PDA

View Full Version : Creedmoor Sports CSR-1

ocabj
10-23-2008, 7:50 AM
http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=889456&cat=270&page=1

Looks like Creedmoor Sports is officially selling the prototype rifle Dennis DeMille has been using.

Built around a custom made John Pierce action
28” Broughton barrel (http://www.rifle-barrels.net/index.html)
Gary Elesio Stock
Fully adjustable 2-stage Jackson Trigger with adjustable trigger shoe
Includes two custom single-stack 5 round magazines and single round sled
Fully adjustable and removeable rear stock:
4-way butt plate
Adjustable cheekpiece
Adjustable length of pull
Off-settable butt plate
Fully adjustable hand guard, capable of 15 degree rotation from center in either direction
Single round sled included
Two removeable buttstock 4.8 oz. weights included
Adjustable handstop included, ready for your push-button 1 ½” sling swivel
Available chambers: 6.5 Creedmoor, 6XC, .308, .223 and 6.5x47
Available in left or right handed
Weight of rifle:
without sights/mag/extra weights: 13.25 lbs
with sights/mag/extra weights: 14.75 lbs

Recommended sight kit as shown ($797.90) Includes:

Phoenix Top Mount ¼ minute rear sight
Gehmann 510 adjustable rear iris
T2K Ladder front sight with level and extra mount
Gehmann 2.4 – 4.4mm adjustable front iris

The price is up there at $3750. Still cheaper than a Tubb 2000. But I think overall, it's slightly more expensive than building your own tube rifle using Eliseo's R5 kit, especially since you can use your own Remington 700 action.

Definitely an option for anyone looking to shoot Match Rifle in High Power (XTC, Mid-Range, or Long-Range).

I'm actually pondering this rifle. I still haven't gotten around to buying my Eliseo R5 kit to build up my Match Rifle. The CSR-1 might save me time and effort going through the motions of buying the R5, getting the gun rebarrelled by another gunsmith, etc.

rolly
10-23-2008, 11:37 AM
http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=889456&cat=270&page=1

Looks like Creedmoor Sports is officially selling the prototype rifle Dennis DeMille has been using.

The price is up there at $3750. Still cheaper than a Tubb 2000. But I think overall, it's slightly more expensive than building your own tube rifle using Eliseo's R5 kit, especially since you can use your own Remington 700 action.

Definitely an option for anyone looking to shoot Match Rifle in High Power (XTC, Mid-Range, or Long-Range).

I'm actually pondering this rifle. I still haven't gotten around to buying my Eliseo R5 kit to build up my Match Rifle. The CSR-1 might save me time and effort going through the motions of buying the R5, getting the gun rebarrelled by another gunsmith, etc.

no scope on this weapon? why?

ocabj
10-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Scope? That's what the sights are for.

Seriously, High Power is shot with metallic sights. Unless you shoot in Long-Range any/any (any rifle service or match, any sights metallic or scoped).

SDJim
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Because you typically don't use a scoped rifle when shooting Across the Course Matches.

rolly
10-24-2008, 8:36 AM
ok, so it is a very specific competiton designed rifle ? would this rifle be good at long distance (over 600 yards) ? if yes why don't they market it that way?

Thank you (sorry Iam still new in the game!)

ocabj
10-24-2008, 9:09 AM
Yes, this rifle is designed for High Power Rifle competitions.

It is similar to a Tubb 2000 and the Eliseo R5.

Yes, there's no reason why you couldn't use it in Long Range formats (i.e. Palma or 1000 yard any), especially if using the 6.5 Creedmoor chambering.

Marketing? Well, Creedmoor Sports is a company that caters primarily to High Power competition shooters. Therefore, the customer base already knows what this rifle would be capable of doing.

I'm pretty sure Gary Eliseo is making the CSR-1 for Creedmoor. Check out the R5 kit that he designed a few years ago:

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek074.html

The CSR-1 is probably an 'improved' version of the R5.

And if you want to start shooting High Power, I'd recommend cutting your teeth with Service Rifle first. It's less expensive rifle and ammo wise. Plus, it's more 'traditional' to start in Service Rifle and transition to Match Rifle after you've established yourself as a High Master with the Service Rifle.

Nate Haler
10-24-2008, 9:11 AM

"weapon"? Fer crissakes man, it's a rifle. It's a firearm. Use the terminology that is correct, and which doesn't cause further damage to the cause of the shooting sports and 2nd Amendment.

Bricks, knives, fists, torches, SUVs, bats, crossbows, scissors, axes, and everything else can be used as a weapon. Like firearms.

Come on now. Let's keep our ammo to ourselves, instead of handing it to liberals and other insane types.

aplinker
10-24-2008, 9:19 AM
:rolleyes:

"weapon"? Fer crissakes man, it's a rifle. It's a firearm. Use the terminology that is correct, and which doesn't cause further damage to the cause of the shooting sports and 2nd Amendment.

Bricks, knives, fists, torches, SUVs, bats, crossbows, scissors, axes, and everything else can be used as a weapon. Like firearms.

Come on now. Let's keep our ammo to ourselves, instead of handing it to liberals and other insane types.

Fjold
10-24-2008, 9:28 AM
$3750 plus another $700 in sights, add it up and pretty soon you're talking about real money.

If you shot Palma you have to use 308 Win, not the 6.5 Creedmore.

mike452
10-24-2008, 9:45 AM
Does the 6.5 Creedmore fill a niche market?

With 11 workers and annual sales of $750K, they must be taking advice from Steve Jobs.

Steve O
10-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Looks like crap. No thanks.

Paratus et Vigilans
10-24-2008, 1:14 PM

When you can shoot a 199 19-x with it like Dennis does, how it looks really doesn't matter. Match rifles are built for results, not looks. :rolleyes:

Fjold
10-24-2008, 2:16 PM

Just the opposite to me, I like the way it looks. I also like blue steel and fine walnut.

The only kind of rifles that I find really ugly are the Steyr AUG style and bullpup looking rifles.

BroncoBob
10-24-2008, 8:18 PM
I just totally like surpreme accruate rifles. If I could afford one I would have one in my gun safe.