PDA

View Full Version : Keepers for Pressure Pads ?

MacDaddy
02-13-2009, 4:27 PM
Has anyone tried electrical shrink wrap tubing to keep your pressure pads where you want them? Aside from the typical velcro or adhesive, and the TangoDown grip, is there some other solution out there? I'm looking for something that will elegantly manage two pads on one vertical grip.

dieselpower
02-14-2009, 12:39 PM
The problem would be the shrink pressure vs the size. I have access to all sizes of shrink, but to get it to conform to the grip without looking ghetto would also put some serious pressure on the switch and probably turn it on.

What grip and where are you mounting the two switches?

dieselpower
02-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Inner-Tube rubber is an old favorite too.

MacDaddy
02-14-2009, 1:26 PM
The problem would be the shrink pressure vs the size. I have access to all sizes of shrink, but to get it to conform to the grip without looking ghetto would also put some serious pressure on the switch and probably turn it on.

What grip and where are you mounting the two switches?

I haven't decided on a grip yet. I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do before buying. All I know is that I have two pads -- one for the SureFire light, and one for the laser. What do most people do when they have two momentary switches they don't want to confuse? This is new to me. Never had all these optics and lights on a rifle before.

Inner-Tube rubber is an old favorite too.

Ooooh, great idea!

dieselpower
02-14-2009, 5:59 PM
Most do not have both on a pressure switch. I think the troops have them in two different places. Its not common and I guess you get used to which switch does what.

I like KISS myself, so I dont load down my weapon with stuff I will not need. I am over my own limit with a red dot and flashlight...LOL.

MacDaddy
02-14-2009, 8:55 PM
Yeah, I agree that KISS is smart, but this particular rifle is set up as a Swiss Army Knife for when the SHTF.

Thanks for the tips!

dieselpower
02-16-2009, 1:22 PM
Well look at it from a tactical point of view. We are talking Zombie hunting here.

You need a flashlight for fire control to ID threats via illumination of under 50 yards. Keeping the light always on is like a Christmas tree in the dark, "I am here". So you are going to want the pad in a position which allows on/off momentary operation. The place you hold your fore-grip is best, either VFG or hand-guards.

Now the laser is being used as a CQB instrument. It will be turned on and kept on for several seconds up to several minutes. Mount the switch where you can keep constant pressure on it. That's if you are using a momentary switch. I would mount it on the backside of the VFG, (palm pressure), while the light would be right side for finger pressure.

If you mount them on a Hand-guard set, I would put the FL on the right, finger pressure, and laser on the left, thumb pressure.

just my 2cent.

MacDaddy
02-16-2009, 4:01 PM
I like it.

aplinker
02-16-2009, 4:33 PM
TangoDown makes a rail cover pad keeper, as well as their VFG.

MacDaddy
02-16-2009, 5:07 PM
This SureFire (http://www.surefire.com/Remote-Dual-Switch-for-WeaponLight-SR07) rail-mount switch might be cool too.

aplinker
02-17-2009, 10:14 AM
This SureFire (http://www.surefire.com/Remote-Dual-Switch-for-WeaponLight-SR07) rail-mount switch might be cool too.

$80 for the switch, sure, but you also need the correct tailcap to go with it, or one of their weaponlights.

It will run about $200 by the time you finish.

175_MPH_SS
04-05-2009, 10:02 PM

I HAVE IT... AND YA ITS COOL! CLICKY FOR CONSTANT, PAD FOR MOMENTARY.:thumbsup:

MacDaddy
04-05-2009, 10:45 PM
FWIW, I ended up with a TangoDown VFG and used an inner tube to hold two pressure pads in place. Works perfectly.