PDA

View Full Version : Calguns, CGF, and the SHOT show. Seminar, perhaps?

CHS
10-29-2009, 2:31 PM
Something I just thought of.

People have been talking about a Calguns booth at the SHOT show, but I can think of something even better. How about a SEMINAR put on BY Calguns/CGF at the SHOT show to be used as an educational tool for dealers/distributors/manufacturers to learn about CA law and how they can make money by selling their products in CA with the right tweaks.

Maybe we could even get sponsors like Daniel Defense or LWRC involved, since they actively sell guns into California. Maybe JD Machine (formerly known as Kaiser Defense) could get a few minutes to explain how they actually manufacture AR receivers in the state.

Someone from the foundation can explain the legal landscape, a companies liability, and give some of the history behind the DoJ essentially giving up on fighting us.

7x57
10-29-2009, 2:44 PM
Something like "Doing business with California: how to support Gun Rights on the front lines and make money doing it."

I like it. :thumbsup:

7x57

CHS
10-29-2009, 2:53 PM
Something like "Doing business with California: how to support Gun Rights on the front lines and make money doing it."

Hell, that's the PERFECT title.

I'll even drive my own butt out to Vegas and put myself up in a room to be a presenter for this.

Unfortunately, while I do pretty good at public speaking, I REALLY suck at Power-point.

bwiese
10-29-2009, 3:12 PM
Yep, we're thinking about it. Time to get on it.

However, I'm not sure a CGF or CGN floor booth is that valuable esp considering costs.

Doing a few 20 min. "lay of the land" shows followed by Q&A from audience may be helpful.

TaxAnnihilator
10-29-2009, 3:21 PM
Great title, I would go there and sell 7x57's program to vendors. Those who have worked the gun shows with me know that I have little fear speaking up!

I will also fund my own trip.

The rules of the show do not indicate that an organization like CGN could get a booth though since technically CGN does not provide a product or service. I am sure that something could be worked out though since the NRA is there. Maybe a joint effort with the NRA Members Council of CA?

CHS
10-29-2009, 3:22 PM
However, I'm not sure a CGF or CGN floor booth is that valuable esp considering costs.

Doing a few 20 min. "lay of the land" shows followed by Q&A from audience may be helpful.

I agree. When a CGF/CGN booth was suggested, my initial thoughts were "waste of money", but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that a seminar type of thing could really be beneficial and we don't need a booth for that.

I like the idea of a more Q&A focus. Let them get all their weird pre-conceptions and misunderstandings out of the way with honest answers.

HCz
10-29-2009, 3:35 PM
+1 on seminar concept. I think NSSF has seminars. Might not draw a big crowd but it is something to think about. IIRC Ar15.com had a booth in the past. Good thing about the booth will be that there will be more traffic than the seminars.

7x57
10-29-2009, 3:57 PM
Gee, people wasting time on a merely *productive* idea that could get more guns into California and spread the word that California gunnies have not only NOT given up, but mean to fight and win? This, instead of marching to no effect except being made to look like loons?

Must be Calguns. :thumbsup:

You know, I think this is such a good idea I'd help out, except I think it needs to be done by lawyers and people in the industry.

I.e. people helping out on the front lines and making money doing it. :D

7x57

CHS
10-29-2009, 4:21 PM
You know, I think this is such a good idea I'd help out, except I think it needs to be done by lawyers and people in the industry.

Well, I'm now in the industry, and I've already gotten at least a couple companies to get their CA feet wet, so I'm totally game to help out on this :)

But yes, I would also love to work with a lawyer'ie type, or a CGF board member (Bill? Gene? Hellllooooo?) to get this done.

Ultimately, I will admit that this is a selfish idea aimed at directing more business our shops way, but I don't feel so bad about it because I think it will ultimately help the cause. It will also help to further inflate the numbers of guns in CA, which helps us out in court later down the road.

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

dantodd
10-29-2009, 6:56 PM
I'm decent with PPT, and I'm planning on being at the SHOT show. I'll be happy to contribute anyway I can.

bwiese
10-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Plans are afoot for a dog & pony show.

Gene probably can't make it so it'll be Bill and Oak or Wes etc. with PowerPoint presentation telling outta-state vendors/mfgrs etc that they should not sell to California because we need our preferred intermediary vendors to make a lot of money :)

Hmm, you think CAFR'd put on something like this, wouldn't you?

Oh. Yeah. No.

hoffmang
10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
We'll also be sending Jason Davis to accompany CGF and CGNers.

-Gene

jdberger
10-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm in.

Where do you want me?

Tables? Chairs? Lunch? Firedancing?

capntroy
10-30-2009, 2:28 AM
bweise - I'm sure that you guys have been in contact with NSSF, if not, they're making at least one or more conference rooms available during SHOT for unscheduled seminars and dog & pony shows, might be just the ticket.

Tue. Wed. & Thu., they're running pretty much all day seminars for retailers, that might be another venue.

The hot ticket would be to see if they can fit you in for 15 minutes during Monday's Shot Show University, big captive audience and such, even ATF is presenting then.

I'll be at SHOT and would be happy to chat with mfgr's and such if you want to supply some handout/press kits...

redneckshootist
10-30-2009, 5:17 AM
both me and chibipaw will be at the shot show. I would be willing to help in any way I can if y'all want it, and Im sure chibipaw will help too.