PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of depts picking up new recruits?

Jamez
04-24-2009, 7:53 PM
I checked the POST website but from what I can tell over half of those postings are out dated.

I know Redding is hiring, and that's all i've found so far.

Thanks.

Bizcuits
04-24-2009, 8:23 PM
CHP is hiring like mad, I believe they still are trying to fill close to a thousands slots. Hell I know of 3 guys who've gotten picked up this year and none of them are desirables. Hell one had a lot of tickets. The CHP's budget was already established, so they are one of the few departments not facing cuts. Pretty much every other department is cutting personnell, stablizing with what they have or are hiring laterals from other departments who were let go.

Your best bet in my opinion would be go CHP, apply out of state or work on your resume until more departments open up recruiting.

A lot of departments like Sac SO, will show on their website they are hiring. Hell they'll even waste the money to test applicates, but in reality they aren't hiring.

bobfried
04-24-2009, 8:45 PM
Yup CHP is where it's at if you want to get picked up. Otherwise check the LOCAL website of each PD around your area and you'd be surprised how many will show up. The POST website is out dated and will not have the latest up to date bulleting and hirings of a local PD.

If you want to go federal than check out USAJOBS. Depending on your experience you can get all sort of interesting gigs out there with the feds. If you have no LE experience you can go BP, CBPO, Marshall, USSS and a few more as they all hire at the GS-5/7 level. An interesting note is that CBPO and BP have been shooting out wild rumors about GS-12 pay increases, that would make CBPO and BP the best places to work in the fed when it comes to pay versus difficulty level.

fullrearview
04-24-2009, 9:11 PM
Calopps.org updated often.

Paradise pd is hiring.

hayward just opened up, and they pay nearly 7k a month.

dodgeit101
04-26-2009, 1:50 AM
Do any of you guys know about the Cyber Crime division of the CHP? I'm going to graduate soon with a degree in Computer Science and I had a friend tell me if I joined up I could join the Cyber Crime division of the CHP with just my degree.

BigDogatPlay
04-26-2009, 10:50 AM
If you want to go federal than check out USAJOBS. Depending on your experience you can get all sort of interesting gigs out there with the feds. If you have no LE experience you can go BP, CBPO, Marshall, USSS and a few more as they all hire at the GS-5/7 level.

The US Marshal's Service and the Secret Service, like the FBI, DEA and BATFE, require at minimum a four year degree in hand. They also give strong preference to prior LEO experience. Uniformed law enforcement at the federal level is at a different entry standard from criminal investigators.

Uniformed services like Customs and Border Protection, Federal Protective Service, US Park Police and NPS LE Rangers offer a wide variety of roles and opportunities depending on what interests you have and where you want to live.

p24
04-27-2009, 10:04 PM
+1 for CHP... I applied last year in January, and was accepted for the July 08 Academy... Had it not been for Bum knees and tibial tendonitis, i'd be much happier, not to mention more financially secure.

DNA
04-29-2009, 5:21 PM
LAPD and LA Airport Police are still hiring.

Dan

Digital_Boy
05-13-2009, 11:02 AM
golawenforcement.com shows SDSO and SDPD with open positions. SDSO lists their training pay, but SDPD doesn't. Anyone have any idea what you make starting out on SDPD?