PDA

View Full Version : Carrying at Regional Park?

AdamM
10-29-2008, 2:53 PM
Legality of this? In backpack, open or concealed? Either loaded or unloaded with loaded mag nearby?

What is the law on something like this?

EOD3
10-29-2008, 2:56 PM
I'm not sure which park you're talking about and it doesn't matter anyway. Call the ranger station and ask. Just my blood alcohol content... .02

AdamM
10-29-2008, 2:57 PM
Round Valley and Contra Loma in Contra Costa County

geeknow
10-29-2008, 3:00 PM
not sure about your county, but in LA, I have seen signs saying firearms are a no go there.

Jeff P
10-29-2008, 6:56 PM
Yes, only at the Chabot Gun range.

No, everywhere else,
Section 403 Firearms and Dangerous Weapons
(M) 403.1 Restriction
Except as provided in subsection 403.2 of this Section, no person shall have in his/her possession within the District, nor shall any person fire or discharge, or cause to be fired or discharged, across, in, or into any portion of the District any gun or firearm, spear, bow and arrow, cross bow, sling shot, air or gas weapon, or any other dangerous weapon. (rev. 8/03)
403.2 Exception
The provisions of subsection 403.1 of this Section shall not apply to any of the following cases:

The possession of unloaded firearms or dangerous weapons on public roads solely for the purpose of transporting such firearms or dangerous weapons, through District parklands.
The possession of firearms or other dangerous weapons at a place of residence or business located within the District by a person in lawful possession of the residence or business.
The discharge or firing of firearms in areas designated from time to time by the Board specifically for the purpose of rifle and/or pistol shooting, and to the transportation of such firearms, if unloaded, to and from such designated areas.
The use of a bow and arrow, but not a cross bow, is permitted in areas designated from time to time by the Board specifically for the purpose of archery, but all bows must be unstrung during transportation to and from such designated areas.