not reading your faq is what?

:confused:

IPSICK
12-13-2005, 1:48 PM
Seriously, can't we all just get along??

Short answer too the question "Too Late"

Detailed answer, read the thread. If you're genuinely interested you will find the answers you seek.

artherd
12-13-2005, 2:55 PM
delloro; do you have anything useful to contribute?

I direct the person asking for the summary to click on Bill's excellent FAQ he has spent many many hours/days on.

It is on the top of EVERY SINGLE PAGE ON CALGUNS.NET.

For more, read the entire .223 subforum.

It seems as though when I try to log on to calguns.net, I am instead sent to arf.com :mad:

wtf is going on here?

there should be a 10-day cooling off period for some folks to use their keyboards.

secret lists, PMs blocked, DOJ spies, people practicing law without a license, everybody step back for a minute and take a deep breath.

dadoody
12-13-2005, 3:16 PM
Ah I see. So he was within his legal rights to do this, but the DOJ forced him not to?

Well, this state is California. There's a reason that the 5th largest economy in the world is in a huge debt. Damn bearucrates.

delloro
12-13-2005, 3:19 PM
delloro; do you have anything useful to contribute?

yes, read the threads. shall I summarize it for you?

6172crew
12-13-2005, 3:27 PM
I called my favorite Senator today and also emailed him some of the things that the DOJ is doing, hes a good guy and Im sure 25 bucks into his campain and a email could help.

http://www.tommcclintock.net/step1.htm

Scatch Maroo
12-13-2005, 3:46 PM
I direct the person asking for the summary to click on Bill's excellent FAQ he has spent many many hours/days on.

It is on the top of EVERY SINGLE PAGE ON CALGUNS.NET.

Bill can be 'rough', but it's only because he is tired of repeating himself. He even constructed an FAQ so it doesn't have to be done, but someone nudges their fifth cousin across the state and says, "Go on Calguns, and get an AR!" and then everyone and their father posts on here asking "How?"

Think of CalGuns as a university lecture series: if you missed it on the day it was presented, the class notes are widely available, but the professor isn't going to repeat it, nor is he going to appreciate being asked. For those willing to do the research (which is not much effort at all, considering the FAQ), there is no need to ask questions pertaining to this subject any longer.

Hell, just imagine if all of these people fighting for answers re: ARs volunteered with the RKBA petition?

Scatch Maroo

elmo
12-13-2005, 3:52 PM
Ah I see. So he was within his legal rights to do this, but the DOJ forced him not to?

Well, this state is California. There's a reason that the 5th largest economy in the world is in a huge debt. Damn bearucrates.

then again, the united states of america, the worlds largest economy is in huge debt too :) sorry, just being a smartass

rkt88edmo
12-13-2005, 5:58 PM
I can't find my own ***, even though I am using both hands...will the FAQ help me?

Please don't ask people to RTFM it offends some very friendly people :rolleyes:

colossians323
12-13-2005, 7:15 PM
whats this thread about? Mod please delete.;)

tpliquid1
12-13-2005, 7:29 PM
whats this thread about? Mod please delete.;)

who we talking abuot?!?!?@!?#

jdberger
12-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Hell, just imagine if all of these people fighting for answers re: ARs volunteered with the RKBA petition?

Scatch Maroo
What?? :eek: There is an RKBA petition? Can someone summarize it for me?

JAMES77257
12-14-2005, 5:33 AM
http://www.tacr.us/

jdberger
12-14-2005, 9:44 PM
Sorry, teeny bit of sarcasm, there...

saki302
12-15-2005, 2:16 AM
God fearing? Now you're the one making big assumptions there. Lots of us here use bibles to prop up corners of our sofas.

Hey hey,

That's what the Quran is for!!

-Dave

saki302
12-15-2005, 2:19 AM
I can't find my own ***, even though I am using both hands...will the FAQ help me?

Butt-finder FAQ

1. Eat beans, chili, liver, and onoins. Mixed is preferable. Chase with whole milk.
2. Wait 3-4 hours.
3. Trace noise and smell. Enlist others to help if necessary. If others run screaming, light match- trace flame and heat.
:eek:

-Dave