PDA

View Full Version : Carrizo Creek Range?

bondmid003
08-06-2009, 7:16 PM
Anyone ever shot here before? Is it a nice place to shoot? People follow safety rules? Good and bad experiences here?

I've only shot at indoor ranges here in San Diego and they are always super packed on the weekend. Thanks for your help

Actually seems like its pretty far, if anyone knows any good ranges to shoot other than American Shooting Center or Discount Gun Mart, that would be helpful

Dismal_Scientist
08-06-2009, 7:29 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q="carrizo+creek"+site%3Acalguns.net

You might want to check out Project 2000 or South Bay Rod & Gun to avoid the crowds.

reddenedbeard
08-07-2009, 3:52 PM
Is Carrizo Creek open right now?

Brown Rock
08-07-2009, 4:27 PM
Orosco Ridge is (or was) another place to shoot. Looks like it has been shut down til November 5th. http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/shooting/index.shtml

ZepoL
08-07-2009, 5:07 PM
Is Carrizo Creek open right now?
+1

I would also like to know. I've yet to go shooting in a setting other than a range where you shoot from one stance/position.

2buckchuck
08-07-2009, 8:25 PM
Last I heard the boarder patrol closed it so they could patrol the area. As for a good alternative.. its not free.. but south bay rod and gun is nice. They dont care how you shoot as long as you hit your target.

ZepoL
08-07-2009, 9:53 PM
^Are you allowed to shoot objects other than targets at SBR&G? You know, like break stuff(no littering).

How about at Carrizo Creek?

ajaffe
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
The old carrizo creek where most people did their shooting is closed, there is one on the hill directly opposite from the one people usually shoot (with the border fence on the left hand side) at that is open. Search for a map and you will see what I mean.

2buckchuck
08-12-2009, 2:30 PM
^Are you allowed to shoot objects other than targets at SBR&G? You know, like break stuff(no littering).

How about at Carrizo Creek?

SBR&G only allows paper targets for the general public. The only other kind of target would be steel but you would need to belong to SASS or go to a rare IDPA shot.