View Full Version : R. Lee Ermey Names His Favorite Gun Of All Time

Garandimal
12-10-2016, 8:08 AM
lOH_aLoCgig

:D

GR

DaveInOroValley
12-10-2016, 8:14 AM
I've got a talking autographed action figure of him somewhere in the house. Need to find it.

Full Clip
12-10-2016, 8:21 AM
So he's no longer sponsored by Glock?
j/k!!!!

Den60
12-10-2016, 8:42 AM
Were I to get a long gun it would be a M1.

McNally M.
12-10-2016, 10:45 AM
He mentions that Donald Jr. is a great shot. I'd attribute some of that to his upbringing. Reportedly, he spent a great amount of his childhood in Czechoslovakia with Ivana and her family. Ivana's father was an avid hunter and was often accompanied by Donny, which is how he learned to shoot. Pretty cool that he kept up with it, before this video I had no idea he was a competitive shooter.

dfletcher
12-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Mini firing blanks? About 1:10 in that empty brass seems to have some pretty long case necks hitting the ground. Maybe blanks show flash better than live rounds. Not to mention safer standing in front of it with a camera ...

pitfighter
12-10-2016, 1:08 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Mini firing blanks? About 1:10 in that empty brass seems to have some pretty long case necks hitting the ground. Maybe blanks show flash better than live rounds. Not to mention safer standing in front of it with a camera ...

Yes.

Bobby Ricigliano
12-12-2016, 8:14 AM

I have learned to ignore such details so I can just enjoy the show. How many war movies have been made where the ammo bearer is draped in belts of ammo that are conspicuously missing primers on the back? Even more common are scenes where soldiers are firing bolt action rifles like Mausers or Enfields with no recoil impulse or muzzle rise whatsoever. I just say "pass the popcorn. "

omgwtfbbq
12-12-2016, 8:46 AM
I have learned to ignore such details so I can just enjoy the show. How many war movies have been made where the ammo bearer is draped in belts of ammo that are conspicuously missing primers on the back? Even more common are scenes where soldiers are firing bolt action rifles like Mausers or Enfields with no recoil impulse or muzzle rise whatsoever. I just say "pass the popcorn. "

This one gets me every time.

Almost as bad as when the actors attempt to "simulate" the recoil and it looks like a bunch of 7 year olds playing cops and robbers.

AR22
12-12-2016, 2:19 PM
Westerns are pretty bad for that. i was watching The Cartrights on Bonanza, fire a Sharps taking turns. No recoil at all. Better yet they said the guys were over a half mile away, and they implied they had seen the impact, canteen did not even move, just a small hole through it on the guys saddle bag.. Must have had really good eyes back then, and a really small Sharps, LOL

Bobby Ricigliano
12-12-2016, 2:28 PM
This one gets me every time.

Almost as bad as when the actors attempt to "simulate" the recoil and it looks like a bunch of 7 year olds playing cops and robbers.

Oh, you mean the deliberate post-blank fire wrist flick. I love that.

Bobby Ricigliano
12-12-2016, 2:40 PM
I would have guessed he would selected the M1A/M14, but the Garand has the nostalgia edge.

Bullitt01
12-12-2016, 3:08 PM
He was pretty bad *** in 'Full Metal Jacket'!

FrankMo
12-13-2016, 4:42 AM
I need to get me an M1.

FrankMo

Garandimal
12-13-2016, 7:52 PM
I would have guessed he would selected the M1A/M14, but the Garand has the nostalgia edge.

The M1 Garand is like the Samurai Sword.

Everything you need - nothin' you don't.

(And he probably went through boot camp with one.)

;)

GR

Ultralight
12-14-2016, 1:02 PM
I need to get me an M1.

FrankMo

Check out the CMP, man. It's the way to go about it.
I've bought four M1s via the CMP.

Nacho_Eater
12-16-2016, 7:02 PM
I didn't know that he shoots competitively with the M1 Garand. Does he shoot with the Burbank Rifle & Pistol Club?

DesertWalker
12-17-2016, 8:49 AM

Or when the receiver of shotgun blast flies through the air for 20 feet? It just won't happen. For every action, there is an equal & opposite action.:(

Somkey the Hores
12-23-2016, 7:14 PM
Inspired by the movie Purple Hearts.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l315/SiegfriedVonFunk/Gunny.jpg (http://s99.photobucket.com/user/SiegfriedVonFunk/media/Gunny.jpg.html)

Eat Dirt
12-23-2016, 7:29 PM
He mentions that Donald Jr. is a great shot. I'd attribute some of that to his upbringing. Reportedly, he spent a great amount of his childhood in Czechoslovakia with Ivana and her family. Ivana's father was an avid hunter and was often accompanied by Donny, which is how he learned to shoot. Pretty cool that he kept up with it, before this video I had no idea he was a competitive shooter.

And let me correct something right here and Now

It's Mr. PRESIDENT , DONALD TRUMP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisBrooklyn
12-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Oh, you mean the deliberate post-blank fire wrist flick. I love that.

my personal fave is the slide rack sound from a revolver, or when pretty much any gun gets pulled out for that matter, rifles included

someoneeasy
12-25-2016, 12:29 PM
I've got a talking autographed action figure of him somewhere in the house. Need to find it.

I got one too! Had him autograph it for me when I met him at a birthday ball back in 2004.

cvigue
12-25-2016, 12:33 PM

The lever guns in WestWorld eject brass when fired. Sigh. Hollywood.

sonofeugene
12-25-2016, 2:14 PM
my personal fave is the slide rack sound from a revolver, or when pretty much any gun gets pulled out for that matter, rifles included

Like most motorcycles always end up sounding like inline fours or Harleys. Or when cars come to a quick stop and the tires always squeal. Never mind that most vehicles have ABS nowadays and that they're driving on dirt roads.