PDA

View Full Version : SigSauer new reloading brass

hotrail
07-13-2017, 9:55 AM
Does anyone have experience with SigSauer brand new umprimed 223 cases? Looks like maybe its a new item for Sig. They look pretty nice; claim to be premium quality USA-made brass...Exceptional neck concentricity and wall thickness consistency...Case weight and interior volume held to strictest tolerances...Induction mouth annealed....Flash holes precision-pierced for proper alignment and concentricity...If you use these cases, you will get all the girls...

Who do you suppose makes it for Sig? Do you think it is as high quality as they say? It looks great but of course since its annealed its not all nice and shiny....

Also, I think the consensus is one should still size new brass, right?

stilly
07-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Well, if it is ANYTHING like their P320, then I would say the box makes them look good, the HYPE is all over, but when you load them up, your pills will fall out of the end of the barrel with a PLOOP sound...

hehehehe.

hotrail
08-13-2017, 5:40 PM
Bump. Anyone have experience or thoughts about this brass? I mean, besides the usual comments from the peanut gallery...

stilly
08-14-2017, 12:59 AM
A BUMP? REALLY? wow.

I rarely speak of all of the hype that I bought into with SIG. I like the Sig pistols, but not the P320 and I should have gotten a Witness Hunter Gold Cup Elite in 10mm or whatever for $1700.

I would not buy Sig brass at all. FOR THE VERY REASONS I just mentioned. It is probably all hype and your brass is probably going to be the same as Remington or Winchester. I also would not put it past them to require that you buy THEIR primers as well available in SIG223 since it is between a LRP and a SRP.

I would compare the Sig brass to the Starline brass, and then buy the Starline...

And seriously, a bump within 24 hours is against the rules and found in the for sale threads... When folks have enough of an opinion for you they will respond. So chill and be patient Grasshoppa. Everytime someone replies, the thread goes to the top. If nobody replies, then the thread is not as important as other threads, so it slowly and gently floats down until someone feels like adding to it. If people decide to ask questions and then they chime in every few hours to keep their thread at the top, by not adding anything to it but "bumps" then it pushes more important threads with better information farther down and off to another page. That is why you do not "bump" discussion threads...

And since I have put my high opinion of Sig and their marketing practices in this thread already, I am done here. Why not buy a small bag and see how the brass is and then report back with what you liked about it and what you did not like about it. Then you could add in relevant data to your thread and keep it alive unless others feel the need to go out and test it out and chime in as well.

Good luck in your decision whatever it may be.

acepilot55
08-14-2017, 4:59 AM
A BUMP? REALLY? wow....

And seriously, a bump within 24 hours is against the rules and found in the for sale threads... When folks have enough of an opinion for you they will respond. So chill and be patient Grasshoppa. Everytime someone replies, the thread goes to the top. If nobody replies, then the thread is not as important as other threads, so it slowly and gently floats down until someone feels like adding to it. If people decide to ask questions and then they chime in every few hours to keep their thread at the top, by not adding anything to it but "bumps" then it pushes more important threads with better information farther down and off to another page. That is why you do not "bump" discussion threads.

Maybe the dates are wrong... but it sure looks like a month between your last post and his bump.

I've seen people bump their threads by posting some half-azzed comment under the guise of making it not look like they're bumping their thread. At least this guy was out in the open with it.

BigBronco
08-14-2017, 6:13 AM
:lurk5:

Waiting for FGuffy to weigh in.

hotrail
08-14-2017, 8:49 AM
A BUMP? REALLY? wow.

And seriously, a bump within 24 hours is against the rules and found in the for sale threads... When folks have enough of an opinion for you they will respond. So chill and be patient Grasshoppa. Everytime someone replies, the thread goes to the top. If nobody replies, then the thread is not as important as other threads, so it slowly and gently floats down until someone feels like adding to it. If people decide to ask questions and then they chime in every few hours to keep their thread at the top, by not adding anything to it but "bumps" then it pushes more important threads with better information farther down and off to another page. That is why you do not "bump" discussion threads...

Thanks for your big lecture but if you would read, I bumped the thread after 30 days, and not a single response since the original post containing any useful information.

Cheers

divingin
08-15-2017, 9:04 AM
not a single response since the original post containing any useful information.

Probably because A) It's a new product, so nobody's tried it yet, and B) the touting that Sig did about their brass is exactly the same as every other brass manufacturer/reseller, which is not a big reason to try it.

Have yet to see someone advertise their product as "has a little case mouth runout, we limit non-concentricity to just a few thousandths, and can't really be bothered to weigh the finished brass." They all say they're the greatest manufacturer, making the best product.

If you want to use it, use it. Maybe you can be the first to give a review of the stuff.

stilly
08-20-2017, 3:12 AM
Thanks for your big lecture but if you would read, I bumped the thread after 30 days, and not a single response since the original post containing any useful information.

Cheers

So you still have not bought any then huh?

And good for you for waiting 30 days before any reply. But it still looks like the thread aint really going anywhere. Kinda like the jabs you keep taking.

:cheers2:

Mr Acepilot, you could very well be correct. Which was weird because it was middle if not near the top of the first page. And then 5-6 hours after I post he bumped it. Which is odd. Awell, Ya win some ya lose some.

I still would not buy any sig brass though.