PDA

View Full Version : I just got the best e-mail ever!

BigMac
10-14-2008, 6:22 PM
Those of you that know me, know I like unique firearms. I like belt fed, big boy toys..
Some months ago I sold my 1919 to upgrade my collection. Today I received an e-mail that it's replacement was off to the refinishers for blueing.

Within two weeks my new Maxim Snowcap 1910 semi should be arriving!

When I get back I have to send out the final payment. I have to start cleaning my belts packed in cosmoline.
Right now I whished I had been stocking up on 7.62x54

I will post pics when it arrives.

There is something about a firearm you know has seen combat:43:

djbooya
10-14-2008, 6:28 PM
Those of you that know me, know I like unique firearms. I like belt fed, big boy toys..
Some months ago I sold my 1919 to upgrade my collection. Today I received an e-mail that it's replacement was off to the refinishers for blueing.

When I get back I have to send out the final payment. I have to start cleaning my belts packed in cosmoline.

I actually hope I never end up with a firearm that's seen combat. I'm kinda superstitious that bad mojo will come with it if it was used to kill people.

tankerman
10-14-2008, 6:44 PM
Where you going to keep that thing?

Maybe hook it up to your trailer hitch and drive it to the range? Will you have to get a license plate and registration?

Blue
10-14-2008, 6:46 PM
I actually hope I never end up with a firearm that's seen combat. I'm kinda superstitious that bad mojo will come with it if it was used to kill people.

Come on man, you don't see cool factor in that? It's history, not a tool with a thirst for blood that's gonna get you while you sleep.

djbooya
10-14-2008, 7:09 PM
Come on man, you don't see cool factor in that? It's history, not a tool with a thirst for blood that's gonna get you while you sleep.

I do see the cool factor and can appreciate it, but I also watch Ghost Hunters and some of what I see/hear phreaks me the heck out...

tankerman
10-14-2008, 7:11 PM
you're joking, right?
I do see the cool factor and can appreciate it, but I also watch Ghost Hunters and some of what I see/hear phreaks me the heck out...

djbooya
10-14-2008, 7:32 PM
you're joking, right?

nope, hearing a voice say "leave us" or something like that when there's nobody around freaks me out... and as much as I love fake horror movies seeing something that looks quite real scares the crap out of me...call me a wuss, but you can't shoot a ghost...

ghost
10-14-2008, 8:20 PM
that is good news bigmac.i want to check it out when its put together and hopefully you`ll let me shoot it sometime;)

icormba
10-29-2008, 4:09 PM
nope, hearing a voice say "leave us" or something like that when there's nobody around freaks me out... and as much as I love fake horror movies seeing something that looks quite real scares the crap out of me...call me a wuss, but you can't shoot a ghost...

Let's hope those ghosts only speak Nazi German or Soviet Russian. ;)

dfletcher
10-29-2008, 4:12 PM
Well it seems like I'm the only guy whose never heard of one of these, so I just had to do a look up - the license plate comment sort of caught my interest. Granted it's the full auto version, but man - the semi version I assume looks every bit imposing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF9cY95qGZI

M. Sage
10-29-2008, 7:36 PM

... you do realize that ghosts aren't real, right? Being scared of ghosts is for ten year old kids, not adults.

I have a Mosin 91/30 that I'm sure saw combat.

darkest2000
10-29-2008, 7:49 PM

You've got to be kidding me.

Let's see. I just talked ot my rack of 12 C&R rifles which probably have ALL seen combat and action and the ghost in them say they're thankful to be under my hospitality instead of being chopped up/melted down/thrown away.

Get real and start shooting and stop embarassing yourself by worrying about imaginary friends that live inside the buttstock compartment of your M1.

And besides, even if ghosts are real, don't you think the ghost would haunt the PERSON that killed him, instead of the tool?

If you were a ghost would you go haunt the guy that just killed you, or would you haunt his goddamn Mossy 500 12ga that he was using?

djbooya
10-29-2008, 8:06 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Let's see. I just talked ot my rack of 12 C&R rifles which probably have ALL seen combat and action and the ghost in them say they're thankful to be under my hospitality instead of being chopped up/melted down/thrown away.

Get real and start shooting and stop embarassing yourself by worrying about imaginary friends that live inside the buttstock compartment of your M1.

And besides, even if ghosts are real, don't you think the ghost would haunt the PERSON that killed him, instead of the tool?

If you were a ghost would you go haunt the guy that just killed you, or would you haunt his goddamn Mossy 500 12ga that he was using?

To each his own.... I'm haven't stopped shooting or anything and am not really embarrassed either.... Watch Ghost Hunters and maybe more people will believe that there just my be ghosts besides me... In any case, I'll still be doing my C&R collection, but hope my weapon hasn't been used to kill anyone.

Santa Cruz Armory
10-29-2008, 8:09 PM
:rofl:

Spiggy
10-29-2008, 8:18 PM
To each his own.... I'm haven't stopped shooting or anything and am not really embarrassed either.... Watch Ghost Hunters and maybe more people will believe that there just my be ghosts besides me... In any case, I'll still be doing my C&R collection, but hope my weapon hasn't been used to kill anyone.
in that case, your collection is extremely haunted, :D I'll be more than happy to ensure the ghosts are exorcised away properly for $1 per piece
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/Spiggys_pics/arisaka/ijweapcoll.jpg
as you can see here, I have Japanese items that have seen several atrocities across the pacific war, and all of which were properly exorcised.

Max-the-Silent
10-30-2008, 5:46 AM

Good on you - always wanted a Maxim when we had our SOT, and never ran into one with the right timing (financially) and never got around to building one.

You Sir, have stimulated my envy gene.

Damn!

Max-the-Silent
10-30-2008, 5:54 AM

You're belief is understandable.

I don't choose to go along with you, but I understand you.

I have one pistol and one revolver in one of my safes that was used in a murder/suicide by someone that was very close to me. The pieces were returned to the family, and were given to me. I don't shoot them, never will, but keep them to remind me of two things - the good man that my friend was, and the dark moment that he allowed to overtake him.

Mojo is created by you - not the last owner. Think about it. If you acquired Jimi Hendrix's Fender Stratocaster, you wouldn't play at his level, even if you practiced for 100 years.

AaronHorrocks
10-30-2008, 7:21 AM
Mac, I'm thinking of selling my M1919A4, interested?