PDA

View Full Version : Beretta PX4 storm vs CZ 75 P-01 9mm

kozumasbullitt
11-11-2009, 1:01 AM
I am trying to decide between these 2 guns for a fun, reliable and durable range gun in 9mm. I like each in their own way.

The PX4-
pros- I have only read good things about it, it seems easy to break down and clean, and i think it has a nice look to it.

cons- Looks similar to my other poly guns.

The CZ P-01
pros- Many reviewers place the CZ75 line at the top of the list and this one is NATO certified. I like the idea of a metal frame (i have only owned poly frames in the past) and the ability to change out the hand grips to wood.

cons- I have never owned a metal frame and i am worried about rust, i also am concerned on the finish quality.

any input would be great,
thanks

MRpink
11-11-2009, 2:26 AM
I have no experience with the PX4, but if you already have other poly guns, why not try an alloy one. The P-01 has an great rep (love mines), and the polycoat finish is durable, although it will wear down from normal holstering. I wouldn't worry to much about rust since you live in norcal, but a quick wipe down with breakfree clp/slip2000/etc. after some usage and you'll be fine.

3GunFunShooter
11-11-2009, 4:45 AM
Both are great guns, Get both, one in 9 and one in 40. Problem solved.

kozumasbullitt
11-11-2009, 7:21 AM
Unfortunatly I can't buy both, and I want to go 9mm on this gun. I guess I will have to just flip a coin.

gumby
11-11-2009, 8:52 AM
For what its worth, the px4 has a better trigger.

nn3453
11-11-2009, 9:02 AM
Go to the shop and try them for yourself. PX4s don't fit my hand well and feel weird. CZs seem more ergonomic. The CZ trigger is easy to work on and any good gunsmith can tune the double action for you.

thegrayham
11-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I have the PX4 in 9mm and love it. Only put about 500 rounds through it but it truly is a great gun. On the other hand I have no experience with the CZ so I can't compare the two. If your interested in a metal frame gun in the cz price point, the Beretta 92 is a pretty decent gun with a more then decent track record.

MAD SVT
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
Wheres mountain view? if your close to Orange county, i'll let you give mine a shot (pun intended haha) just meet at the range, ive only taken mine out twice cause i got it last week.

kozumasbullitt
11-11-2009, 11:13 AM
i went and picked up the px4 (well in 10 days from now :) ) the BAGV didnt have the cz p-01 in stock but i was able to compare the cz compact to the px4. the px4 feels very good in my hand and it was a little cheaper then what the p-01 would be.

kozumasbullitt
11-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Wheres mountain view? if your close to Orange county, i'll let you give mine a shot (pun intended haha) just meet at the range, ive only taken mine out twice cause i got it last week.

thanks for the offer. i am in nor cal but i went with the px4 (it looks even better in person.)

MRpink
11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
congrats! going with whatever feels better is the right way to go. for me, the p-01 feels like an extension of my hand.

leitung
11-11-2009, 1:58 PM
I dislike the fact that some CZs dont have a decocker..

I would go with the PX4 myself.

thegrayham
11-11-2009, 3:37 PM
Good choice on the PX4! Let us know when you get it out to the range.

MRpink
11-11-2009, 6:36 PM
I'm not sure about other czs but the p-01 has a decocker

pontiacpratt
11-11-2009, 9:14 PM
I love mine and you'll love yours. I know it.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o158/figgie1/jasonstuff/P1020470.jpg

smittty
11-11-2009, 9:57 PM
I am trying to decide between these 2 guns for a fun, reliable and durable range gun in 9mm. I like each in their own way.

The PX4-
pros- I have only read good things about it, it seems easy to break down and clean, and i think it has a nice look to it.

The CZ P-01
pros- Many reviewers place the CZ75 line at the top of the list and this one is NATO certified. I like the idea of a metal frame (i have only owned poly frames in the past) and the ability to change out the hand grips to wood.

cons- I have never owned a metal frame and i am worried about rust, i also am concerned on the finish quality.

thanks

I have the P-01 and just picked up a PX4 that I will shoot on Saturday. I'll let you know what I think of it afterwards.

jmf_tracy
11-11-2009, 10:02 PM

The PX4-

The CZ P-01

thanks

bummer, i am too late. you shoulda went with the P-01. BTW, it has an aluminum alloy frame therefore rust is not an issue on the frame. all guns have a steel slide. the finish is fantastic and i would not change out the grips because the grips that come with it are contoured nicely to make it fit just right in your hand. i am sure the that the gun you bought will serve you just fine, but you were so on the right track with the P-01.

locosway
11-11-2009, 10:46 PM

The PX4-

The CZ P-01

thanks

If you haven't rented a Storm, then you might want to do so. The one I rented was very unreliable and we were unable to put more than a few rounds through it. Now, I understand it was a range gun, but to me that's a good test to see how a gun holds up. I've yet to see any of the high end 1911's or other poly pistols act like the Storm did...

CZ is quality stuff. I think you'll be happier with one of them, and you'll save a couple bucks too.

Rekrab
11-11-2009, 10:51 PM
If the 9mm version is anything like the 40, those things are tighter than a bug's butt. When you get it wipe the factory grease off and lube it up to dripping. They like to be run pretty damp.

Mine is also really sensitive to limp wristing, but that might be the .40 caliber coming into play. If my wrist isn't perfectly stable, I'll get a failure to feed every time. Once I figured that out, it's been flawless.