PDA

View Full Version : Featureless Grip Textures. Why not rubber

capitol
01-24-2018, 6:53 PM
All of the featureless grips are hard plastic (cheap) feeling just like the A2 grip that nobody uses.

Is there any featureless grips that have a rubber Hogue type of feel to them.

Gat Man
01-24-2018, 7:23 PM
I think over molded rubber would be a hit. I’ve been looking but haven’t came across one yet.

mnichols
01-24-2018, 7:40 PM
I've added grip tape to a couple of mine. Problem solved.

I like the granulate texture, but you can get rubberized texture as well.

Sparrow Dynamics
01-24-2018, 8:16 PM
Overmolded rubber is very expensive. We have done it before with other products in a different industry. It is basically two molds and two separate injections. You mold the plastic first. Then after they cool, you put them in a different press with a different mold tool and inject the rubber around it. It is awesome and has a great quality feel AND is totally doable IF you can benefit from economies of scale. For example, if you are selling a grip nationwide or worldwide, but if your quantitys are restricted to a small number of California AR owners who decided to go featureless (and not buy a grip fin or grip wrap or go with fixed mag options), then each grip would probably have to sell for double the cost and you still may not break even. Why double... because you would need to pay for double the molds and double the parts even though it is all one part. It is “double the fun”, if that makes sense.

We made our grip much higher quality feeling and looking than a standard A2 grip. It may not be over molded, but the texture was laser engraved into the mold tool and the glass reinforced nylon has a better feeling to it as well. We don’t think it is cheap feeling like the A2 at all, but I do know what you mean.

Califpatriot
01-24-2018, 9:31 PM
Have you tried the megafin? I accidentally happened upon it, but it does not feel cheap at all? Feels like a higher-end Magpul product.

Wombats Are Dangerous
01-24-2018, 9:43 PM

This is actually a great idea for the kydex wraps. Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier!

Scratch705
01-24-2018, 10:14 PM
just buy the paint can of the flex seal as seen on tv and dip your fin in it.

comifornia:(
01-25-2018, 2:34 PM

Yep added some skateboard tape to my exile and put a clear fin on a AK moe rubber grip.
https://i.imgur.com/66pCVzd.jpg?1
https://i.imgur.com/J5L5cJO.jpg?1

SISKIN
01-26-2018, 1:28 PM
went to big 5 got some turna-grip they use on tennis raquet's and or hocky sticks .. you can do 4-6 grips for about 10 bucks :cool:

dp2k11
01-26-2018, 1:50 PM
heres my grip wrap for the SI simple grip from handle it grips