PDA

View Full Version : Rumor or possible truth ?

M60A1Rise
09-06-2017, 3:04 PM
Was in a local Walmart last night talking to the ammo person who opens the cage for you. I mention to them how i've noticed they have been VERY WELL stocked these last few months and person said "Not set in stone but a possibility that Walmarts in Cali will stop selling ammo after Dec"

Anyone else hear something like this ? It will suck because at the least Walmart has good prices , they may not have brands or certain grain you'd like but the price is usually good.

Sapperforward
09-06-2017, 3:06 PM
My walmart guy told me they were getting new software and training certain employees to handle ammo sales. Same guys that do the fishing licences. But he could be wrong I suppose.

M60A1Rise
09-06-2017, 3:12 PM
I hope the software thing is the truth and it sounds like a good deal. I just kept wondering why there was so much ammo all of sudden so I asked , it seemed odd to me.

71MUSTY
09-06-2017, 3:12 PM
My Wallmart guy said he would ax his boss.

Erion929
09-06-2017, 3:29 PM
Was in a local Walmart last night talking to the ammo person who opens the cage for you. I mention to them how i've noticed they have been VERY WELL stocked these last few months and person said "Not set in stone but a possibility that Walmarts in Cali will stop selling ammo after Dec"

Anyone else hear something like this ? It will suck because at the least Walmart has good prices , they may not have brands or certain grain you'd like but the price is usually good.

Either way, are you putting your ammo future into ONE store? :confused:

Better stock up while you can.....use the Walmarts and local FFLs as needed, later.

beanz2
09-06-2017, 3:36 PM
My Wallmart guy said he would ax his boss.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/79/7a/b0/797ab03be84e5f39b665fbf32dfeb96c.jpg

:D

gringo m
09-06-2017, 3:46 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/79/7a/b0/797ab03be84e5f39b665fbf32dfeb96c.jpg

I don't think he axed you for your opinion.

KKsan
09-06-2017, 3:47 PM
I don't think he axed you for your opinion.

lol I was thinking "damn, his boss better watch out"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeepergeo
09-06-2017, 6:44 PM
Yeah, Walmart Corporate Brass regularly update all the individual store sales associates. Not. The local Walmart employees know nothing more about future Walmart plans than what you read in the newspaper.

Skip_Dog
09-06-2017, 6:46 PM
I will axe my brother in law. He works as a manager for Wally World. He should know or get a heads up. I will see him Saturday.

MarikinaMan
09-06-2017, 6:51 PM
Funny, Walmart will probably one of the few retailers that won't gouge the consumer. If they stop selling, it all over for the middle income shooter.

skyscraper
09-06-2017, 8:24 PM

The manager(sporting goods) at my local walmart told me that they plan on selling ammo next year and are going to comply with new law. So take that for what its worth.

smittty
09-06-2017, 8:53 PM
Dicks already frisks you, ask ID and requires you to check US Citizen/Resident or Alien, before they sell you ammo, so not much change in procedure for them!

I think there will be a lawsuit filed shortly so lets hope this one gets sidelined.

johnthomas
09-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Dicks already frisks you, ask ID and requires you to check US Citizen/Resident or Alien, before they sell you ammo, so not much change in procedure for them!

I think there will be a lawsuit filed shortly so lets hope this one gets sidelined.

I have bought ammo at Dick;s many times, they have never frisked me. You let them touch you?

randomBytes
09-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Consider it over for the "middle income shooter" then.
No way will the floor space pay for itself with these regulations.

Exactly as intended.

MrOrange
09-07-2017, 2:08 AM
Even if they do stop selling ammo altogether, it's bad news, but it will only affect some shooters. I can't even remember what decade it was when any Walmart anywhere close to me sold ammo.

Jak Nobody
09-07-2017, 7:50 AM
Yes, Walmart is going to continue to sell ammo come Jan 1. All employees who handle ammo and all upper management have to be live-scanned and get a CoE. It's already in the works.

Dutch Henry
09-07-2017, 9:11 AM
If you're interested in shooting, my advice is to buy what you need now; especially shotgun ammo and rimfire. Then start buying reloading gear and components.

Sapperforward
09-07-2017, 10:20 AM
If you're interested in shooting, my advice is to buy what you need now; especially shotgun ammo and rimfire. Then start buying reloading gear and components.

And that plan should have started last year, not just today.

mikeyr
09-07-2017, 10:38 AM
I will axe my brother in law. He works as a manager for Wally World. He should know or get a heads up. I will see him Saturday.

if you axe your brother in law, shouldn't it be "He should know or off with his head" ?
:)
By the way, in most places its against the law to axe your brother in law, what kind of guns you got ? I might be willing to store them for you :)

omega
09-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Sept - Oct should be a good time to stock up (ASAP)

Nov - Dec might see some last minute hoarding (you snooze you lose)

dont be the guy that reports the shelves are empty or they pulled the ammo

it seems random stuff like that happens when things are looking good? one day it's just fine, the next day / week it's gone!

racinjason233
09-07-2017, 10:59 AM

did you offer to pay for the goods he was stealing?

22LR stock is nearly complete for a lifetime!

Everything else I make at my reloading bench already anyway.

CouchOperator
09-07-2017, 11:16 AM
At the same time, ammo is only a microscopic portion of the profits that walmart makes. It may be all you buy there, but to them the profits from ammo is peanuts

Endless
09-07-2017, 11:19 AM
It's so sad seeing Californians freaking out over ammo when it will be as easy as buying out of state, regardless of state law. 90% of Californians will skirt that new rule when it comes out and I don't blame them. 90% of Californians already don't abide by state law here. You see it everyday at the range.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Clintbeastwood
09-07-2017, 12:21 PM
I will axe my brother in law. He works as a manager for Wally World. He should know or get a heads up. I will see him Saturday. That would be awesome if your brother in law can get us an "inside" update

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

guhuna
09-07-2017, 2:05 PM
Even if they do stop selling ammo altogether, it's bad news, but it will only affect some shooters. I can't even remember what decade it was when any Walmart anywhere close to me sold ammo.
I was thinking the same thing, I've never bought ammo at Walmart because they refuse to sell it in Contra Costa County for some reason. The lady at the Antioch store told me it was because some nutjob grabbed a shotgun and ammo and went on a shooting spree. :facepalm:

M60A1Rise
09-07-2017, 3:14 PM
Yeah I have so much shotgun stuff I actually gave some away to a member here awhile back for lack of space. My .223/.556 and 22lr is good too go , but I recently picked up a G19 and am starting the run on 9mm storage.

I just refuse to pay a fee to buy ammo i'm sorry. Maybe i'm cutting off my nose to spite my face but it is what is. All these fees for everything is starting to get me warm. I have storage ammo and range ammo sorted out and I feel comfortable for now. Just need to start the 9mm run. If all else fails maybe i'll get my wife and kids to move and we won't have to worry anymore.

M60A1Rise
09-07-2017, 3:16 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I've never bought ammo at Walmart because they refuse to sell it in Contra Costa County for some reason. The lady at the Antioch store told me it was because some nutjob grabbed a shotgun and ammo and went on a shooting spree. :facepalm:

Go figure a similar thing happened with an axe or a baseball bat at the Lakewood Walmart IIRC. All bs aside Walmart is Walmart but sometimes the price is right.

HOGDOG1955
09-07-2017, 3:29 PM
both salinas walmart store managers told me that direction from corporate is they will do what it takes to sell ammo in california. i know here in salinas the new turners will be right next door to walmart. so buy your guns at turners then go next door to walmart where the ammo will be way cheaper. right down the street is dicks and wlamrts everyday ammo prices are normally lower than dicks sale price on most ammo, except black friday etc. and big five who is higher than dicks. so in salinas walmart would be silly to not sell ammo still. and it will most likely be our cheapest legal ammo seller.

stevebla
09-07-2017, 3:36 PM
I bet .05 that walmart keeps selling ammo in CA.

71MUSTY
09-07-2017, 4:00 PM
It will be nice to use enough ammo I can get a car in the garage again.

Jak Nobody
09-07-2017, 6:40 PM
Twenty five years ago in California, you could buy a full size Beretta 9mm pistol.

One day, in the early 2000's, all the long guns disappeared overnight, and there were paper signs in the empty long gun cabinet that said that the employees were being "re-trained".

Guess what? The long guns never came back!

Do people really have faith that a mass retailer like Walmart is going to devote floor space and trained employees to the task of selling ammo in California, while they can make more money filling an equal amount of floor space with the latest Oreo cookie and Dorito varieties?

As I said above, Walmart is going to continue to sell ammo come Jan 1. It's already in the works.

Joshua Tree
09-07-2017, 6:48 PM
As I said above, Walmart is going to continue to sell ammo come Jan 1. It's already in the works.

Oops! Sorry Jak, I deleted my post that you quoted. I hope you are right.

AGGRO
09-08-2017, 6:29 AM
I'm hording .22 and have years worth of reloading components. Don't be the guy left in the motel when the hurricane hits.