PDA

View Full Version : Gun Cartels

halifax
03-11-2009, 5:31 AM
While surfing the cable channels, I heard the words "ATF" and "guns". Of course, I had to stop and listen. CSPAN was covering a congressional hearing dealing with the Mexican violence problem.

One thing I heard was congressman Sam Farr (D-CA) asking the head of the Border Patrol what was being done about the [American] gun cartels. WTH.

First off, the Border Patrol's job is to look south for people illegally entering the US, not watch for people going south. Sam Farr was asking the wrong panelist. The Border patrol guy just sat there for a few seconds not saying a thing. Perhaps he understood it was a rhetorical question. Farr waited for an answer. Border Patrol guy said something like "you will need to ask ICE".

Secondly, and more importantly, Sam Farr introduced the term AMERICAN GUN CARTEL into the congressional record and current lexicon. Gee, why would that term bother me so much at this time?

I had to change the channel.

dwa
03-11-2009, 3:43 PM
that's a little nerve wracking.

rp55
03-11-2009, 4:07 PM
Sam Farr is an idiot. It's interesting that the American Conservative Union rates Nancy Pelosi as an 8 and Sam Farr as a 4 (lower is more liberal). I don't know how he stays in office as he has zero pull in DC and can't even bring the bacon home to his district. For example, they brought crews down from Alaska (of all places) to tear down some of the old buildings at Fort Ord because he couldn't get the work for a local outfit. What a maroon.

halifax
03-11-2009, 6:54 PM
AMERICAN GUN CARTELS. Frankly, Farr didn't come off as intelligent enough to string three words together let alone those three. What concerns me is that he heard it being used among other like-minded anti-gun types. I expect we'll be hearing it more often as things heat up.

ed bernay
03-12-2009, 7:11 AM
What Farr is trying to do is say firearms manufacturers in the US are morally equivalent to the drug cartels in Mexico. He is like most politicans in this country...a worthless piece of pig dung living off Americans' hard work. When will the people of CA vote this idiot out so he has to get a real job!!

hawk1
03-12-2009, 7:21 AM
AMERICAN GUN CARTELS= FFL dealers in his whacked mind...

halifax
03-12-2009, 9:13 AM
AMERICAN GUN CARTELS= FFL dealers in his whacked mind...

Not only HIS mind...

How about state or federal run gun shops? No more private sector.

Blackhawk556
03-12-2009, 1:39 PM
I had never heard of this term up until this thread, Farr is only trying to create a new term to make people think there is a huge problem here get people scared.

VW*Mike
03-12-2009, 4:06 PM
HAHAHA, this is all a joke. The story I read yesterday was they caught three guys smuggling 10 guns into Mexico. All handguns. I'm sure there are a majority of single individuals here that own that many alone! I take about twice that many or more on a shooting weekend! Its all B.S. If all they can manage to parade in front of the media is a couple guys moving what would be considered less then a private collection across the border, they have nothing.

halifax
03-12-2009, 5:17 PM
HAHAHA, this is all a joke. The story I read yesterday was they caught three guys smuggling 10 guns into Mexico. All handguns. I'm sure there are a majority of single individuals here that own that many alone! I take about twice that many or more on a shooting weekend! Its all B.S. If all they can manage to parade in front of the media is a couple guys moving what would be considered less then a private collection across the border, they have nothing.

They'll have this jerk (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=157616&highlight=mexico) to parade around too.