PDA

View Full Version : HK service

bandogg
12-18-2008, 9:06 AM
Just sent in my busted USP 40 s&w to H&K repair dept in Georgia On the 16th. I was just going to have them fix the decocker problem, but then I thought why not just get a combat competition trigger. Then I wouldn't have to deal with the decocker at all :).

So when I called they said "three or four weeks" /sigh. But today i got a call sayn' they were done. Just needed to test fire it. And that they were going to ship it back to me today, and it will be back in Cali tomorrow. WOOOHOOO:party: what service.

I was under the impression it would take at least a week. But not even 24 hours, they just got the Pistol yesterday at 6:30 pm their time. Now thats what I call service. I am very pleased .:D

gorham105
12-18-2008, 9:50 AM
when I sent my usp compact for lem conversion I was told 3 weeks. they completed the work and i had my pistol in 3 business days.

vantage
12-18-2008, 9:53 AM
Agree. I've heard horror stories, but when I sent in a couple of pistols to have night sights installed I had a great experience.

HK's armorers were very fast and personally called to let me know they were done, had test shot my pistols for accuracy and everything functioned well. They were probably only out of my hands for less than 72 hours.

bandogg
12-18-2008, 9:59 AM
Agree. I've heard horror stories, but when I sent in a couple of pistols to have night sights installed I had a great experience.

HK's armorers were very fast and personally called to let me know they were done, had test shot my pistols for accuracy and everything functioned well. They were probably only out of my hands for less than 72 hours.

Yeah I have heard some bad things about HK CS. And with X-MAS and New Year comming I didn't think I would get it back any time soon. Looks like all that was FUD :). Looks like I will get a chance to test the CC trigger at the range this weekend:28:

PS: UPS had a problem with the weather while in route. So it delayed my delivery from 10:30am at morning to 6:30 at night. I wonder if I would have got it back today if not for the bad weather

ncmavtgun
12-18-2008, 2:00 PM
i have a full size USP 45 and i've been thinking about changing the trigger to a "match trigger".

Is it best to call H&K and send in the gun?

Is there any special shipping instructions for sending guns?
Can you just UPS ship it?
Do you know how much they charge for changing out the stock trigger to a match trigger set?

bandogg
12-18-2008, 2:51 PM
i have a full size USP 45 and i've been thinking about changing the trigger to a "match trigger".

Is it best to call H&K and send in the gun?

Is there any special shipping instructions for sending guns?
Can you just UPS ship it?
Do you know how much they charge for changing out the stock trigger to a match trigger set?

Yes , you need to call HK first (706)-568-1906 and get a ref # I shipped my UPS next day kinda pricey 74$.

Not sure how much they charged me for parts and labor, but IIRC was 249$ for parts, labor n shipping back to me. Told me over the phone it would be less:confused:120 parts 40 labor but sense my pistol was busted i guess thats where the xtra price came in.

Funny how when you have xtra money to spend seems what you want takes it all.

garion
12-18-2008, 3:13 PM
i haven't had any personal experiences with HK Customer Service...But i have heard very good things about them....most indicating that they were very fast when performing repairs etc...(all done within 3-7 days)

huna koa
12-18-2008, 10:21 PM
they installed the match trigger on my USP45FS; replaced some parts that were questionable[with my permission per phone call]..