PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Scrambles for More Time and Money to Set Up “Assault Weapon” Registration System

Kestryll
06-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Breaking: DOJ Scrambles for More Time and Money to Set Up “Assault Weapon” Registration System

Legislators “gut and amend” a budget bill to extent the registration deadline from December 31, 2017 to June 30, 2018

Under current law, the period for registering firearms that have been newly designated as “assault weapons” by laws passed in 2016 runs from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. But so far, the California Department of Justice (DOJ) has failed to set up the process to register firearms meeting the new definition of “assault weapon,” and it seems they now admit that they can’t get it done on time. So DOJ wants 2.6 million dollars just to get it done later.

Regulations that would set up the “assault weapon” registration process (in addition to regulations unrelated to registration) were only recently submitted by the DOJ to the Office of Administrative Law (“OAL”) (the state agency who reviews proposed regulations and oversees the process by which state agencies create regulations). OAL is reviewing the regulations, and if OAL accepts them, Californians (under the current law) would have about 6 months (until 12/31/17) to register their firearms as “assault weapons.”

Since DOJ won’t be able to handle the “assault weapon” registration paperwork and workload on that schedule, DOJ is seeking a legislative change to extend the “assault weapon” registration deadline until June 30, 2018, and a 2.6 million dollar budget allocation to fund the process.

The legislature appears ready to pass a law extending the registration deadline and to give DOJ the money.

In January 2017, DOJ sent a “Budget Change Proposal” to the Department of Finance to request more money to cover the costs of setting up the “assault weapon” registration system and hiring new employees to process the registrations. But DOJ was way late on this financial request, because California gun owners should have already been able to register “assault weapons” by then! Remember, these laws were signed by Governor Brown back in July 1, 2016. At that time, DOJ already knew that it did not have the money or the manpower to process “assault weapons” registrations as the new law required. So these issues involving money and regulations should have been addressed long before January 2017.

Requesting the money after a process should have started is yet another example of DOJ’s inability to manage the firearm regulatory process and related fiscal management.

DOJ’s request for money has made its way into the current budget bills: Assembly Bill 96 and Senate Bill 72. But the current budget bills will not become law (the California Constitution requires the bills to clear the legislature by June 15th and signed by the governor before the next fiscal year) until July 1, 2017. This means that DOJ will not have access to the money they need to implement the “assault weapon” registration process until after July 1. That would leave California gun owners with less than 6 months to register their firearms, and the DOJ would not be able to set up the process in time to handle the paperwork and register the firearms before the end of 2017. DOJ plans to hire the 27 new employees to process “assault weapon” registrations.

This problem was highlighted in a recent hearing before California Senate Subcommittee No. 5 on May 4th, at which extending the “assault weapon” registration period was discussed. Following that May 4th meeting, DOJ resubmitted their new “assault weapon” regulations on May 12, 2017 to OAL. OAL is expected to make their decision on the regulations on or before June 26, 2017.
Regardless of whether the legislature allocates the time and money for DOJ to do its job, the CRPA / NRA legal team is preparing a lawsuit to challenge the regulations, and has already filed a Second Amendment lawsit challenging the “assault weapon” law in its entirety.
Thank you for your continued support and please share this message so that others can join us in this critical fight for freedom.

Maltese Falcon
06-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Haha, idiots in action.

nedro
06-10-2017, 10:23 AM
I wish you luck.

XDJYo
06-10-2017, 10:28 AM
$2.6 million to be allocated? Someone better tell Jerry Brown. Isn't that money supposed to fund his train set?

Maltese Falcon
06-10-2017, 10:29 AM
The only thing this really means is that CA can and will give more money to this and get it done no mater how long it takes. And with zero resistance from any CA legislator.
The ammo ban, on the other hand is going strong!

Ready to make my "Final Destination" ammo buy in a few months...

2-3 $K. YMMV

nedro
06-10-2017, 10:30 AM
I was frustrated and then changed my post.

bababoris
06-10-2017, 10:38 AM
State is a complete joke yet no one cares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdtompki
06-10-2017, 11:07 AM
No one gets demoted. No one gets fired. They work for "us". We pay for this incompetence.

Danodog
06-10-2017, 11:58 AM
I can hardly wait to see our single payer health care system.......

How does one convey sarcasm on a forum?

rm1911
06-10-2017, 12:04 PM
No one gets demoted. No one gets fired. They work for "us". We pay for this incompetence.

Um, no. They rule us. We serve them. Get it straight peasant.

Tasty
06-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Maybe wrap it with ?

Wow, the state sucks at doing what it says it'd do by the time it said it'd do it. I'd be shocked if anyone was actually surprised by this news.

madjack956
06-10-2017, 12:08 PM
It would be epic if they hired these new people and spent all this money and not one single person registered.

BigStiCK
06-10-2017, 12:10 PM

You're doing just fine. Typically tho, when dealing with the common LibTard/ProgTard, :facepalm: and :rolleyes: are used. :mad: and :censored: are also used to convey ones's mounting frustration at their ineptitude.

:wacko: and :pinch: were created specifically for us Non-shallowenders when attempting to comprehend ProgTard "Logic".

YMMV.

Bullets&Whitewalls
06-10-2017, 1:49 PM
It would be epic if they hired these new people and spent all this money and not one single person registered.

This is my hope right here.

Cato
06-10-2017, 2:20 PM
Wow, who knows what's going on?

1. DOJ could just be incompetent - just getting tangled in their own web.
2. There's a pro 2A state employee, on our side dragging his feet.
3. DOJ sees too many holes in their law/reg system. Already there's Cali legal ARs/AKs on the market. The California gun market is too big to be overlooked by firearm dealers. Sure some out of state dealers shy away from California, but the ones interested in our money find a way. There were fortunes made back when OLLs came back.

The only way to get rid of ARs/AKs from California is to ban the sale and possession of all firearms by all people in the state. The state would have to go door to door and search every single home. California would have to build a wall that would keep guns from flowing in from Arizona, Nevada, and Washington, yet with little doggie doors for illegal aliens to come and go.

Of course the mono labe crowd will start shooting. If California moves any closer to that, the Supreme Court would stop that (I hope).

Tasty
06-10-2017, 2:33 PM

Yes it would. And I would love to see this, unfortunately there's a whole gaggle of people here who are making the case that registering is the better option.

bbodybill
06-10-2017, 2:44 PM

LOUD and CLEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ENUF of this.... KRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD !

bbodybill
06-10-2017, 2:47 PM
WIILLLLLL Kick their ASSSSSSSSSSS

Oceanbob
06-10-2017, 2:56 PM
Thanks for the update Kestryll.....much appreciated...

I'am not sure hiring 27 more people is going to be easy. Will they have a training period and how knowledgeable will they be concerning questions from citizens?

I can see a bump in that road.

Be well

Bob.
:cool2:

ugimports
06-10-2017, 3:06 PM
Thanks for the update Kestryll.....much appreciated...

I'am not sure hiring 27 more people is going to be easy. Will they have a training period and how knowledgeable will they be concerning questions from citizens?

I can see a bump in that road.

Be well

Bob.
:cool2:

I doubt those 27 people are being hired to answer a single question. I think they are just there to review submissions, make sure photos look right, maybe run some BGCs through the same process done today for new purchases, etc..

Skalinas
06-10-2017, 3:15 PM
This money could be better spent on homeless shelters or any other good cause, but no, the ********s in this state would rather harass gun owners by throwing money at their ineffective legislation.:facepalm::censored::rant:

Cato
06-10-2017, 3:53 PM
I doubt those 27 people are being hired to answer a single question. I think they are just there to review submissions, make sure photos look right, maybe run some BGCs through the same process done today for new purchases, etc..

These temp gov't employees often aren't high quality hires.

Often they are part of some welfare to work program or similar.

I certainly don't trust them with my personal information.

Imagine if all the guys who register end up getting fraud alert calls from their banks asking if they bought 25 iphones at an Inglewood T Mobile.

Discogodfather
06-10-2017, 4:20 PM
Another dimension worth noting is that they asked for 2.6 million, as part of an internal loan, in order to facilitate the registration. Since the process is so complex and little to nothing has changed in terms of underground regulations and even writing law into the regulations, combine this with the new timeline and total lack of transparency and non-existent public knowledge of what's happening.

So they asked for 2.6 million to get money to facilitate 1.5 million registrations from 250,000 owners. That's how they did the math and projected their budget. They expected to pull in 3.7 million from those $15 reg fees.

What happens when they don't get anywhere near 1.5 million registrations? What if it's significantly less and they can't even justify their budget? Is this part of a plan?

My spidey sense tells me that this is the way it's going to go. And at that point, they will blame the public for not participating more in the registration. After the period closes, legislators will introduce new feature redefinition bans and possible a 2013 SB374 style fixed magazine mandate. At that time they will NOT open the registration period ever again, claiming that the last time was a disaster and no one wanted to register.

The question is simple: if they clearly do not want us to register, than why should we not register? If they think it's a safe base for AW, then that's something to take advantage of, or at least keep as an option for some of the collection.

BAJ475
06-10-2017, 4:28 PM

Sounds easy enough. How do I apply? I could use the extra income to supplement my SS. Or do you think that as a Veteran and one who has personally assembled over a dozen ARs I would be deemed "Over Qualified"?:D

bababoris
06-10-2017, 4:35 PM
Another dimension worth noting is that they asked for 2.6 million, as part of an internal loan, in order to facilitate the registration. Since the process is so complex and little to nothing has changed in terms of underground regulations and even writing law into the regulations, combine this with the new timeline and total lack of transparency and non-existent public knowledge of what's happening.

So they asked for 2.6 million to get money to facilitate 1.5 million registrations from 250,000 owners. That's how they did the math and projected their budget. They expected to pull in 3.7 million from those $15 reg fees.

What happens when they don't get anywhere near 1.5 million registrations? What if it's significantly less and they can't even justify their budget? Is this part of a plan?

My spidey sense tells me that this is the way it's going to go. And at that point, they will blame the public for not participating more in the registration. After the period closes, legislators will introduce new feature redefinition bans and possible a 2013 SB374 style fixed magazine mandate. At that time they will NOT open the registration period ever again, claiming that the last time was a disaster and no one wanted to register.

The question is simple: if they clearly do not want us to register, than why should we not register? If they think it's a safe base for AW, then that's something to take advantage of, or at least keep as an option for some of the collection.

Queue a response by and a month long debate with meno377

BluNorthern
06-10-2017, 4:48 PM
if they clearly do not want us to register, than why should we not register?xWGAdzn5_KU

drumngun
06-10-2017, 5:01 PM
I personally cannot believe that anyone WOULD register their weapons voluntarily have we not learned a thing? I know, I know there are some here that are about to let me have it so...go for it! as long as you can look in the mirror everyday and try and convince yourself you did the right thing for yourself and your children then by all means register away.

Discogodfather
06-10-2017, 5:04 PM
Wow, a video instead of a meme. Still no ideas though, out in the patriot wilderness.

xWGAdzn5_KU

M1NM
06-10-2017, 5:14 PM
$2.6 million to be allocated? Someone better tell Jerry Brown. Isn't that money supposed to fund his train set?

Nah - your new gas tax at work.

Dano3467
06-10-2017, 5:15 PM
The blind leading the croniclly stupid in CA government.

Buy hey we get a train no one wants, so lose lose right.

OMG.....CA sucks

doggie
06-10-2017, 5:18 PM
Anyone who registers is just asking for their life to be ruined one way or another. It's inevitable when you get yourself involved with government bureaucracy. I will not be registering anything other than my vehicle with the boobs in Sacramento.

Discogodfather
06-10-2017, 5:20 PM
Anyone who registers is just asking for their life to be ruined one way or another. It's inevitable when you get yourself involved with government bureaucracy. I will not be registering anything other than my vehicle with the boobs in Sacramento.

Registered in 2000, life not ruined yet. Want to come over and see my standard rifle? Bet you don't have one or any of the other no-register types.

mjmagee67
06-10-2017, 5:25 PM
Don't worry all, they will be back for more time and money.....a lot more money.

BluNorthern
06-10-2017, 5:26 PM
Wow, a video instead of a meme. Still no ideas though, out in the patriot wilderness.

Maybe you should look at your words I quoted and Custers response in the video and think about how ridiculous you sound.

You feel the need to kneel before the likes of Newsom, Leon, and the rest, by all means do it. Personally, I'm sick and tired of your trying to convince people here to register with your constant barrage of pro registration posts.

And my solution? It's obvious to anyone who's read my posts what my position is.

"Patriot Wilderness "? Another jab from you aimed at us rural folk that choose to exercise our freedom of choice. That attitude is what Gavin Newsom calls the "Coastal Elite"...of which he is the ultimate example.

doggie
06-10-2017, 5:29 PM
Registered in 2000, life not ruined yet. Want to come over and see my standard rifle? Bet you don't have one or any of the other no-register types.

I have a rifle with a normal mag release. It just doesn't have a pistol grip. It has a Hera stock and I'm fine with it that way. What I'd really like to have is a full-auto select fire, but of course we can't in this state. Bet you don't have one of those.

greensoup
06-10-2017, 5:34 PM

I could be wrong but I recall that they could raise the reg fee if they were running short of money.

So late registration charges may rise as collected funds run under expected?

1859sharps
06-10-2017, 5:38 PM
of course there is a very easy and inexpensive way out of this....

repeal the law that banned bullet buttons.

Librarian
06-10-2017, 5:43 PM
of course there is a very easy and inexpensive way out of this....

repeal the law that banned bullet buttons.

No law banned bullet buttons. They were, and remain, perfectly legal to own and have on a rifle.

They no longer serve as a work-around for the 'can accept a detachable magazine' idea, since that idea was removed from the law for centerfire semiautomatic rifles.

BAJ475
06-10-2017, 5:44 PM

BS. How will registering my ARs in CA ruin my life, especially if I become an ID resident given that ID prohibits registration of firearms?

doggie
06-10-2017, 5:47 PM
BS. How will registering my ARs in CA ruin my life, especially if I become an ID resident given that ID prohibits registration of firearms?

Go ahead and register if you trust those whackjobs in Sacto with your personal information and CC number. Go for it.

bajadan
06-10-2017, 5:51 PM
Go ahead and register if you trust those whackjobs in Sacto with your personal information and CC number. Go for it.

How is it any different than owning pistols. Even AR pistols common man. :facepalm:

1911su16b870
06-10-2017, 6:19 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/61/26/bd/6126bd689d31499739f4217263c5465e.jpg

Discogodfather
06-10-2017, 7:10 PM
Maybe you should look at your words I quoted and Custers response in the video and think about how ridiculous you sound.

You feel the need to kneel before the likes of Newsom, Leon, and the rest, by all means do it. Personally, I'm sick and tired of your trying to convince people here to register with your constant barrage of pro registration posts.

And my solution? It's obvious to anyone who's read my posts what my position is.

"Patriot Wilderness "? Another jab from you aimed at us rural folk that choose to exercise our freedom of choice. That attitude is what Gavin Newsom calls the "Coastal Elite"...of which he is the ultimate example.

You sound ridiculous coming off as some kind of super patriot running around out in the woods. Apparently it's ok to badmouth "coastal elites" and city slickers all day and it's sacrosanct to take a jab at someone living in the middle of nowhere who pontificates to all gun owners everywhere else while implicitly urging them to break the law.

Please, what a joke. Tired memes and silly videos don't make any points.

And I fight for 2A on the front lines in hostile territory every day, what are you doing out in the middle of nowhere? Wrestling Liberal bears?

Rickrock1
06-10-2017, 7:38 PM
This money could be better spent on homeless shelters or any other good cause, but no, the ********s in this state would rather harass gun owners by throwing money at their ineffective legislation.:facepalm::censored::rant:

Even better spent on law enforcement to enforce the laws already on the books.

chead
06-10-2017, 7:53 PM
Even better spent on law enforcement to enforce the laws already on the books.

Nah, cops have enough money to play tactical pretend with.

Discogodfather
06-10-2017, 7:56 PM
I could be wrong but I recall that they could raise the reg fee if they were running short of money.

So late registration charges may rise as collected funds run under expected?

It's possible, but could such a sliding scale really make up for millions of dollars?

Dutch3
06-10-2017, 8:18 PM

The current political climate is very different than it was in 2000.

They'll be coming to take them away.

Discogodfather
06-10-2017, 8:24 PM

But featureless is safe, got it.

njineermike
06-10-2017, 8:26 PM
Am I the only person that thinks Brown vetoing this would be hysterical?

randomBytes
06-10-2017, 8:57 PM
We all know that *we* will be the ones footing the 2.6Mil bill for this crap.

meno377
06-10-2017, 9:00 PM

For now it is. Especially pre 2014 rifles.

Tasty
06-10-2017, 9:07 PM

What, you mean you don't want to voluntarily tell big brother about every semi auto rifle you own?

cyclopes85
06-10-2017, 9:09 PM
You guys understand it's probably a private contractor that's designing the system the State will use to make a determination in whether your firearms are compliant. The State, from what I've seen, rarely designs and stands up systems using State employees. Normally the State employees oversee the work to ensure the private company designing the system isn't overcharging or billing for work not completed. It's companies like IBM, Xerox, CGI, to name a few, that charge exorbanant fees to create these systems and then they try to find any reason possible, even if the problem is their own creation, to create change requests to suck the State dry.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

meno377
06-10-2017, 9:11 PM
What, you mean you don't want to voluntarily tell big brother about every semi auto rifle you own?

Pretty much.

Tacticaldad
06-10-2017, 9:17 PM
They can just take it out of the gas tax !!!

Rusty_Shackleferd
06-10-2017, 9:34 PM
Another instance that avers my theory that bureaucrats are the employed cretins of our state.

BajaJames83
06-10-2017, 9:44 PM
When they finally setup the system we should all set a time and test it's strength....

Scratch705
06-10-2017, 9:49 PM

it is the safest until they decide to ban all semi auto rifles.

where will your registered rifles be then? taken away as they come knocking on your door, while those who didn't register and bought before 2014, or built from 80% can just hide theirs and keep it since they will have no way to know.

colossians323
06-10-2017, 10:08 PM
When they finally setup the system we should all set a time and test it's strength....

KIK........I mean LOL

Smedkcuf
06-10-2017, 10:27 PM

where will your registered rifles be then? taken away as they come knocking on your door, while those who didn't register and bought before 2014, or built from 80% can just hide theirs and keep it since they will have no way to know.

What would prevent someone from building from an 80% after that happens? So I don't see your point.

bajadan
06-10-2017, 11:10 PM
What would prevent someone from building from an 80% after that happens? So I don't see your point.

Not possible in eyes of CA law makers. Once banned they are gone for ever!:oji:

ugimports
06-10-2017, 11:13 PM

DOJ has already declared they are not at fault if the system crashes and you are unable to register due to technical issues.

Say it was made available on 1/1/2017, but everyone tried to register on 12/31/2017 (day before required) and the system crashed. If no registrations went through then everyone is SOL.

GW
06-10-2017, 11:58 PM

So at best then you'll own guns with no way to go shoot them without the risk of getting busted.
They aren't going door to door confiscating rifles
They don't need to

Ocguy31
06-11-2017, 12:02 AM

You can't possibly believe that it would be difficult for the .gov to determine with a high probability that an individual owns a SACF rifle? Assuming it was ever entered into DROS as a "long gun", that is enough info to start building a profile on you.

Not saying they will ever have the resources, need, or legal foundation to do this, but to suggest they can't is quite naive.

People posting on an open forum would be the low-hanging fruit, as well as those who purchased multiple rifles from FFLs that were known to sell mainly semi-auto long guns during that time period. People with multiple purchases and no hunting license on file...

All of this data doesn't live in a vacuum. If you buy rifle ammo in California in the near future, that's going to be in your profile as well.

curtisfong
06-11-2017, 12:37 AM
Why would they go *door to door* to confiscate AWs and not go *door to door* to confiscate every rifle with a 4473 record? Hint: do you have any idea how difficult going *door to door* is?

Ocguy31
06-11-2017, 1:19 AM
Why would they go *door to door* to confiscate AWs and not go *door to door* to confiscate every rifle with a 4473 record? Hint: do you have any idea how difficult going *door to door* is?

The "door to door" team can't even clear the backlog of prohibited persons, so that isn't realistic.

But they don't need to kick in doors for compliance. I'm sure you know far better than I do the power of a strongly worded letter.

But my point wasn't to go down this rabbit-hole, I just can't help but scratch my head when someone declares it impossible for the state to reasonably assume you possess "x" type of legally purchased firearm in CA.

Not that long ago, I never imagined a requirement to e-register BB rifles, upload photos, and provide origin information either. Then San Bernardino happened.

If someone claiming allegience to ISIS attacks a suburban soft-target with a featureless rifle (god forbid), all bets are off the table. But "featureless loophole" will be the new fear-phrase in the news and in Sacramento.

CMBrowning
06-11-2017, 2:19 AM
Is it possible that they never received enough people who registered to justify a budget on it? Maybe they were out of funding for this thing before they began?
Screw CA and CA DOJ

CMBrowning
06-11-2017, 2:23 AM
You sound ridiculous coming off as some kind of super patriot running around out in the woods. Apparently it's ok to badmouth "coastal elites" and city slickers all day and it's sacrosanct to take a jab at someone living in the middle of nowhere who pontificates to all gun owners everywhere else while implicitly urging them to break the law.

Please, what a joke. Tired memes and silly videos don't make any points.

And I fight for 2A on the front lines in hostile territory every day, what are you doing out in the middle of nowhere? Wrestling Liberal bears?

^ there is the issue with the California 2a community. Elite attitudes.

vg247
06-11-2017, 3:13 AM
Nah - your new gas tax at work.

Yep, d-bag Jerry should use that money towards his CA road repair campaign instead and bring our gas prices back down... rather than back these retards with more funding to beat around the bush and jack with us via delays and not listing the final regs!

Rusty_Shackleferd
06-11-2017, 4:44 AM
So at best then you'll own guns with no way to go shoot them without the risk of getting busted.
They aren't going door to door confiscating rifles
They don't need to

When you look at our situation with a bird's eye view, it's really strange.

Basically, group 1 told group 2 that their possessions are illegal because another far way group 3 voted so. So group 2 gets threatened being locked in a cage by group 1 lest they submit. The irony is that the far away group 3 consistently gives group 1 special privileges, like legal possession of banned items, so that group 1 can enforce their authority and the authority of far away group 3 on group 2.

And they say fascism would be impossible in america.

ENTHUSIAST
06-11-2017, 4:51 AM

Basically, group 1 told group 2 that their possessions are illegal because another far way group 3 voted so. So group 2 gets threatened being locked in a cage by group 1 lest they submit. The irony is that the far away group 3 consistently gives group 1 special privileges, like legal possession of banned items, so that group 1 can enforce their authority and the authority of far away group 3 on group 2.

Land of the enslaved and the home of the cowardly.

Welcome to the New World Order.

meno377
06-11-2017, 5:03 AM

Why do I feel I just read a short passage from Milton Friedman? ;)

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 6:18 AM

Yeah you guys are super secret patriots that laugh at the government while others bow to their tyranny and evil wills. No one knows you exist or what you have even though you post pictures of it on a public forum and talk about going undetected and not being on any lists publicly Ad nauseam. Totally invisible.

When they come for our listed rifles you will laugh at us and have a patriot bbq and wonder why these sheep ever submitted.

You guys are a joke.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 6:21 AM

Pretty much.

Whoa, glad you guys didn't post it on a public forum talking about it. Still super secret patriots because the government has never show itself to mine information from the internet.

Cnynrat
06-11-2017, 6:23 AM
They can just take it out of the gas tax !!!
More likely it's coming out of your DROS fees, which will now need to be increased to cover these new costs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BluNorthern
06-11-2017, 6:25 AM
More likely it's coming out of your DROS fees, which will now need to be increased to cover these new costs.

I was thinking the same thing.

Not only do they want to hang us, they want us to pay for the rope.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 6:31 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Not only do they want to hang us, they want us to pay for the rope.

FUD'ing about the money side of the reg period is silly. They asked for a 2.6 million dollar load to ride through a 2 year period that would supposedly take in 3.7 million from 1.5 million registered rifles from 250,000 owners. That roughly covers the entire process considering many will have multiple rifles to register for $15.

The intelligent conversation is about how they are going to deal with not reaching their goals, which seems completely likely at this point. If they only get 100k regs they aren't going to be able to pay for themselves.

The latest news of reg period extension might have more to do with reaching the goal than other reasons people have floated.

skyscraper
06-11-2017, 6:46 AM
We're supposed to be on the same side. Those that want to register, have at it.

tinman1975
06-11-2017, 7:39 AM
What ever happened to the 24 million dollars they raided from the DROS surplus?

Cnynrat
06-11-2017, 7:41 AM
That was spent on the effort to confiscate guns from people who are now prohibited.

Jimi Jah
06-11-2017, 8:28 AM
The can got kicked down the road, again. They can't make this work under the budgets they have.

Expect the ammo registrations to also fail before January. Incompetence is our friend.

nedro
06-11-2017, 9:01 AM
No law banned bullet buttons. They were, and remain, perfectly legal to own and have on a rifle.

They no longer serve as a work-around for the 'can accept a detachable magazine' idea, since that idea was removed from the law for centerfire semiautomatic rifles.
Are you saying that everyone with a BB can now remove them without consequences?

BluNorthern
06-11-2017, 9:05 AM
Are you saying that everyone with a BB can now remove them without consequences?

That is NOT what he is saying.

nedro
06-11-2017, 9:07 AM
Sure sounds like it to me.

njineermike
06-11-2017, 9:13 AM

Those are two completely different concepts.

meno377
06-11-2017, 9:16 AM

Anyone who owns a rifle with a bullet button has an AW under the new bill SB880. However they have opened a new window for those who own these to register through 12/31/2017. If you were to remove the bullet button, you would be in possession of an AW under the previous ban which you cannot register now.

The people of the State of California do enact as follows:

SECTION 1. Section 30515 of the Penal Code is amended to read:

30515. (a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
(b) For purposes of this section, “fixed magazine” means an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.

SB 880, Hall. Firearms: assault weapons.
(1) Existing law generally prohibits the possession or transfer of assault weapons, except for the sale, purchase, importation, or possession of assault weapons by specified individuals, including law enforcement officers. Under existing law, “assault weapon” means, among other things, a semiautomatic centerfire rifle or a semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has any one of specified attributes, including, for rifles, a thumbhole stock, and for pistols, a second handgrip.
This bill would revise this definition of “assault weapon” to mean a semiautomatic centerfire rifle, or a semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of those specified attributes. The bill would also define “fixed magazine” to mean an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.
By expanding the definition of an existing crime, the bill would impose a state-mandated local program.
(2) Existing law requires that any person who, within this state, possesses an assault weapon, except as otherwise provided, be punished as a felony or for a period not to exceed one year in a county jail.
This bill would exempt from punishment under that provision a person who possessed an assault weapon prior to January 1, 2017, if specified requirements are met.
(3) Existing law requires that, with specified exceptions, any person who, prior to January 1, 2001, lawfully possessed an assault weapon prior to the date it was defined as an assault weapon, and which was not specified as an assault weapon at the time of lawful possession, register the firearm with the Department of Justice. Existing law permits the Department of Justice to charge a fee for registration of up to $20 per person but not to exceed the actual processing costs of the department. Existing law, after the department establishes fees sufficient to reimburse the department for processing costs, requires fees charged to increase at a rate not to exceed the legislatively approved annual cost-of-living adjustment for the department’s budget or as otherwise increased through the Budget Act. Existing law requires those fees to be deposited into the Dealers’ Record of Sale Special Account. Existing law, the Administrative Procedure Act, establishes the requirements for the adoption, publication, review, and implementation of regulations by state agencies.
This bill would require that any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2016, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined, and including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with the use of a tool, register the firearm with the Department of Justice before January 1, 2018, but not before the effective date of specified regulations. The bill would permit the department to increase the $20 registration fee as long as it does not exceed the reasonable processing costs of the department. The bill would also require registrations to be submitted electronically via the Internet utilizing a public-facing application made available by the department. The bill would require the registration to contain specified information, including, but not limited to, a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely and specified information about the registrant. The bill would permit the department to charge a fee of up to $15 per person for registration through the Internet, not to exceed the reasonable processing costs of the department to be paid and deposited, as specified, for purposes of the registration program. The bill would require the department to adopt regulations for the purpose of implementing those provisions and would exempt those regulations from the Administrative Procedure Act. The bill would also make technical and conforming changes.
(4) The California Constitution requires the state to reimburse local agencies and school districts for certain costs mandated by the state. Statutory provisions establish procedures for making that reimbursement.

ajb78
06-11-2017, 9:17 AM
That was spent on the effort to confiscate guns from people who are now prohibited.

So what, ~$2,100 per gun recovered...sounds efficient

As of July 1, 2015, APPS enforcement efforts had successfully recovered 11,561 illegally owned firearms, including 456 assault weapons, and well over 1,000,000 rounds of illegally owned ammunition in just two years.15

http://smartgunlaws.org/disarming-prohibited-persons-in-california/

nedro
06-11-2017, 9:20 AM
Guys, I know.
I just like to make sure that anyone reading will not fall into this trap.
Someone asked a direct question and a seemingly vague response was given. I wanted to draw out that simple fact.
New guys won't catch it.

Ocguy31
06-11-2017, 10:43 AM

The problem is that it is an upside-down pyramid. They keep increasing the expenditure of the DROS funds while at the same time reducing the projected future income.

The DROS funds were a surplus due to record firearm sales. But as the handgun roster disintegrates, rifles become less attractive and frankly less safe, ammo becomes difficult to acquire, and long guns most likely become rationed, I believe a "surplus" will not be the problem.

BajaJames83
06-11-2017, 1:13 PM
DOJ has already declared they are not at fault if the system crashes and you are unable to register due to technical issues.

Say it was made available on 1/1/2017, but everyone tried to register on 12/31/2017 (day before required) and the system crashed. If no registrations went through then everyone is SOL.

Well if the system is always down...

Rcjackrabbit
06-11-2017, 3:20 PM

Disco is the site apologist for registration. I would not be surprised if he is a government agent. At the very least, he has Stockholm Syndrome. You are wasting your time trying to convince him of the error of his ways.

It is foolish to register any gun you don't have to. There is a legal way around registration - FEATURELESS!

LESS THAN 5% OF GUN OWNERS WILL REGISTER.

People are not stupid. Never willingly put your name on a government list.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 3:25 PM
Disco is the site apologist for registration. I would not be surprised if he is a government agent. At the very least, he has Stockholm Syndrome. You are wasting your time trying to convince him of the error of his ways.

It is foolish to register any gun you don't have to. There is a legal way around registration - FEATURELESS!

LESS THAN 5% OF GUN OWNERS WILL REGISTER.

People are not stupid. Never willingly put your name on a government list.

I'm in the CIA.

JDay
06-11-2017, 3:53 PM
Don't worry all, they will be back for more time and money.....a lot more money.
Do you have any idea how unreadable you make your posts when you use colors?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170611/a9e48b07058ee8bd1abba8c94d808a83.jpg

JDay
06-11-2017, 3:56 PM
Ever see those prepaid credit cards that you can get at the grocery store?

Ocguy31
06-11-2017, 4:04 PM
Ever see those prepaid credit cards that you can get at the grocery store?

Those a coded to not work with address verification, since you can register those cards under any name and address.

Try using one for a USPS change of address, where the charge $1.00 to the card. Or for Uber. They don't work.

JDay
06-11-2017, 4:10 PM
Am I the only person that thinks Brown vetoing this would be hysterical?
Well if he does and DOJ doesn't open registration before the deadline the new ban would have to be tossed out.

JDay
06-11-2017, 4:12 PM

Rumor has it that DOJ makes copies of the 4473 forms when they do audits.

doggie
06-11-2017, 4:16 PM
Those a coded to not work with address verification, since you can register those cards under any name and address.

Try using one for a USPS change of address, where the charge $1.00 to the card. Or for Uber. They don't work.

Interesting. So much for that.

doggie
06-11-2017, 4:21 PM
Once Gavin Newsome becomes governor, one of the first things he will do is have all registered "AWs" confiscated by his special unit of storm troopers. Something to look forward to. You read it here first.

JDay
06-11-2017, 4:35 PM
The "door to door" team can't even clear the backlog of prohibited persons, so that isn't realistic.

But they don't need to kick in doors for compliance.

And why would they? I'm sure they've learned from Stalin that its far easier to get your neighbors and family to turn you in. After all, if the state labels gun owners as enemies of the state then they must be.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-483230/Traitors-family-Stalins-informers.html

Don't think this could happen in the US?

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2012/08/neighbor_spying_on_neighbor_in_obamas_america.html

Ford8N
06-11-2017, 4:39 PM

This the way it works in California^^^^^

And the majority of people in this state are ok with it.

Land of the enslaved and the home of the cowardly.

Welcome to the New World Order.

A bit of Stockholm Syndrome. Californians are very weak minded.

Rumor has it that DOJ makes copies of the 4473 forms when they do audits.

Yes they do. They also look at specific "types" of firearms and who bought them.

JDay
06-11-2017, 4:44 PM
Until it goes to court the answer is no. DOJ is claiming that the BB is still a fixed magazine even though the law redefined the old style BB as being a detachable magazine release. How DOJ plans to argue that a magazine release that is clearly defined as detachable in the law is somehow a fixed magazine device should be pure comedy gold.

JDay
06-11-2017, 4:52 PM

I've never had an issue with address verification off of them. Just be sure to add your name and address to the card after you activate. And DOJ will be verifying your address matches the address on file with DMV.

chris
06-11-2017, 5:46 PM
The can got kicked down the road, again. They can't make this work under the budgets they have.

Expect the ammo registrations to also fail before January. Incompetence is our friend.

none of this was ever expected to work. it was designed and passed to be burden on gun owners.

chris
06-11-2017, 5:49 PM

This the way it works in California^^^^^

And the majority of people in this state are ok with it.

they sure are. taking a look at the idiots that keep getting voted into office in this state. I would wager we have a socialist state already.

Garand Hunter
06-11-2017, 6:05 PM
Mucho Thanks to Mr Kestryll for this heads up.

Psalm 1

njineermike
06-11-2017, 6:14 PM
none of this was ever expected to work. it was designed and passed to be burden on eliminate gun owners.

FIFY

SoftHeart
06-11-2017, 6:41 PM
Straight question; Do we have until June 30, 2018, instead of Dec 31st, 2017, according to all this, to register, or despite the DOJ internal troubles, are they expecting you to register by Dec 31st, 2017 no matter what?

Speaking plainly, are we safe in waiting to the June 30, 2018 date with to see how this all pans out.

Is the Dec 31st, 2017 deadline, now off the table officially according to the CADOJ?

One more question, will the challenge in the courts to this delay the enactment of the law?

Thanks

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 6:44 PM
Straight question; Do we have until June 30, 2018 instead of Dec 31st, 2017according to all this, to register, or despite the DOJ internal troubles, are they expecting you to register no matter what.

Speaking plainly, are we safe in waiting to the June 30, 2018 date with to see how this all pans out.

Is the Dec 31st, 2017 deadline, now off the table?

One more question, will the challenge in the courts to this delay the enactment of the law?

Thanks

No one knows right now, we are all wating to see what happens. The stuff about extending the period is not yet official and might change again at any time. Check out the Update Thread (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1305436) for all the latest news.

BAJ475
06-11-2017, 6:55 PM

While I do not trust the whackjobs in Sacto, they already have most of my information, including the serial numbers on my ARs, my address and one or more full sets of my finger prints. So, other than a CC number, I would not be trusting them with anything that they do not already have. As for a CC, all I would need to do is get my bank to issue a new credit card with a new number once my payment clears.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 6:59 PM
While I do not trust the whackjobs in Sacto, they already have most of my information, including the serial numbers on my ARs, my address and one or more full sets of my finger prints. So, other than a CC number, I would not be trusting them with anything that they do not already have. As for a CC, all I would need to do is get my bank to issue a new credit card with a new number once my payment clears.

You don't sound like an invisible patriot like most on here. Might I suggest you go to ninja school and study stealth.

Maybe you can ask other reg haters how they manage to stay off the radar. I think it involves ninja techniques learned in the wilderness, plus a tinfoil hat. They avoid further detection by posting pictures of what they have on a public internet forum, which is another ninja technique.

Ocguy31
06-11-2017, 7:10 PM

Many banks with an online banking service will issue one-time use CC numbers for online transactions. Although I'm not sure what they would do with a CC number that is worrying.

JDay
06-11-2017, 7:30 PM
Many banks with an online banking service will issue one-time use CC numbers for online transactions. Although I'm not sure what they would do with a CC number that is worrying.
Do you want your credit card information stored on a system that was made by the lowest bidder? There's a good possibility of a data breech in the future.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 7:33 PM
Do you want your credit card information stored on a system that was made by the lowest bidder? There's a good possibility of a data breech in the future.

So the DOJ is running a CC fraud scheme, got it. Do you think Russia and Putin are also involved?

JDay
06-11-2017, 7:36 PM
So the DOJ is running a CC fraud scheme, got it. Do you think Russia and Putin are also involved?
Did I say that? I said that any system thrown together by the lowest bidder has a high potential to be insecure.

mshill
06-11-2017, 7:42 PM
If you are concerned about CCW tracking then get a prepaid Visa gift card. Works just like a normal CC.

Dutch3
06-11-2017, 7:48 PM
You don't sound like an invisible patriot like most on here. Might I suggest you go to ninja school and study stealth.

Maybe you can ask other reg haters how they manage to stay off the radar. I think it involves ninja techniques learned in the wilderness, plus a tinfoil hat. They avoid further detection by posting pictures of what they have on a public internet forum, which is another ninja technique.

Yes, it does seem that even with 40 acres and a backhoe, continuing as a patriot seems pointless.

Let us all raise a toast to the supremacy of The Party. Thank you for the clarification, Comrade.

chris
06-11-2017, 7:48 PM
FIFY

LOL.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 7:57 PM
Yes, it does seem that even with 40 acres and a backhoe, continuing as a patriot seems pointless.

Let us all raise a toast to the supremacy of The Party. Thank you for the clarification, Comrade.

Excellent. I will inform the polit-bureau of your decision. We may allow you to keep a few potatoes as a reward after the forced collectivization.

chris
06-11-2017, 8:00 PM
Disco I have to agree with a few people here that you are too much in favor of registration.

Everyone here is allowed to be suspect about the possibility of confiscation at some point in this state. The outright hostility this state has for us gun owners gives us good reason to not rule out this.

Dutch3
06-11-2017, 8:03 PM
Excellent. I will inform the polit-bureau of your decision. We may allow you to keep a few potatoes as a reward after the forced collectivization.

But we were told the collectivization is voluntary? If I don't volunteer? What then?

meno377
06-11-2017, 8:06 PM
I think it's funny how some will trust our state leaders that registration is some 'safe zone', yet they don't trust the same state leaders for passing these ridiculous laws in the first place.

Guns and guitars
06-11-2017, 8:11 PM
I think it's funny how some will trust our state leaders that registration is some 'safe zone', yet they don't trust the same state leaders for passing these ridiculous laws in the first place.

They have been fed bull**** their entire lives. They have lived so many generations without freedom that they just don't understand.

Funny they are asking us to come up with 2.6M to use against us.

Screw this state and its sheep.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 8:24 PM
Been enjoying the freedom of my standard rifle for around 18 years.

How is your guys rifles doing? Did you drill a hole in it yet? Did you not comply by adding a patriot-drop and pop grip (otherwise known as a grip fin)? Did you spend $$$ on some kind of backwards contraption?

And I don't advocate anything other than a diversified approach, but the anti-reg fudders need to be ridiculed. Theiy're teenagers without a clue who have no argument other than mindless paranoia. Playing checkers when the state plays chess.

Being crazy anti-government types I realize it's more about the politics with you guys than the guns or 2A.

doggie
06-11-2017, 8:37 PM

How is your guys rifles doing? Did you drill a hole in it yet? Did you not comply by adding a patriot-drop and pop grip (otherwise known as a grip fin)? Did you spend $$$ on some kind of backwards contraption?

And I don't advocate anything other than a diversified approach, but the anti-reg fudders need to be ridiculed. Theiy're teenagers without a clue who have no argument other than mindless paranoia. Playing checkers when the state plays chess.

Being crazy anti-government types I realize it's more about the politics with you guys than the guns or 2A.

What makes you think you have any "freedom" with it. You are in fact severely constrained with it. Stop being so full of yourself.

Dutch3
06-11-2017, 8:39 PM
Yes, the State is playing chess. And when they have that nice, tidy database of names and addresses of 'assault weapon' owners, its checkmate.

Anyone would be a fool to not see that coming. It isn't 2000 anymore.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 8:43 PM
What makes you think you have any "freedom" with it. You are in fact severely constrained with it. Stop being so full of yourself.

It's so nice pressing the mag release while I wrap my thumb around the pistol grip. It feels like I am in a free state.

Same arguments were made back in 2000 when I had to make a choice and the only thing I regret is not registering more.

But that was the past, now there is nothing great about registering. It sucks, and we don't have any assurances it won't go south. But those putting all their eggs in one basket need to be called out for the idiocy of their actions. No, it's not some "choice" or "opinion". If you go down one road, you are guaranteeing you will be completely screwed if it turns out your "choice" was the wrong one.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 8:44 PM
Yes, the State is playing chess. And when they have that nice, tidy database of names and addresses of 'assault weapon' owners, its checkmate.

Anyone would be a fool to not see that coming. It isn't 2000 anymore.

Yeah, if they don't have your name in that list you're off the radar. :facepalm:

meno377
06-11-2017, 8:46 PM
It's so nice pressing the mag release while I wrap my thumb around the pistol grip. It feels like I am in a free state.

Same arguments were made back in 2000 when I had to make a choice and the only thing I regret is not registering more.

But that was the past, now there is nothing great about registering. It sucks, and we don't have any assurances it won't go south. But those putting all their eggs in one basket need to be called out for the idiocy of their actions. No, it's not some "choice" or "opinion". If you go down one road, you are guaranteeing you will be completely screwed if it turns out your "choice" was the wrong one.

Who is advocating only one choice? My other choice in addition to featureless is taking them out of state if necessary.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 8:51 PM
Who is advocating only one choice? My other choice in addition to featureless is taking them out of state if necessary.

Lol, what the hell difference does that make? You can just go to a free state and buy whatever you want at any time.

I'd rather just sell stuff out of state and keep the money for when things become so bad we all need to move.

You are putting all your faith in one thing, and counting on it being the right choice. That's dumb.

meno377
06-11-2017, 8:55 PM
Lol, what the hell difference does that make? You can just go to a free state and buy whatever you want at any time.

I'd rather just sell stuff out of state and keep the money for when things become so bad we all need to move.

A few rifles I have can't be replaced that easily and prices have risen. It's a better option to keep what I have for the most part unless market conditions change. Also If I was to move the rifles out of state, that doesn't mean I will become a resident of that state immediately. I can store them, but I would still be a California resident for some time.

JDay
06-11-2017, 9:05 PM
A few rifles I have can't be replaced that easily and prices have risen. It's a better option to keep what I have for the most part unless market conditions change. Also If I was to move the rifles out of state, that doesn't mean I will become a resident of that state immediately. I can store them, but I would still be a California resident for some time.
Same here. I have 3 rifles that I could never replace.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 9:09 PM

That's fine, I don't count it as an option because it dosen't mean anything in terms of using a rifle in CA. The options I want to talk about are the ones that give me the ability to use a rifle in CA. That means featureless, disassembly, and registration.

Again, look up "hedging bets". Anything can happen.

meno377
06-11-2017, 9:13 PM
That's fine, I don't count it as an option because it dosen't mean anything in terms of using a rifle in CA. The options I want to talk about are the ones that give me the ability to use a rifle in CA. That means featureless, disassembly, and registration.

LOL. Okay that's you, but there are several options for many of us. Just because a certain option doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everyone.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 9:15 PM
LOL. Okay that's you, but there are several options for many of us. Just because a certain option doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for everyone.

Yeah, it just won't work for you in CA. Who cares?

meno377
06-11-2017, 9:22 PM
Yeah, it just won't work for you in CA. Who cares?

Many care that we have several options. Presenting all the possibilities are important.

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 9:41 PM
Many care that we have several options. Presenting all the possibilities are important.

Like moving to Nepal? That's an option too.

Get serious and stick to options that work for keeping our guns and our rights in CA. We can move elsewhere at any time.

splithoof
06-11-2017, 9:57 PM
Like moving to Nepal? That's an option too.

Get serious and stick to options that work for keeping our guns and our rights in CA. We can move elsewhere at any time.

Just out of curiosity Disco, what was your stance/interpretation on SSE for handguns back when that option was available?

Discogodfather
06-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Just out of curiosity Disco, what was your stance/interpretation on SSE for handguns back when that option was available?

I didn't really have one, never did any SSE. Seemed fine to me, why?

I regret not getting a rifle caliber pistol since ATF reversed on the pistol brace. It would have been precarious in CA anyway but I passed so many times on some cool HK's and AR pistols thinking they were just toys. Really regret that.

But then who would have predicted Trump would be president.

curtisfong
06-11-2017, 10:06 PM

I'm the one saying everyone should take advantage of all the possibilities, you aren't.

Kestryll
06-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Disco won't be responding for a while, he's going to be considering his trolling in private.

Djfin09
06-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Disco won't be responding for a while, he's going to be considering his trolling in private.

God thank you Kestryll!

curtisfong
06-11-2017, 10:50 PM

This thread should be locked, it has been non stop trolling like the other one was.

meno377
06-11-2017, 11:02 PM
I'm the one saying everyone should take advantage of all the possibilities, you aren't.

I have said before that I don't have a problem with others who choose whatever options they feel are important to them including yours. However my choices are different than yours. So I have presented them. You have presented your choices. I don't consider my choices for everyone, but I do feel they should be shared. I would think you would agree with that.

curtisfong
06-11-2017, 11:12 PM
I have said before that I don't have a problem with others who choose whatever options they feel are important to them including yours. However my choices are different than yours. So I have presented them. You have presented your choices. I don't consider my choices for everyone, but I do feel they should be shared. I would think you would agree with that.

And yet, 4 weeks later, I have yet to see anything new in this flame fest.

meno377
06-11-2017, 11:17 PM
And yet, 4 weeks later, I have yet to see anything new in this flame fest.

In some ways I agree with you.

Rcjackrabbit
06-12-2017, 3:57 AM
This is so simple. The government wants to disarm you. History shows that registering your guns will make that easier. It is foolish to register if there is a legal option.

Just because they haven't made the big move to go after registered guns yet. Does not mean they won't. They will.

Again, I am confident 95% of gunowners will be smart enough to not register. It is a vocal minority making all the noise to register. It is not convincing anyone.

BluNorthern
06-12-2017, 5:06 AM
This is so simple. The government wants to disarm you. History shows that registering your guns will make that easier. It is foolish to register if there is a legal option.

Just because they haven't made the big move to go after registered guns yet. Does not mean they won't. They will.

Again, I am confident 95% of gunowners will be smart enough to not register. It is a vocal minority making all the noise to register. It is not convincing anyone.

That is what is so disturbing to me regarding Disco. Why be so in your face bombastic about wanting to register?

The insults regarding rural members here...."invisible patriots"...what does that even mean. It's not posturing up here, the vast majority of people I know are not going down the registration road. Even LE, active and retired, aren't buying into Sacramento's crap.

I really have to wonder about his true motivation.

five.five-six
06-12-2017, 5:12 AM
The state had better figure this **** out pronto, just think of alll the children who will be murdered if we don't get this registration on time...

Oh, wait.....

nedro
06-12-2017, 5:43 AM

This thinking would've made an excellent Red Coat.

Citizen One
06-12-2017, 5:50 AM
If you are curious why these politicians are shortsighted, and this DOJ registration delay budget-grab is another demonstration of that malfeasance, read up on a gentleman by the name of Alfred Flatow. Or similar registration attempts in the past.
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2015/12/21/book-excerpt-gun-control-in-the-third-reich/

Misguided (or malign) "party A" sets up a registry. Then hostile "party B" commandeers said lists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_Personnel_Management_data_breach
http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/154043

Funny how "they" are so concerned about ICE using SNAP registries to deport people actively committing crimes. Yet somehow justify making a registry of law-abiding US citizens and turning them into criminals. Said contractors refuse to accept one commission claiming moral principle, but for another commission eagerly rub their palms for $2.6 million. They even cite the very same cases I point out above. The hypocrisy stings.
http://neveragain.tech/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/03/16/immigrants-are-now-canceling-their-food-stamps-for-fear-that-trump-will-deport-them/
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/310770-microsoft-we-wont-help-build-a-muslim-registry

AGGRO
06-12-2017, 6:08 AM
The dumbest thing we (friends and I) ever did was RAW a rifle. Freakin nightmare reversing them. There is no mechanism that forces DOJ to delist a firearm. Repeat, no mechanism.

Rcjackrabbit
06-12-2017, 7:10 AM
That is what is so disturbing to me regarding Disco. Why be so in your face bombastic about wanting to register?

The insults regarding rural members here...."invisible patriots"...what does that even mean. It's not posturing up here, the vast majority of people I know are not going down the registration road. Even LE, active and retired, aren't buying into Sacramento's crap.

I really have to wonder about his true motivation.

I really wasn't joking. That type of zealotry for registering our rifles is a manifestation of Stockholm Syndrome.

Really.

Going featureless allows you to resist their unconstitutional law while not placing yourself in legal danger. History has taught us what governments do to citizens that register guns.

There is no other real reason for the government to want to register your gun except to make it easier to confiscate it at a later time.

It is so transparent it makes my head hurt.

Regular guy
06-12-2017, 7:12 AM
I think it comes down to the age of the rifle. Did you buy it after 1/1/2014? Then maybe consider registering it/them or some of them in this category.

Did you buy it before that date? Then consider featureless or taking it apart for long term storage until you move out of state or the zombies attack.

If you have multiple rifles in these categories then diversify.

KahrMan
06-12-2017, 7:33 AM
State is a complete joke yet no one cares

I think a lot of people care, they just feel powerless to change the system for the better. At least that is true for me, voting for CA State Politicians is rather pointless with all the dead and illegal votes cast. Still I go through the motions and support conservatives when possible.

And more on topic, just wait until they can't get their act together for registering people to buy ammo.

Jimi Jah
06-12-2017, 7:40 AM

How is your guys rifles doing?

So far rather well. I already had fixed stocks (hate wobbly adjustables) and linear compensators (I'm an audio guy by trade). Hammerheads fit my hand and style.

They 'is' doing just fine without a bullet button either. Having been born here I know a little about California and how things can degrade quickly here.

This socialist government cannot be trusted with anything on any level, period.

Resist.

IrishJoe3
06-12-2017, 8:00 AM
Really.

Going featureless allows you to resist their unconstitutional law while not placing yourself in legal danger. History has taught us what governments do to citizens that register guns.

There is no other real reason for the government to want to register your gun except to make it easier to confiscate it at a later time.

It is so transparent it makes my head hurt.

No. The State is backing you into a corner, and you're doing the equivalent of stamping your feet, then stepping further and further into the corner.

If you put all your guns into one basket, you're setting yourself up for failure. If that's what you choose to do, cool. But don't morph that into some patriotic act of defiance. Because you're just doing exactly what they want you to do. You do realize featureless are going to be spun as the next loophole, right?

BluNorthern
06-12-2017, 8:18 AM
No. The State is backing you into a corner, and you're doing the equivalent of stamping your feet, then stepping further and further into the corner.

If you put all your guns into one basket, you're setting yourself up for failure. If that's what you choose to do, cool. But don't morph that into some patriotic act of defiance. Because you're just doing exactly what they want you to do. You do realize featureless are going to be spun as the next loophole, right?

I'm sure going after featureless will be next...they won't stop and in fact are emboldened everyday to restrict our firearm rights even more.

I believe you're retired LE? What do you suggest?

IrishJoe3
06-12-2017, 8:31 AM
I'm sure going after featureless will be next...they won't stop and in fact are emboldened everyday to restrict our firearm rights even more.

I believe you're retired LE? What do you suggest?

Nope. Active. First choice would be leave for free America. But since that's not an option, and there is no hiding that I'm an avid gun owner, I'm going to do a little of everything. Register some, featureless some, some commercial, some 80s.

The way I see it is the DOJ is throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. We know several solid lawsuits are being filed. The problem is, once the registration window passes, you will never be able register a bullet button rifle, even if some of the aspects of the regulations get rescinded.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm just a gun owner like you

Ocguy31
06-12-2017, 8:33 AM
Seeing as how the only reason featureless wasn't banned previously was due to a veto, I don't see it as a stretch to say they will try it again.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 8:39 AM
I'm part of the register group, similar to Disco. I too advocate registering at least one AR. If you have some other type of firearm the equation might be different.

Part of my reasoning is that I want to be a party in the second lawsuit that will be filed over the regulations. In addition, there are a handful of workarounds that will come around once the regulations are finalized that will give a BB rifle more utility.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 8:41 AM
The dumbest thing we (friends and I) ever did was RAW a rifle. Freakin nightmare reversing them. There is no mechanism that forces DOJ to delist a firearm. Repeat, no mechanism.

Depending on what it was, (say an AR) I'd just destroy the receiver, or sell it out of state.

ChuckDizzle
06-12-2017, 8:48 AM
Depending on what it was, (say an AR) I'd just destroy the receiver, or sell it out of state.

Yup, we are talking mostly disposable firearms even with assembled values lower than $1000.

I'm not sure the anti registration camp has thought about why the DOJ is trying their hardest to keep people from registering. They smell that "common use and type" ruling coming down.

nedro
06-12-2017, 8:49 AM

I just went to a theatrical performance of Cabaret. It was my wife's B-day.
You might want to remind yourself of that story. It looks like you are following that path.
Capitulation until annihilation. Just keep following zee orders!:facepalm:

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 8:49 AM
And all of this to "clamp down" on a class of firearms that are almost NEVER used in violent crime.

What exactly is the "compelling Gov't interest" in all of this again? :facepalm:

nedro
06-12-2017, 8:53 AM
Has everyone seen the video of Newscum all giggly and laughing and basically saying neener, neener, neener, to gun owners after 63 passed?
THAT is the driving interest. Childish high school behavior.

BluNorthern
06-12-2017, 8:55 AM
Has everyone seen the video of Newscum all giggly and laughing and basically saying neener, neener, neener, to gun owners after 63 passed?
THAT is the driving interest. Childish high school behavior.

Link?

rm1911
06-12-2017, 8:59 AM
I'm part of the register group, similar to Disco. I too advocate registering at least one AR. If you have some other type of firearm the equation might be different.

Part of my reasoning is that I want to be a party in the second lawsuit that will be filed over the regulations. In addition, there are a handful of workarounds that will come around once the regulations are finalized that will give a BB rifle more utility.

Here's the problem with reg'ing. And I have no doubt this was the very intention of the law.

There are a great many jobs and other things that require background checks and other stuff. For example, the pony baseball place where I used to volunteer, we had to be livescanned. I get it for sure. You don't want predators or whatever. I'm 110% on board with that. Then of course there are those of us who are teachers. (Yes, there are a few of us that aren't commie libtards. Not many, but a few).

Now, you want your kids being taught by a registered AW owner? You want your kids coached or working down at the fields with a registered AW owner?

Bet your a** that'll show up in a scan. It's not the same as the firearms registry. The dros info is different. And yeah, it's bad, but this is an altogether different class of reg. Guy owns a few guns, is not the same as guy owns an AW. And you're on a special and specific registry, not much different than sex offender registry. It's the same thing.

See, a registered firearm, while I despise that, is not even close to the same as a registered person. And that's what an AW reg is. Registering people versus an object.

And don't give me the blah blah blah last time reg thing. I'm plenty old enough to remember R-R in 89. I remember purdy and Stockton. But the thing is that was 30 years ago. This isn't even close to the same state it was then. Take a look back to then. Kalifornia went for GHW Bush in 88. In thirty years this state has gone from republican, to competitive, to the largest majority vote for the hildebeast in the country. It's so libtard commie that Feinstein is a right winger.

So, you want to be a registered AW owner in this state. Yeah, good luck with that.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 9:03 AM
Here's the problem with reg'ing. And I have no doubt this was the very intention of the law.

There are a great many jobs and other things that require background checks and other stuff. For example, the pony baseball place where I used to volunteer, we had to be livescanned. I get it for sure. You don't want predators or whatever. I'm 110% on board with that. Then of course there are those of us who are teachers. (Yes, there are a few of us that aren't commie libtards. Not many, but a few).

Now, you want your kids being taught by a registered AW owner? You want your kids coached or working down at the fields with a registered AW owner?

Bet your a** that'll show up in a scan. It's not the same as the firearms registry. The dros info is different. And yeah, it's bad, but this is an altogether different class of reg. Guy owns a few guns, is not the same as guy owns an AW. And you're on a special and specific registry, not much different than sex offender registry. It's the same thing.

See, a registered firearm, while I despise that, is not even close to the same as a registered person. And that's what an AW reg is. Registering people versus an object.

And don't give me the blah blah blah last time reg thing. I'm plenty old enough to remember R-R in 89. I remember purdy and Stockton. But the thing is that was 30 years ago. This isn't even close to the same state it was then. Take a look back to then. Kalifornia went for GHW Bush in 88. In thirty years this state has gone from republican, to competitive, to the largest majority vote for the hildebeast in the country. It's so libtard commie that Feinstein is a right winger.

So, you want to be a registered AW owner in this state. Yeah, good luck with that.

I have not seen any evidence of what you are describing. The current RAW list is not shared in this way.

nagzul
06-12-2017, 9:03 AM
What happens Jan 1st when the rifle is not registered, nor featureless or have the BB2?

I know LEO that won't listen to any excuse you have till June.
This could get very messy for a select few people.

They should not be able to bring charges as long as registration is open. What a cluster ****

We all know how one cop, wanting to be a dick, can ruin your day given half a chance. If he's looking at your gun, things have already gone south.

OCRebote78
06-12-2017, 9:11 AM
Great. Another ****ing thread giving antis valuable info on what to focus on for the next round anti gun bills. Seriously fellas....

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/icarly/images/f/ff/Shut-up-scream-gif.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151016035327

1911RONIN
06-12-2017, 9:12 AM

This is my primary concern. I am in the same boat. Otherwise, I am firmly with Disco on this one.

1911RONIN
06-12-2017, 9:16 AM
Great. Another ****ing thread giving antis valuable info on what to focus on for the next round anti gun bills. Seriously fellas....

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/icarly/images/f/ff/Shut-up-scream-gif.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151016035327

There is no point in a slow descent into abolishing 2A rights in CA. We have a better chance at tempting the one-party state into overreaching and then getting things sorted by the SCOTUS. And it is not in the nature of man to resist temptation...

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 9:18 AM

I haven't seen anything sensitive mentioned in this thread to date...other than maybe showing that the regulations they wrote are working as planned to discourage registration.

nedro
06-12-2017, 9:30 AM
Link?
I saw it once on facebook.
There was a guy who was going back and forth with him about prop 63.
He told the guy that he was doing this just to screw with him and to prove that the public will go with him on ANY anti gun legislation.
I could not find it a second time. Maybe facebook Nazis took it down since it put Newsom in a very bad light. He was also obviously drunk at the time.

Rcjackrabbit
06-12-2017, 9:46 AM
Seeing as how the only reason featureless wasn't banned previously was due to a veto, I don't see it as a stretch to say they will try it again.

Then, we will need to take new and different actions. Until that happens, it is foolish to register.

They want us completely disarmed.

They want to see if we are dumb enough to voluntarily put our names on a list.

IrishJoe3
06-12-2017, 9:56 AM
Then, we will need to take new and different actions. Until that happens, it is foolish to register.

They want us completely disarmed.

They want to see if we are dumb enough to voluntarily put our names on a list.

You're already on a list. And please explain how a death by 1000 cuts (your compliance method) isn't foolish? I'm sure if they pass a law saying unregistered firearms can only be fired on Tuesday, you'll scream Molon Labe on Tuesdays on your way to the range and somehow think you got one over on the state.

Crazed_SS
06-12-2017, 10:01 AM

What kind of scan are we talking about?

Baboosh
06-12-2017, 10:02 AM

I have many licenses through the state and feds that show up in background scans that will raise eyebrows and never once has it even been mentioned when doing things for my daughters school, dance, sports etc etc.

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 10:37 AM
I have many licenses through the state and feds that show up in background scans that will raise eyebrows and never once has it even been mentioned when doing things for my daughters school, dance, sports etc etc.

YET! Thats the important thing to remember......if you look at the track firearms laws in CA have been going looking to the past is useless. Something hasn't happened till it does. And we know they will leave no useless stone unturned in their quest for total domination.

meno377
06-12-2017, 10:52 AM

What workarounds do you speak of? I would have considered registration if we were allowed to use a regular magazine release, but that didn't happen. That is only one reason why I won't register as I don't see the advantage over featureless when you have to use a tool to eject the magazine. I will trade the convenience of a pistol grip vs a regular magazine release.

Baboosh
06-12-2017, 10:53 AM
YET! Thats the important thing to remember......if you look at the track firearms laws in CA have been going looking to the past is useless. Something hasn't happened till it does. And we know they will leave no useless stone unturned in their quest for total domination.

Sun has not failed to rise in the morning... YET
Aliens have not taken over earth... YET
Obama has not rolled into Washington with Mexico's army overthrowing the US Government... YET

Know plenty of people with registered AW since 2000 who are volunteers, coaches, teacher aids etc etc etc and never once has it been a problem.

BluNorthern
06-12-2017, 10:53 AM
And Gavin Newsom as of a hour ago posted about this being the 1st anniversary of the Orlando shooting and that those lives were lost because of a man with a GUN.

His followers will, of course, be going crazy and calling for our heads.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 11:00 AM
What workarounds do you speak of? I would have considered registration if we were allowed to use a regular magazine release, but that didn't happen. That is only one reason why I won't register as I don't see the advantage over featureless when you have to use a tool to eject the magazine. I will trade the convenience of a pistol grip vs a regular magazine release.

To quote James Comey: I cannot comment in an open setting.

As soon as the regs are finalized, adopted and in play, then we can openly discuss.

meno377
06-12-2017, 11:06 AM

As soon as the regs are finalized, adopted and in play, then we can openly discuss.

Fine. But if you believe they will reverse the decision and allow registered users to remove the bullet button, that to me is a risk that I won't take towards registering. If that is your choice for registering in addition to what you have already stated, I can respect that.

I have my own reasons NOT to register that I have shared in addition to ones I have not shared that I consider a trade off regardless how many or what type of rifles I have.

Ugly Hombre
06-12-2017, 11:09 AM
http://www.commdiginews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/1918-Propogand-Poster.jpg

The whole AW reg. thing is a massive scam- the state will use it figure out how to take more money from law abiding citizens, and give it to illegal aliens and other members of their Prog/Commie new Democrat voting block. Reduce the numbers of armed citizens. Use it to demonize non Democrat traditional Americans, Use it to demoralize Americans who hold the Constitution high..

It will have zero- no effect on crime, they do not care about crime- just control,

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/Poster_Obama_Hand_Over_Weapons.jpg

If you baught a new weapon in California (last 20+ years) it is all ready registered.

The whole thing is a massive scam and con job.

R-Cubed
06-12-2017, 11:14 AM

The California Government excels in incompetence. Single payer healthcare will be spectacular.

cire raeb
06-12-2017, 11:21 AM

Going to register some and take apart the rest for storage, as I don't want to run gay batguns with fins and wings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JackRydden224
06-12-2017, 11:37 AM
We should be very thankful that our supreme overlords are gracious enough to give us some extra time to comply to their treacherous laws. At this point we are all prisoners with Stockholm Syndrome. This is how we lose the 2A battle in CA.

Rant over

Now I am happy I got another 6mo to build out my rifles...:facepalm:

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Sun has not failed to rise in the morning... YET
Aliens have not taken over earth... YET
Obama has not rolled into Washington with Mexico's army overthrowing the US Government... YET

Know plenty of people with registered AW since 2000 who are volunteers, coaches, teacher aids etc etc etc and never once has it been a problem.

Hasn't been a problem YET!

You could keep your pre-ban hi-cap mags before....cuz they grandfathering hadn't been outlawed....YET

You could buy/sell/trade a bullet button rifle like any other gun because they hadn't been banned YET

If you had a CCW you could carry on school grounds cuz it hadn't been banned YET

etc, etc, etc........

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 12:01 PM

Does anyone really believe that keeping quiet will save us? Once they publish the final regs and workarounds are devised....does anyone not think the state overlords will not have bills drafted and passed to ban those as well within just a few months?

Everyone acts like if we just keep quiet long enough we can get one over on them.......but they have the power right now and they HATE being beat. Personally.....I dont give a crap anymore!

AceGirlsHusband
06-12-2017, 12:04 PM
And in the mean time, every bullet-buttoned AR that is booked since Jan 1 will not be given back either. It is a nice way to extend the inability to register so more and more of the affected rifles can be seized and destroyed.

Rcjackrabbit
06-12-2017, 12:05 PM
You're already on a list. And please explain how a death by 1000 cuts (your compliance method) isn't foolish? I'm sure if they pass a law saying unregistered firearms can only be fired on Tuesday, you'll scream Molon Labe on Tuesdays on your way to the range and somehow think you got one over on the state.

This is completely incorrect. Most AR style rifles are not on a list. Willfully registering so-called assault rifles, when you don't have to, makes it easier for them to isolate you and confiscate them in the future. History shows that they WILL DO THIS.

They gave us a legal way out. You can obey their laws and have a fully functional AR style rifle.

You also make the error to think that everyone will continue to comply with their laws. There will come a point in the future where non compliance will be common place.

We are not there yet.

P.S. Sure. In some form or another, we are all on a list. NRA membership lists, Visa/MC receipts, handgun registration. They could use those lists against us. BUT, the important thing to know is that they will use the Assault Weapon List that the gullible willfully signed onto FIRST. You don't want to be in the first wave of confiscations. If you are smart, you will avoid this list so you have time to plan your actions WHEN this socialist state comes after your weapons.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 12:27 PM
Does anyone really believe that keeping quiet will save us? Once they publish the final regs and workarounds are devised....does anyone not think the state overlords will not have bills drafted and passed to ban those as well within just a few months?

Everyone acts like if we just keep quiet long enough we can get one over on them.......but they have the power right now and they HATE being beat. Personally.....I dont give a crap anymore!

Two things.

First every time they have to make new laws to lock in work arounds, the harder it becomes to defend their laws.

Second, each workaround gets grandfathered in the end. (until SACF w/ detachable mags are outright banned which may be indefensible)

meno377
06-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Two things.

First every time they have to make new laws to lock in work arounds, the harder it becomes to defend their laws.

Which is why the innovation and creativity of featureless options are important.

Second, each workaround gets grandfathered in the end. (until SACF w/ detachable mags are outright banned)

Which is more likely next. Without Brown vetoing the bill back in 2013, we would already be there.

cire raeb
06-12-2017, 12:32 PM
This is completely incorrect. Most AR style rifles are not on a list. Willfully registering so-called assault rifles, when you don't have to, makes it easier for them to isolate you and confiscate them in the future. History shows that they WILL DO THIS.

They gave us a legal way out. You can obey their laws and have a fully functional AR style rifle.

You also make the error to think that everyone will continue to comply with their laws. There will come a point in the future where non compliance will be common place.

We are not there yet.

P.S. Sure. In some form or another, we are all on a list. NRA membership lists, Visa/MC receipts, handgun registration. They could use those lists against us. BUT, the important thing to know is that they will use the Assault Weapon List that the gullible willfully signed onto FIRST. You don't want to be in the first wave of confiscations. If you are smart, you will avoid this list so you have time to plan your actions WHEN this socialist state comes after your weapons.

Yeah the legal way out is to make your look like some Batman will carry or bolt lock. I will consider after they take my register ones.

njineermike
06-12-2017, 12:33 PM
This thread makes me happy I left.

JohnBrian
06-12-2017, 12:56 PM
And more on topic, just wait until they can't get their act together for registering people to buy ammo.

Their ammo registration scheme is going to be a clusterf*** of epic proportions, IMHO.

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 1:15 PM
Two things.

Second, each workaround gets grandfathered in the end. (until SACF w/ detachable mags are outright banned which may be indefensible)

They haven't had any trouble defending them so far. Personally I'm not willing to chop my hand off now, on the hopes they'll give it back to me later. As of right now.....have they basically not banned ALL new semi-auto handguns via the smart-gun and microstamping stuff? How long before they start pushing for microstamping on SA rifles too? My guess is the bill is already written up just waiting for the right time to ram it thru.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 1:27 PM
They haven't had any trouble defending them so far. Personally I'm not willing to chop my hand off now, on the hopes they'll give it back to me later. As of right now.....have they basically not banned ALL new semi-auto handguns via the smart-gun and microstamping stuff? How long before they start pushing for microstamping on SA rifles too? My guess is the bill is already written up just waiting for the right time to ram it thru.

I'm not sure how you would be chopping off your hand, but like I said the further these laws go the harder the 9th will have to work to make any sort of logical defense of them. Yes its probably a 10 year process.

ja308
06-12-2017, 1:37 PM
One has to wonder about how many hours go into nonsense,intead of using resources to protect California citizens against real crimes and criminals.

Then again maybe I really don't understand the role of what a Dept of justice is supposed to do. Anyone know what other DOJs do when not saddled with baggage of poorly written ,goofy, laws?

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 1:42 PM
I'm not sure how you would be chopping off your hand, but like I said the further these laws go the harder the 9th will have to work to make any sort of logical defense of them. Yes its probably a 10 year process.

Ask anyone who has grandfathered hi-cap mags they must now dispose of what I might mean by "chopping your hand off".

The intent of the gun-grabbers is absolutely clear, and no amount of compliance and appeasement will satisfy them. They likely know that an overt, outright ban will not fly. So they're going to just "regulate" them out of existence. So there is no benefit at this point to compliance......because compliance just moves the ball closer to their goal line.

Does a football team try to win by purposely letting their opponent move the ball closer to their goal line in hopes of snatching back at the 1yd line and running all the way back down the field?

Do you protect your wife by letting the rapist have her in hopes that you can reason with him during the act to reconsider his actions? Or that someone else will come along and reason with him to see the light of his mistakes?

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 1:47 PM
Ask anyone who has grandfathered hi-cap mags they must now dispose of what I might mean by "chopping your hand off".

The intent of the gun-grabbers is absolutely clear, and no amount of compliance and appeasement will satisfy them. They likely know that an overt, outright ban will not fly. So they're going to just "regulate" them out of existence. So there is no benefit at this point to compliance......because compliance just moves the ball closer to their goal line.

Does a football team try to win by purposely letting their opponent move the ball closer to their goal line in hopes of snatching back at the 1yd line and running all the way back down the field?

Do you protect your wife by letting the rapist have her in hopes that you can reason with him during the act to reconsider his actions? Or that someone else will come along and reason with him to see the light of his mistakes?

What is your definition of compliance? Whether you go featureless or register, that is complying.

I suppose I don't really understand your argument.

nedro
06-12-2017, 1:49 PM
The argument is that it is over.
No more capitulation. We are done here.
How much more clear do you want it?

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 1:50 PM
The argument is that it is over.
No more capitulation. We are done here.
How much more clear do you want it?

So install a regular mag release on a fully featured firearm?

nedro
06-12-2017, 1:50 PM
It's over.
I don't flippin CARE what you do. Stop asking!

Untamed1972
06-12-2017, 1:52 PM
What is your definition of compliance? Whether you go featureless or register, that is complying.

I suppose I don't really understand your argument.

Register eventually becomes confiscation.

Or keep spending money to further neuter your rifle till they get to basically outright banning them anyway. They both lead down the same rathole....all while supposedly waiting to be saved by the courts.

Or....just do nothing.....and wait to be saved by the courts......but if SHTF before then....still have rifle. Everything in life is a gamble. Im just failing to see how further compliance with laws we know are only going to continue to get worse works out in my favor?

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 1:52 PM
It's over.
I don't flippin CARE what you do. Stop asking!

I was just trying to figure out your position. Thanks.

nedro
06-12-2017, 1:53 PM
Stop trying to figure out what others will do. Man up and make your own decision.

Sousuke
06-12-2017, 1:57 PM
Stop trying to figure out what others will do. Man up and make your own decision.

I have (its stated earlier in this thread). If we are having a discussion, its good to know the other person's argument is all.

BluNorthern
06-12-2017, 2:20 PM
I think someone said it before...they aren't registering AR's...they are registering AR owners.

Librarian
06-12-2017, 2:49 PM
See also the new bill thread for AB103 to accomplish the delay and funding - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1344812

AGGRO
06-12-2017, 3:11 PM
Nope. Active. First choice would be leave for free America. But since that's not an option, and there is no hiding that I'm an avid gun owner, I'm going to do a little of everything. Register some, featureless some, some commercial, some 80s.

The way I see it is the DOJ is throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. We know several solid lawsuits are being filed. The problem is, once the registration window passes, you will never be able register a bullet button rifle, even if some of the aspects of the regulations get rescinded.

But that's just my opinion, and I'm just a gun owner like you

BB rifle but not mag locked. I'm fairly certain we will either be having this discussion again(but about mag locked rifles) or these dumb laws will be deemed unconstitutional. I'm ok with both. I've done the registration thing and it was a truly bad idea. At some point I'd like to have the "option" of giving these guns to my son. I'm not real keen on seeing the State get them them, selling them and putting that cash into the general fund. Nope. Or just stealing them for LE to use. Even worse would be having them simply destroyed.

bubbapug1
06-12-2017, 4:47 PM
God help us come time to buy Ammo next year.

If they can't get registration done, which really isn't a tricky software addition to what they already have, imagine the sophisticated point of sale instant background check behemoth of a system they will need to build?!?! And when they figure that bill out expect a 50% excise ammo tax to cover it. The answers, software, and hardware are out there, and in this tech heavy state you'd expect the state could draw on that talent, but we lag the nation in access to simple processes performed by government.

Except for getting unemployment or welfare. That's fast and easy.

Let's hope the hoops people have to jump through will force someone to retract the insanity Ammo ban.

chris
06-12-2017, 6:30 PM

that is going to be a disaster.

chris
06-12-2017, 6:51 PM

they will try it again. My guess is they will try when Newsom is governor. :facepalm:

doggie
06-12-2017, 7:05 PM
This is all part of the "Quickening".
Fasten your seat-belts.

AGGRO
06-13-2017, 6:09 AM
God help us come time to buy Ammo next year.

If they can't get registration done, which really isn't a tricky software addition to what they already have, imagine the sophisticated point of sale instant background check behemoth of a system they will need to build?!?! And when they figure that bill out expect a 50% excise ammo tax to cover it. The answers, software, and hardware are out there, and in this tech heavy state you'd expect the state could draw on that talent, but we lag the nation in access to simple processes performed by government.

Except for getting unemployment or welfare. That's fast and easy.

Let's hope the hoops people have to jump through will force someone to retract the insanity Ammo ban.

Why aren't you reloading?

chris
06-13-2017, 4:33 PM
This is all part of the "Quickening".
Fasten your seat-belts.

There can only be one. :D

Dnele928
06-13-2017, 5:52 PM
One of the quotes I use a lot: Competence is a rare commodity.

Looks like we can count on a good portion of that. Yawn....

chris
06-14-2017, 5:24 PM

i remember this state was free.

Today it's more of a socialist police state with the amount of laws that are passed year after year.

Ford8N
06-14-2017, 6:41 PM

Today it's more of a socialist police state with the amount of laws that are passed year after year.

The majority of voters and the police support that.

Capt.Dunsel
06-14-2017, 7:24 PM
See also the new bill thread for AB103 to accomplish the delay and funding - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1344812

Since the new Ca budget will be in place soon check it out .

Everything in AB103 is tied to the budget and will be in effect starting , wait for it , THIS THURSDAY when they pass the budget .

How is that for and end play ?

AceGirlsHusband
06-15-2017, 9:48 AM
DOJ isn't scrambling at all. They are deliberately dragging their feet. The longer they can delay the lawful registration process the more to their benefit it will be.

Wiz-of-Awd
06-15-2017, 11:35 AM
DOJ isn't scrambling at all. They are deliberately dragging their feet. The longer they can delay the lawful registration process the more to their benefit it will be.

Slight formatting edit.

A.W.D.

dwightlooi
06-15-2017, 1:47 PM

The Government is, and has always been, the Single Payer for Defense Procurement. Has that lowered Defense Procurement Costs and made Defense Procurement more affordable?

dwightlooi
06-15-2017, 1:48 PM

Why not drag their feet until Dec 2017. Then open the system for a month of registration. Anyway who can't register on time? Well, too bad!

dwightlooi
06-15-2017, 1:52 PM

This is pretty easy to remedy... they can pass a law that supercedes all the laws they have on the books. One that is simple, clear and easy to understand.

"Everything is illegal in the state of California except being an Illegal."

1snowridr
06-15-2017, 1:52 PM
Why not drag their feet until Dec 2017. Then open the system for a month of registration. Anyway who can't register on time? Well, too bad!

You sound like you work for the DOJ :eek:

rustyx
06-15-2017, 5:56 PM
It's now going to Brown for consideration.

wpage
06-15-2017, 6:06 PM
Tax and spend is all they know...

Death and taxes certainty.

pluke the 2
06-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Hmm so pass laws that aren't yet final with a full out ban intent. Submit regulations 1/4/yr into proposed registration period. Request (2.58m) money prior to releasing registration system and ask for extensions. Sounds like they want to run a ****ing bank with our money.

pluke the 2
06-15-2017, 10:12 PM
And people still will voluntarily register and fund em.... Hahahahhaa

HibikiR
06-15-2017, 10:32 PM
And people still will voluntarily register and fund em.... Hahahahhaa

With all the chatter of an SKS being used in the congressman shooting, you can bet that Excremento will be going after featureless rifles soon.

CinnamonBear723
06-15-2017, 10:43 PM
With all the chatter of an SKS being used in the congressman shooting, you can bet that Excremento will be going after featureless rifles soon.

Have no doubt in your mind, they will eventually find a reason to outlaw every gun that goes bang. Its their ultimate goal to rob you of your 2nd amendment right.

BigPimping
06-15-2017, 11:14 PM
Pretty soon if it goes bang, it will be illegal. That is really the end result of their efforts. Just like Dianne Feinstein tried to do.

Clairvaux
06-16-2017, 1:01 PM
I have (its stated earlier in this thread). If we are having a discussion, its good to know the other person's argument is all.

Respect :patriot:

Garand Hunter
06-16-2017, 3:35 PM
It appears the State Budget is near to passing, or has it passed already ? Any
news on this yet ? With or without the six month extention ?

Psalm 1

SonofWWIIDI
06-16-2017, 4:18 PM
Maybe DOH ( :D ) realizes that the new supremes are gonna overturn the lamea** law put in place by the lamea** kommiefornia politicians, and is dragging their feet...hope springs eternal.

:)

meno377
06-16-2017, 4:25 PM
Maybe DOH ( :D ) realizes that the new supremes are gonna overturn the lamea** law put in place by the lamea** kommiefornia politicians, and is dragging their feet...hope springs eternal.

Admittedly that has crossed my mind also.

JohnBrian
06-17-2017, 2:06 PM

Admittedly that has crossed my mind also.

I don't think it would make a difference to the DOJ or the legislature. Both are filled with brain-dead commie nazi punks and to their way of thinking it's "their way or the highway".

Garand Hunter
06-27-2017, 3:31 PM
Its Done, Gov signed the bill.

Psalm 1

Wordupmybrotha
06-28-2017, 5:54 AM
Pass a law --> hire more people to execute the law --> raise taxes to fund the law --> bigger and more controlling government

nedro
06-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Pass a law --> hire more people to execute the law --> raise taxes to fund the people --> bigger and more controlling government
Fixed it for the California Legislature.

Wordupmybrotha
06-30-2017, 1:10 PM
^yep