PDA

View Full Version : Bren and Scorpion (featureless) HELP

Astroboy827
12-10-2016, 5:18 PM
I have a CZ bren 805 and a CZ scoprion carbine that I want to convert it into featureless. They are currently all stock wz bullet button and the stock pinned.

I know I will need to add the fingrip, but what else do I need to do.

Thank you for any inputs!!!

jericho89
12-10-2016, 7:16 PM
General rule of thumb to go featureless you need to NOT have any of the following on a centerfire detachable mag firearm:
No bayonet lug Thanks for the clarification
No flash suppressor
No forward pistol grip
No pistol grip
No folding or telescoping stock
No thumb hole stock
No grenade launcher
No flare launcher

There may be more but that is all that is coming to mind now.

Lingwendil
12-10-2016, 11:16 PM
General rule of thumb to go featureless you need to NOT have any of the following on a centerfire detachable mag firearm:
No bayonet lug
No flash suppressor
No forward pistol grip
No pistol grip
No folding or telescoping stock
No thumb hole stock
No grenade launcher
No flare launcher

There may be more but that is all that is coming to mind now.

Bayonet lug is not an evil feature.

munkeeboi
12-11-2016, 8:04 AM
For those 2 rifles in current ca BB condition, you'll need to convert the pistol grip to a grip with a wrap and you will need to pin the collapsible aspect of the stock.

The Bren already has a muzzle brake and depending on which scorpion you have you may need to add a muzzle brake. The fake can one is good to go. Off the top of my head, not sure what muzzle device the "naked" scorpion carbine has

jericho89
12-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Bayonet lug is not an evil feature.

Was in the previous definition of an assault weapon which the new law expands on. It was under the description of a weapon that had any of the two evil features. If it has been dropped then that just makes it easier to go featureless.

strongpoint
12-11-2016, 2:01 PM
Was in the previous definition of an assault weapon which the new law expands on. It was under the description of a weapon that had any of the two evil features. If it has been dropped then that just makes it easier to go featureless.

It was in the federal AW law, the one that hasn't existed since 2004. California's AW law has never had a prohibition on bayonet lugs.

jericho89
12-11-2016, 2:13 PM
It was in the federal AW law, the one that hasn't existed since 2004. California's AW law has never had a prohibition on bayonet lugs.

Thank you for the clarification, The upper that I have was from the federal ban era so it never came with one. All I had to do was modify the grip and I was good to go. Thanks again

Astroboy827
12-11-2016, 5:14 PM
THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT...I have the faux supressor scorpiom....it sounds like all i need is the fin and drill the stock and I'm good to go.

I hate that BB on the scorpion so much!!!!!