PDA

View Full Version : NORCAL hunting?

sactowncanyonman
01-03-2009, 8:43 AM
Hello, all fist of all I'm new to the forums, my names nick and I'm very interested in hunting, preferable wild pig and deer, or anything to be taken with a rifle as I do not have a shotgun, I was wondering where the best place to go around me is, I'm in sacramento, oh and preferably the cheapest, I heard about fort hunter/liggett and I might go try that out, I was just wondering if there was anything around me, any information wil be helpfull, thank you

sargenv
01-06-2009, 6:50 AM
Unfortunately hunting and cheap are not synonymous. Best thing to do is try to find someone local to you who hunts and ask them to mentor you. Saving that, I think Fish and Game has some hunting information on their web site, and you might want to look into a guided hunt for your first time out. Unfortunately, it will likely not be cheap.

If I were to break down the cost of hunting ducks and geese, I should likely just go to the store and buy it.. but to me the meat is not the same and I also go for the experience.

I think the success ratio for the state of California for deer hunting is like 14% overall.. with the various hunting zones, that # can change dramatically. Usually the X zone hunts have a higher pecentage and the general zones like A and B have less success.

Gunaria
01-06-2009, 9:19 AM
Check this thread out. It will be perfect for you. Lots of info to be learned there.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=139770

sactowncanyonman
01-06-2009, 9:21 AM
Oh ill definitely be there