PDA

View Full Version : Good Gunshop in Reno/Carson?

RP1911
10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Anyone know of a good gunshop in Reno/Carson area?

My brother-in-law's neighbors are looking to buy a couple of G23s.

Any help is appreciated.

jksupplyco
10-19-2008, 1:17 PM
High Cap Gun Works

75 Bank Street
Suite 23
Sparks, NV 89431

I talked Andrew through the CFLC process as they had not done any shipping to Ca. We ended up talking for about 1/2 hour. Seems like a good group of guys over there, and as new converts to the Ca process, and willing to take the time to deal with our CA BS, I highly recommend that we show them some love.

Tell 'em we appreciate the effort!

RP1911
10-19-2008, 2:26 PM
Thanks. I'll pass it on.

Booshanky
10-19-2008, 4:42 PM
Anyone know of a good gunshop in Reno/Carson area?

My brother-in-law's neighbors are looking to buy a couple of G23s.

Any help is appreciated.

When I lived in reno I'd always go down to Bizarre guns on Oddie Blvd, but that was like 7 years ago. Don't know if they're still any good.

Pvt. Cowboy
10-19-2008, 7:05 PM
Mark, Fore, and Strike on Kietzke Lane/Mills (Interesting selection here)

Cabela's at Exit 4 at Boomtown on I-80.

Silver State Arms also on Kietzke (Interesting stuff here too)

Scheel's just opened up in the Sparks Marina (Exit 20 on I-80E)

Sportsman's Warehouse also on Kietzke

Ford8N
10-20-2008, 5:32 AM
Mark, Fore, and Strike on Kietzke Lane/Mills (Interesting selection here)

Cabela's at Exit 4 at Boomtown on I-80.

Silver State Arms also on Kietzke (Interesting stuff here too)

Scheel's just opened up in the Sparks Marina (Exit 20 on I-80E)

Sportsman's Warehouse also on Kietzke

Scheel's sux. The owner is anti pistol grip anything. Do not support.

RP1911
10-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks everyone.

Pvt. Cowboy
10-23-2008, 12:39 AM
Scheel's sux. The owner is anti pistol grip anything. Do not support.

Well, they had a whole bunch of DPMS and Armalite AR10/AR15 rifles for sale there, as well as pistol grip riot guns with door breachers from Remington, Benelli, and Scattergun Tech.

Also had a whole cabinet full of AR15 small parts. Try to find one of those in a retail store when you need one.

ToddM
10-23-2008, 2:48 AM
Actually the only beef I've heard of with scheels and AR's is they won't touch anything with a collapsible stock, they won't even order you one setup that way. Every AR they have in the place is a full stock.

Scheels is okay, their prices are not that great, okay selection of mainstream stuff, and they usually give fair trade in prices. They have a lot of stock as well, 5-6 wilsons, 3 JP ar's, 2-3 .308 AR's etc.

Mark fore and strike......their people know their stuff but their prices are INSANE, they are over MSRP on most stuff. A box of 168 gr gold medal 308's is $48, their benelli M4's are $200 more than scheels, $270 more than sportsmans, their wilson handguns are over MSRP, etc. etc. I don't mind supporting a good shop but that's crazy. Aside the prices it seems like a great shop, but when you can drive half a mile an save 30%+ across the board I'm amazed they stay in business.

Bizarre is under new ownership I guess, they have some good toys in there, lots of HK's 93's, G3's SP89 etc. Not much else unique though, seem nice enough.

Silver State, again aside some HK's nothing impressive.

Sportsmans has the best prices, not much selection.

Cabelas is okay as well.

If mark fore and strike had normal prices they'd be at the top of my list for sure.

Ford8N
10-23-2008, 5:46 AM
Well, they had a whole bunch of DPMS and Armalite AR10/AR15 rifles for sale there, as well as pistol grip riot guns with door breachers from Remington, Benelli, and Scattergun Tech.

Also had a whole cabinet full of AR15 small parts. Try to find one of those in a retail store when you need one.

This is good news. There was a dust up over at another forum that is out of state about Scheels being anti-pistol grip. This was two years ago. There was a letter writing/e-mail thing going to ask why no EBR's. I wrote and the owner answered me and gave the usual "these things have no use in civilian hands, blah blah blah, but we still support the Second Amendment":confused:. Next time at my place I'll check out the local Scheels.

SigShooter
10-23-2008, 10:11 AM
When I lived in reno I'd always go down to Bizarre guns on Oddie Blvd, but that was like 7 years ago. Don't know if they're still any good.

Bizarre Guitars... They are still there, at least they were the last time I was up there (April). Nice selection and prices are OK, but they do have good deals on guitars. I still get a kick out of walking into a guitar shop and walking out of a gun shop...