PDA

View Full Version : Bratton retires LAPD 10/31

1911su16b870
08-09-2009, 2:28 PM
Will be interesting to see the next generation of leadership and direction at LAPD post Bratton...

http://www.examiner.com/x-9449-LA-City-Hall-Examiner~y2009m8d6-LAPD-chief-retires

Los Angeles Police Department Chief, William J. Bratton announced Wednesday that he plans on resigning as LAPD chief. Bratton informed Mayor Villaraigosa Tuesday night after the Mayor returned from a vacation to Iceland that he plans to begin a new job at a private security firm and by October will terminate his position as chief of the LAPD.

Many leaders of civic and community organizations are saddened by the news of Bratton’s departure. Bratton was known for collaborating with priests and civic leaders in high crime communities to make them safer for its citizens. From the beginning of his reign as LAPD chief in 2002 violent crimes have dramatically dropped. According to statistics compiled in 2008 from the Los Angeles Police Department, all together violent crimes have dropped by 49%. In the past seven years homicides have dropped by 42%; forcible rape has dropped by 44%; robbery has dropped by 22%; and aggravated assault has dropped by 63%. As a result of Bratton’s leadership and effort to create a positive relationship between police officers and diverse communities, Los Angeles crime rates have fell to rates of the 1950s.

LAPD chief Bratton says, “I have an extraordinary leadership team. I have the best team in American policing, and I will advocate that they look to within the ranks of the LAPD for the next chief of police

J-cat
08-09-2009, 2:38 PM
Didn't he approve all that overtime for nothing?

Trigger Finger
08-09-2009, 3:36 PM
He said he could make more money in the private sector. I guess 340 thousand a year is not enough for him. One think I can say is that he was much, much better than Parks! Rumer is that the next chief will be hispanic.