PDA

View Full Version : Glock Nightsight Recommendation

mark2203
12-09-2008, 4:04 PM
I'm looking for some feedback from people who are using nightsights. My criteria are ease of installation and just general visibility for someone with 20/20 vision. I've looked at the factory Glock, Trijicon, XS Sight and Meprolight but, unfortunately, they are not something I've been able to see at my local gunshop. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks guys...Mark

BamBam-31
12-09-2008, 4:10 PM
I like Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8's. Very clean sight picture during the day, quick dot-above-dot sight picture at night. "Ease of installation" depends on the installer--I installed Heinies on all my Glocks myself w/ a punch and vise (and the little wrench they provide for the front sight).

rodog
12-09-2008, 8:21 PM
I have both Trijicon and Meprolights, both work well and had them installed as part of the deal of purchasing through a store (plus I didn't want to screw up the finish). On my next set I am considering a different front color for contrast. BTW, my Trijicons were placed on a first gen Glock a couple of months after purchase and they are still bright in low light.

loosewreck
12-09-2008, 8:35 PM
I've had Trijcons and currently have True Glow TFOs.

The Trijicons were very bright and easy to install, but I didn't have them on for very long and switched to the TFOs right away.

I'm a bit disappointed with the TFOs, they were great for the first month then, the front tritium started getting way dimmer than the rear sights, which are extremely bright in contrast.

They're really great in the day though, just like any other fiber optic sights.

I've emailed Truglo about the problem about a month ago and still haven't gotten a response.

SVRider
12-09-2008, 9:42 PM
I like Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8's. Very clean sight picture during the day, quick dot-above-dot sight picture at night. "Ease of installation" depends on the installer--I installed Heinies on all my Glocks myself w/ a punch and vise (and the little wrench they provide for the front sight).

Heinies are my nightsight of choice. I love the two-dot setup....fast and no confusing the front and rear sights. If you see only one dot, it's the rear, if you see two, it's the front on top of the rear. The front is slightly larger and has a silver ring around it, so it draws your eye to it both in good light and dim light. I have them on several pistols already and plan to purchase them for any future pistols I put night sights on....

Just my $0.02.....

FYI, Springfield ships them on some XD models from the factory. If you can find a shop with an XD with Heinies, you can at least see what the sight picture is like and decide for yourself...

Good luck with your decision.

Doheny
12-09-2008, 9:46 PM
I have Trijs, but if I had to buy them again, Id buy the Meps. With Trijs, the white ring is painted; with Meps its actually plastic that the tube in inserted into. The white ring on Trijs can wipe off as it has with mine.

randy
12-10-2008, 2:02 AM
+1 to BamBam

For a Glock the Heinies are hard to beat.

mark2203
12-10-2008, 6:14 AM
It's the first I've heard of Heinies but if a majority of you guys recommend it, I'll go with it.

BamBam-31
12-10-2008, 9:12 AM
Go with what you like. It's not a popularity contest. :p

wildcard
12-10-2008, 9:19 AM
I prefer the Trijicon Novak sights for my G35.

SVRider
12-10-2008, 10:05 AM
It's the first I've heard of Heinies but if a majority of you guys recommend it, I'll go with it.

Try to go out and see them before deciding, don't go blindly on others recommendations.

The recommendations help you narrow down what others think you should look at, but the final decision needs to be yours....

Good luck!

BTW.....the Heinies have a silver metal ring surrounding the tritium vials, not paint nor plastic. Really helps to make the sights stand out, especially the front since it is larger in diameter....

Black Majik
12-10-2008, 10:06 AM
+1 to Heinie Straight 8's.

wilshire1412
12-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I have a set of Heinie's Slant Pro Straight 8 sights on one of my Glock pistols, I like them better than most other options available. I think they are reasonably priced at around $110- for the set, just a little bit more than the Trijicons.

jazman
12-10-2008, 10:13 AM
I have the Trijicons on my G19, they work very well for me. Easy to see day and night. I agree with the others, if you can, shoot guns with the sights you are interested in and go with what works best for you.

hkfooey
12-10-2008, 10:29 AM
I have Trijicon on ALL my handgun... good stuff. :)

Paul Pechner
12-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm looking for some feedback from people who are using nightsights. My criteria are ease of installation and just general visibility for someone with 20/20 vision. I've looked at the factory Glock, Trijicon, XS Sight and Meprolight but, unfortunately, they are not something I've been able to see at my local gunshop. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks guys...Mark

PM sent.

domokun
12-10-2008, 1:44 PM
Dawson Precision sights fitted for you Glock.

E. Fudd
12-10-2008, 2:23 PM
+1 Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8's. They have a wider and deeper rear notch than either Trij, Mepro, or Novaks, making for faster sight acquisition. (I have all four makes on different Glocks.) I use the Heinie's Straight 8's on my comp guns as well.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
12-10-2008, 3:56 PM
Trijicons are brighter IMHO but you may want to take a look at Ameriglo as you can install those yourself, no gunsmithing tools required.

PLINK
12-13-2008, 12:58 AM
I like the Warren Tactical sights. Tritium front and blank rear or the two lamp system.

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

The Heinie straight 8's are nice too.