PDA

View Full Version : Proper disconnector spring install on AR lower

SAN compnerd
06-04-2009, 11:22 AM
I read somewhere in here that the disconnector spring is supposed to be installed with the large end in the well in the trigger. I know the one I just assembled is opposite that. Can someone chime in and let me know which is correct? Thanks.

GMG
06-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I think the large end goes in first according to the instructions I read, it will snap into place.

Put my first lower together last nite.

GenLee
06-04-2009, 11:55 AM
The large end goes in the well. It should go in snug, and have some resistance when trying to pull it out.

JagerTroop
06-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I think the large end goes in first according to the instructions I read, it will snap into place.

Put my first lower together last nite.

Correct. The large end goes down. It will snap into place. Be sure you are using the correct spring. The bolt catch detent/plunger soring looks almost the same, but it is cylindrical, whereas the disconnecter spring is conical (cone shaped).

If you use the wrong spring, or instal the correct one upside down, your weapon may malfunction. Resulting in more than one round fired per trigger pull = Assault Weapon :eek:

SAN compnerd
06-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Thanks Troop,
That was part of my concern as I read about that exact malfunction in the Rifle forum and this was mentioned as a possible cause.

ar15barrels
06-05-2009, 2:05 PM
Resulting in more than one round fired per trigger pull = Assault Weapon :eek:

That's an invite to club fed for an illegal machine gun, not just an AW... :thumbsup: