PDA

View Full Version : Richard Stefani law suit

Mark49
10-12-2008, 6:45 PM
I posted under Ontario Gun Show about being a victim of Stefani defense at the last gun show at Ontario Convention Center. After posting my scenario i found others that also became a victim of Stefani Defense embezzlement practices. I talked to one of the associates at Crossroads of the West and there going to help us (anyone that got burned) from Stefani. As of today i have 4 people that had the same experience as myself, Stefani took the money, made a million excuses and never delivered any product or refund.

Also as of Tuesday i'm going to file a complaint with the San Bernardino District attorney, Orange County DA, and Los Angles DA for fraud. I tried to check for any business licenses and found none in any County. Did a DBA search found nothing, did property search and also found nothing, this guy is a ghost.
Pass the word and if other like myself were victims, I will pay all attorney fee’s if any, but most important lets make sure others don’t become victims of his embezzlement.

All of you should read his web site where he admits and apologizes for (in his words) mistake in the Utah CCW license, but in fact never refunded any monies back to his clients.

http://www.sdfirearms.com/

Thanks for reading

Mark

randy
10-12-2008, 7:35 PM
I checked the link and didn't see anything. What happened?

Mark49
10-14-2008, 9:43 AM
I checked the link and didn't see anything. What happened?

I sent him this link I want him to know we are on to him.... He deleted his admission of guilt on his web site, what a crack up...
For someone that rips off California buyers he sure is concerned about his web site reputation, this says only one thing he plans on continuing his efforts to embezzle our hard earned cash... Knowledge is power.

duenor
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
what happened?
i'm not clear what is going on.

ke6guj
10-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Is this what you are talking about? http://www.sdfirearms.com/ccw_training.asp

Mark49
10-14-2008, 5:21 PM
Is this what you are talking about? http://www.sdfirearms.com/ccw_training.asp

Yep thats the link in his web site..... I see he deleted it ASAP I turned my case over to the S.B Distict Attorney today. My next move is to contact all his advertisers that are on his site like Sportsman.com i spend a ton of dough with those folks. I will also follow his moves through the Calif gun show circuit. another traveling carni can artist.

ke6guj
10-14-2008, 5:49 PM
Yep thats the link in his web site..... I see he deleted it ASAP

That link still works and has info there, including updated up til August. Was there other stuff that got deleted, or are you not able to even see the page?

rayra
10-14-2008, 6:54 PM
Still not clear what happened. Other than a public calling out and the use of the word 'embezzlement', you've related nothing but an attempt to do his business harm. And that sort of thing itself is actionable, so you should either be more forthcoming or much less.

hawk1
10-14-2008, 7:22 PM
Still not clear what happened. Other than a public calling out and the use of the word 'embezzlement', you've related nothing but an attempt to do his business harm. And that sort of thing itself is actionable, so you should either be more forthcoming or much less.

Did you miss this part?

Stefani took the money, made a million excuses and never delivered any product or refund

Or this one;

where he admits and apologizes for (in his words) mistake in the Utah CCW license, but in fact never refunded any monies back to his clients

duenor
10-14-2008, 7:41 PM
that's not details; that's imprecise accusations.
if you want the community to support you, you kind of have to tell us a little more. otherwise the best we can do is say, good luck with what you want to do...

hawk1
10-14-2008, 8:13 PM
that's not details; that's imprecise accusations.
if you want the community to support you, you kind of have to tell us a little more. otherwise the best we can do is say, good luck with what you want to do...

Again, did you miss this part;

Pass the word and if other like myself were victims, I will pay all attorney fee’s if any, but most important lets make sure others don’t become victims of his embezzlement.

He's looking for others that have been wronged, not support.

oaklander
10-14-2008, 8:17 PM
A time-line of what you alleged to have happened would help.

Mark49
10-14-2008, 9:58 PM
Ok here we go (I say we because others on calguns PC-ed c me and told me the same situation happened to them) Now adding other board members that contacted me that became victims I build my case

The actual facts:
A few guns shows ago I went to the Crossroads of the West gun show at the Ontario Convention Center, there I met Richard Stephani at one of the booths, he had all sorts of knifes, pepper spray etc, but his poster board said Florida or Utah CCW $250.00, I started to talk to him and he said that sense I had a Calif CCW he would discount me a Florida CCW for $220.00. I complete all the necessary paperwork, finger printed, etc. paid him by check and off I went with the promise i would have my Florida CCW in 4-5 weeks.

After weeks go by I call him, no returned phone calls, no returned emails, nothing. I keep calling and emailing now weeks have passed and I get this email, Sorry I was in training” That’s it no response to my questions. Two more weeks go by again nothing, this goes on for months then I email his (see actual email below) he now claims he’ll refund my money and still process my Florida CCW for free. So this obviously doesn’t happen so I start making a few phone calls, come to find out through Crossroads of the West they received numerous complaints regarding his business ethics and payments in return for no product… Oh BTW you need to call his 1-800-# it’s now disconnected, but his main # is still in service Its 818-730-5454 both phone #s say if your calling from a blocked number to un block it or he’ll not return your call, in other words he screens his calls from bill collectors, clients that services were never rendered etc.

Update: he’s changed his phone greeting to the automated one… I’m feeling great I’m going to make a difference by having fewer victims fall prey to this con artist!!!!!

In closing why am I doing this? Its certain that I’ll never see a buck from this loser, but for some strange reason he still can rent a table last minute at Crossroads of the West, and maybe other gun show exhibitors, with that said if we all are aware of this man and his scam that’s one less person that doesn’t become separated from his/hers hard earned cash for a service that ya’ll never receive.

So now you have it… I was contacted by a member of this board by PC and he didn’t give me permission to post his screen name or content, I wouldn’t without it, but he was a victim with the same result with Richard Stefani, but I do have two others from another gun board if this doesn’t suffice.

Embezzlement…… misuse entrusted money or property. To take for personal use money or property that has been given on trust by others, without their knowledge or permission

<Stefani>

No problem,

We'll refund your money and still process your application. You will get your ccw at no charge due to our mix-up.

Richard A. Stefani
Chief Instructor - Stefani Defensive Firearms
www.sdfirearms@sdfirearms.com
800.222.9096 - office
818.730.5454 - cell
----- Original Message -----
To: sdfirearms@sdfirearms.com
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 6:18 PM
Subject: SPAM-LOW: RE: SPAM-LOW: RE: My Florida CCW

<Me>

April 25, 2008
Richard Stepfani
As a result of your actions, or lack of, this is my finial letter of demand for a full refund of $220.00 paid in advance for my Florida CCW. I have made every effort to get this simple procedure completed and concluded that you had no attentions of fulfilling our business agreement.
With that said please mail payment to me within 10 days to the name and address below. If not received by that date I’ll have no choice but to pursue legal actions against you and your company.

Pending CC
Crossroad of the West
Ontario Business license div
Ontario police, fraud div
Better Business Bureau
(My) Attorney at law
Signed My name_____________

duenor
10-15-2008, 5:31 AM
Ah, I see.
It is heartening to see that there are some people around who will go after justice even if it will likely cost them more than they originally lost.

EBWhite
03-06-2009, 5:30 PM
I got a ccw with him back in 2005. He is a complete moron, scatterbrain mess. Never got my certificate from him, promised atleast 5 times to send it etc., never got it, which sucks but i do have my utah ccw!

Bob D.
06-13-2011, 3:11 PM
Anyone have contact info for Stefani?

Woodworker2
06-13-2011, 5:05 PM
Archive.org is your friend....

http://web.archive.org/web/20080828035834/http://www.sdfirearms.com/ccw_training.asp

"My certification as a Utah Concealed Carry Weapons Instructor was revoked on 28 December 2007. This action was taken against me because I was using our video production to teach the Utah Concealed Carry Weapons Course.

Our original production was sanctioned by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (Utah BCI) on 27 December 2003. However, since then two acts by the Utah authorities were passed causing more stringent rules for the issuance of the Utah Concealed Carry Weapons permit.

Consequently, during this past year I have made a serious error in assuming that I was in compliance since the time the second act was passed by the Utah authorities. This error is 100% my fault. I blame no one......"