PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Derringer...

6LITEREATER
03-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I prefer something in a .45 but will consider a .38 but those are the only calibers I am interested in. Just looking for something fun and cheap that I can use at the range with ammo I already have for other guns.

Anyone?

gilroyguns
03-11-2009, 8:39 AM
i know its not the cal you were after but they are 22's and not a bad price and no reserve i was thinkin about them but if you want them i can back off (i dont really need them)

only concern is .........is the seller driving up the price, if you know what i mean !!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124557607

6LITEREATER
03-11-2009, 11:37 AM
i know its not the cal you were after but they are 22's and not a bad price and no reserve i was thinkin about them but if you want them i can back off (i dont really need them)

only concern is .........is the seller driving up the price, if you know what i mean !!!!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=124557607

Not what I am looking for but very cool nonetheless, thanks for the link!

Also, how does gunbroker work? I assume it is just like ebay but for guns right?

12voltguy
03-11-2009, 3:12 PM
I just bought a cobra 38 derrenger on GB, was only $164 shipped new & YES IT'S ON THE CA DOJ list....I get it friday
they come in black, matt ss and chrome
I bought black & will try out airbrushing zombie on this before my ar
perfect carry gun for me

6LITEREATER
03-11-2009, 3:30 PM
Shipped to you or a dealer?

12voltguy
03-11-2009, 3:38 PM
Shipped to you or a dealer?

shipped to my dealer
dealer charges me $25
+ std DROS of $25+10
so $60 for guns shipped to me
always cheaper then deals around here.
got my GSG-5 for $550 free shipping
ftf pvt pty trans fers are just the $25+$10 as mandated by the state
so I often buy guns FTF

6LITEREATER
03-11-2009, 3:45 PM
^^Gotcha. Local dealer has one for $175 so it just may be cheaper for me to go through them. Will probably do that in the next few days if I don't find a .45 on here...

12voltguy
03-11-2009, 3:55 PM
^^Gotcha. Local dealer has one for $175 so it just may be cheaper for me to go through them. Will probably do that in the next few days if I don't find a .45 on here...
be cool to get one in .45:)
wanted the 9mm one but it was not on "the list":rolleyes:

6LITEREATER
03-11-2009, 4:12 PM
be cool to get one in .45:)
wanted the 9mm one but it was not on "the list":rolleyes:

Didn't event think about the list... Can I not even have a .45 derringer out here in Kali?!

12voltguy
03-11-2009, 4:16 PM
Didn't event think about the list... Can I not even have a .45 derringer out here in Kali?!
I looked over the adds on GB & all I found in large calibers were not on list or gun makers not even listed.
Have hope the list gets abolished or we bypass it with NRFing frames soon:)

6LITEREATER
03-11-2009, 4:42 PM
^^So I guess I should just buy the .38 from the gun store while I can and maybe pick something else up later...

6LITEREATER
03-12-2009, 3:50 PM
^^Which is exactly what I just did ;) Forgot my d@mn handgun card though so I have to go back in a little bit so I can get it registered and start the 10 days of jail time...

I bought a Cobra .38 (since I found out there are no .45 makers on "the list"), looks just like this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e365/Jays_girl/derringer_bigbore.gif?t=1236901652

I almost bought the one like this:

http://www.concealgun.com/DisplayPic.aspx?PIC=52959

but decided the chrome was a little too flashy (don't want to be given away by a derringer) and also I'm too lazy to keep it clean, lol.

Also, the black one had better grips (fuller with thumb grooves) and the chrome one, while it looked cooler, had just flat black grips that felt like it would hurt like hell, lol!

I know I could have changed them out but would rather put money into my other guns than this.

I just wanted something easier to have around the apartment (just to give me time to get to the real guns) and also to put some snake shot in and use for long hikes/weekend camp outs.

Out the door it was $250 (includes tax and dros) which is a little more than I would have paid for one off the net but you pay for convenience and the ability to have a nice shop to go to anytime you want... I'm happy. We'll see how unhappy my hands are in 10 days ;)

12voltguy
03-12-2009, 4:30 PM
I got lucky, my black one has the black grips.
another option is snake shot 1st then a slug
for those that want less lethal, lol
snake shot in the face, then say " You want a real bullet next MR.BAD GUY?"
lolololololol, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
+ Derrengers are just plain OLD SKOOL COOL:cool:

6LITEREATER
03-12-2009, 5:53 PM
^^I was thinking that myself ;) Not to mention, can't really trace snake shot in case the "snake" tries to press charges, lol.

6LITEREATER
03-12-2009, 5:55 PM
I got lucky, my black one has the black grips.
another option is snake shot 1st then a slug
for those that want less lethal, lol
snake shot in the face, then say " You want a real bullet next MR.BAD GUY?"
lolololololol, Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
+ Derrengers are just plain OLD SKOOL COOL:cool:

The black grips are flat though with no thumb groove right? I've already been looking for grips but didn't see any. I'll probably just take this off and stain the wood with a black stain :thumbsup:

12voltguy
03-12-2009, 6:00 PM
The black grips are flat though with no thumb groove right? I've already been looking for grips but didn't see any. I'll probably just take this off and stain the wood with a black stain :thumbsup:

don't remember
mine gets out of 10 day jail tomorrow, if I catch him while he is loading up for a gun show, or I end up waiting till tuesday:(
He has my GSG 5 too:D
bought a HK 91 clone today, it will go good with the derrenger:D, lol