PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo Hit Style Shooting

ontmark
10-15-2008, 8:00 PM
4 Shot, Including Toddler, Outside Vallejo House
VALLEJO (CBS 5) ― Police were investigating a drive-by shooting at a Vallejo house Wednesday evening that left four people injured, including a 2-year old toddler.

It happened in the 1500 block of Lorenzo Street near Elliot just before 5 p.m. The shooting scene is just down the street from Dan Mini Elementary School.

Vallejo Police Lt. Eric Mortenson told CBS 5 that a man in a "ninja-style" motorcycle drove up to the house and fired into a group of men standing in front of the house.

It was not clear whether the gunman knew there was a toddler in the group.

"It appears to be targeted," said Lt. Mortenson, although he said witnesses were still being interviewed.

Police said the motorcyclist was a black man wearing a dark leather jacket; possibly black or dark blue or purple. He used a .44 caliber handgun to shoot into the group of men.

More than two dozen police evidence markers were sporadically placed on a sidewalk in front of the house and throughout the street.

Mortenson said the toddler was airlifted to Oakland Children's Hospital for treatment and was not doing well. The toddler's gender was still not clear.

( MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs5.com/crime/vallejo.shooting.incident.2.841543.html

Time to carry at home all the time.

ghost
10-15-2008, 8:03 PM
sad to say its the sign of the times,especially living out here in the bay area.

The Cable Guy
10-15-2008, 8:07 PM
VALLEJO (CBS 5) ― Police were investigating a drive-by shooting at a Vallejo house Wednesday evening that left four people injured, including a 2-year old toddler.

It happened in the 1500 block of Lorenzo Street near Elliot just before 5 p.m. The shooting scene is just down the street from Dan Mini Elementary School.

Vallejo Police Lt. Eric Mortenson told CBS 5 that a man in a "ninja-style" motorcycle drove up to the house and fired into a group of men standing in front of the house.

It was not clear whether the gunman knew there was a toddler in the group.

"It appears to be targeted," said Lt. Mortenson, although he said witnesses were still being interviewed.

Police said the motorcyclist was a black man wearing a dark leather jacket; possibly black or dark blue or purple. He used a .44 caliber handgun to shoot into the group of men.

More than two dozen police evidence markers were sporadically placed on a sidewalk in front of the house and throughout the street.

Mortenson said the toddler was airlifted to Oakland Children's Hospital for treatment and was not doing well. The toddler's gender was still not clear.

( MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://cbs5.com/crime/vallejo.shooting.incident.2.841543.html

Time to carry at home all the time.

Well, this means the AW category will be expanded to include "all firearms with a rotating chamber, chambered in .38 SPC, .357 Mag, and .44 Mag

sierratangofoxtrotunion
10-15-2008, 9:16 PM
wearing a dark leather jacket; possibly black or dark blue or purple

A purple leather jacket.

Let's think about that for a few minutes before we put it in the police report or in the news story...

AJAX22
10-16-2008, 3:29 AM
4 hits out of a six shooter from a motorcycle?

Methinks he's practiced...

and they're looking for a guy that's left handed.

ryno066
10-16-2008, 6:38 AM
It didn’t say he did it while moving.

wildcard
10-16-2008, 8:06 AM
Also didn't say it was a revolver.

sierratangofoxtrotunion
10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
It didn’t say he did it while moving.
Well most shootings I've seen, that aren't point blank, were spray n pray, with 2 rounds in 10 hitting non-vital areas.

UBFRAGD
10-16-2008, 4:36 PM
I could've sworn the news just said 30 shots fired, the pic on the news showed tons of those stupid orange cartridge markers littering the street. So I assumed the shooter just emptied two 15-round mags out of a semi-auto probably a straw purchase .40 S+W glock/sig etc.

I mean, even the great Miculek is going to have to push to reload his six-shot .44 FIVE TIMES while the homies just sit around........

Also, when we were watching the news this morning, they were talking about the suspects motorcycle being a "ninja" style bike, black with a blue stripe. Us bikers know of no such stock bike. So apparently those ninja types are just as dangerous as we thought........:cool:

Saigon1965
10-16-2008, 4:40 PM
Quite a bit of casings were found - Evidence tags are everywhere.

Xerxes
10-16-2008, 4:43 PM
VALLEJO (CBS 5) ― Police were investigating a drive-by shooting

....Vallejo Police Lt. Eric Mortenson told CBS 5 that a man in a "ninja-style" motorcycle drove up to the house and fired into a group of men standing in front of the house.

I have watched lots of ninja movies and seen what those ninjas do on TV so I am qualified to declare the need to ban NINJA MOTORCYCLES.

No one needs a Ninja bike. They should be banned immediately and this just goes to show you that I was right all along that all this ninja stuff needs a good banning.:eek:

saki302
10-17-2008, 2:54 AM
Purple jacket? It was Prince!

-Dave

Spiggy
10-17-2008, 10:06 AM
http://www.top-toys-kids.com/images/walmart/0002708435603_215X215.jpg
Run away! they're after our Kawasaki Ninjas!

hkfooey
10-17-2008, 10:16 AM
I was watching the news last night and saw all the casting on the ground... must be a semi-auto with pre-ban mag... but the shooter hit everyone, at night, on a bike... not too bad as a shooter... probably another gang related again... :(

ricknadine1111
10-17-2008, 11:29 PM
I grew up out there in Vallejo.:hide:

tankerman
10-18-2008, 5:24 AM
Also didn't say it was a revolver.
Well, I suppose he could have been shooting a Desert Eagle 44.

DRSFEFA
10-18-2008, 7:48 AM
Well, I suppose he could have been shooting a Desert Eagle 44.

A favorite of gang bangers nationwide!:17: :D

ontmark
10-18-2008, 6:56 PM
Give this some thought!
Person pulls up on a motorcycle and stops.
Presents a handgun and engages on targets.
Hitting the targets multiple times each. Four targets.
According to the news article.
Toddler was struck three times, once in the abdomen.
One of the adults was struck in the spine.
Seems like center mass hits.
Holsters or secures the weapon before driving off.
This really smells like a professional hit.

Fjold
10-18-2008, 7:06 PM
Not professional.

To many witnesses.

AJAX22
10-18-2008, 7:23 PM
Not professional.

To many witnesses.

That is not a problem if you are wearing a motorcycle helmet and jacket and riding a stolen motorcycle.

more witnesses means more inaccurate descriptions.

ontmark
10-18-2008, 7:24 PM
Not professional.

To many witnesses.

Maybe!
Who can ID a person with a full face helmet on?
Motorcycles disassemble real quick and easy for disposal for parts.
Who knew they were in the yard?
Still pretty good shooting and re-holster.
Two to more hits per person out of possible thirty rounds.
Still sounds like a well trained shooter.
Even LEO hits are like 15 to 20 percent.

tankerman
10-18-2008, 7:24 PM
Not professional.

To many witnesses.
What could they see if the bike was stolen and the person wearing leathers, helmet and tinted face shield.

Doubt there is anyone in Vallejo important enough to have a trained assasin ordered up.

If there was a group standing on the lawn or driveway you wouldn't have to be all that good a shot to hit several folks repeatedly, specially once you got someone or several down on the ground, the toddler could have been used as a shield by one of the victims.