PDA

View Full Version : Year 2000 AW registration

elmercatihanan
11-07-2016, 11:47 PM
With the looming new AW weapons ban, I am contemplating to register all my ARs because I'm not willing to turn them into safe-queens after 2018. Before I do though, I was wondering has anyone here registered their ARs back in 2000? Cause my million dollar question is if there every was any confiscation? Any comments would be appreciated.

StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca
11-08-2016, 12:20 AM
No RAW confiscations that I know of(yet).

Oceanbob
11-08-2016, 12:39 AM
No confiscation on my 11 RAWs I registered in good faith back in 1999.

The guns are AWs by "Name" so I can't swap out Lowers or change any of them to 'featureless".

I can only transport them to and from restricted locations. I cannot gift them to any of my 5 kids....:(. Because of this they ARE Safe queens.

Now I own featureless rifles. I can travel Willy Nilly with them. My kids can borrow or shoot them. I can gift them or sell them to whomever I choose.

It is very inexpensive to convert to featureless. After you convert, no action is required via the State. No paperwork. No forms on a computer.

Convert all your rifles and keep your remaining freedoms. Freedom to make your
own decisions. Like the responsible adult you are.

This AW registration scheme is a Scam that only penalizes honest gun enthusiasts. Criminals don't give a rats arse about magazine capacity or Pistol grips. How stupid to think they will follow these idiotic laws.

Be well
Bob

PS... featureless rifles don't require a bullet button. All mine have a normal mag button.

herpasyphalaids
11-08-2016, 8:09 AM
Good post Bob!

God Bless America
11-08-2016, 7:07 PM
Yes I registered, and no confiscations.

ar15robert
11-08-2016, 7:44 PM
With the looming new AW weapons ban, I am contemplating to register all my ARs because I'm not willing to turn them into safe-queens after 2018. Before I do though, I was wondering has anyone here registered their ARs back in 2000? Cause my million dollar question is if there every was any confiscation? Any comments would be appreciated.

I did mine and honestly never an issue besides its officially in a state computer.I know others at the time who rebelled and they regretted it sold their rifles for pennies on the dollar.

Never a problem on blm land as i have had more looks at public ranges.Only drawback is that it can only be transported from point a to b and in a locked container vs any other firearm that can be carried in a locked case wherever you travel too.

myk
11-08-2016, 7:48 PM
Yes I registered, and no confiscations.

Not yet. It ain't 1988 anymore...

Citadelgrad87
11-08-2016, 7:51 PM
I registered mone and no issue, except for the legally purchased magazines some may have bought that are set to become illegal.

bohoki
11-08-2016, 7:56 PM
i registered an ar clone i dont use it much since i dont want it to break i use many off list homebuilds but now i got to find a way to mark them in compliance

the main gripe is back then they banned the fun magazines but said you can keep all your old ones no problem well they went back on their word i feel that is a violation of our civil contract where we have tradeoffs